Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheetah Run 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Yup, will be doing it for the first time also...Looking to duck in under 26 minutes so hoping its a fast course to help...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Yap also doing it, looks like well organised event, I'm looking forward to it. Anyone know what the parking situation is like? Need to get there early?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

jebuz wrote: »
    Anyone know what the parking situation is like? Need to get there early?

From what I remember there are 3 large carparks, two of which are close to the entrance, the third a small walk away. There is an overflow one also but its on grass

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

jebuz wrote: »
    Yap also doing it, looks like well organised event, I'm looking forward to it. Anyone know what the parking situation is like? Need to get there early?
    Parking is fine. Only thing is that know what direction you are starting in and be near the front as it can be congested with lots of slower runners. Great event but generally not much depth in field with top 20 only under 6min/ mile. Lots of first timers in the wrong place when I did it a few years ago so just get to the front and stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭opus

viperlogic wrote: »
    Anyone else running this on Thursday (15/5/2014)? Always a very well organized and unique race

I'm in, unmissable really! Getting trickier to enter though, had two friends who didn't make it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Tipp man running

Gulp.. I entered this and forgot all about it...hopefully it'll be a nice evening, just need to get out of work on time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

No issue with Parking lads. This is our club race and there should be 10 or so stewards in place in the car park alone. Plenty of others on the course including yours truly.

I ran the race last year but the club is "encouraging" us all to help out tomorrow night, rightly so.
    Its mad the amount of bodies required to run a race like this - at last count there will be approx 80 club members on duty tomorrow some double jobbing i.e handing out race numbers and later handing out cups of tea.
    Hope everyone enjoys the race, its a great location,weather looks like it will be good as well!

(no harm in bringing along 1 or 2 family members as support as well!! ....free entry to Fota is no bad thing either on a nice evening....:) )

Anyone know what time chip collection is available from this evening? Cant seem to find it on Eagles AC site or Cork Running site

Anyone know what time chip collection is available from this evening? Cant seem to find it on Eagles AC site or Cork Running site

Registration starts at 6:30

Registration starts at 6:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭opus

Great weather & turn out at the Cheetah Run earlier, full marks to Eagle AC all went smoothly despite the increase in numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭cailineile

Thanks for a lovley evening, didn't stay for the tea after, but the races was super well organised and will be back next year, ( a slow first timer- but a very enjoyable race!!!)
    thank you to the members of Eagle AC

Great evening. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Very testing course with those hills, wanted to puke after the last one. Delighted with 37th out of 789 in a time of 25:11. Not a PB but still a happy camper. Meet opus before the race also, kept with him for the first mile before he started pulling away

small race report here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057204668

Great to see that ye all enjoyed it. It was a beautiful evening for a run, big change from the cold wet one last year. 803 runners started this evening.
    I was stewarding around the 2.5 mile point with my 5yr old daughter who should have been wrapped up in bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭slingerz

Great evening. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Very testing course with those hills, wanted to puke after the last one. Delighted with 37th out of 789 in a time of 25:11. Not a PB but still a happy camper. Meet opus before the race also, kept with him for the first mile before he started pulling away

Thats a great time dont think us slower folk have much sympathy for your almost puking after the last hill! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Great evening! I'm a complete slowpoke but was delighted to have done it, massive thanks to all involved in the organisation!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Tipp man running

EauRouge79 wrote: »
    Great to see that ye all enjoyed it. It was a beautiful evening for a run, big change from the cold wet one last year. 803 runners started this evening.
    I was stewarding around the 2.5 mile point with my 5yr old daughter who should have been wrapped up in bed!

I remember seen ye alright, I remember thinking it was cool seeing a 5 year old copying her dad in directing the runners at a junction @ around 2.5miles.
    First time running this course and thought it was a super route and very well run from the starting corals to the finishing clock. Got a quick get away with no traffic congestion at the start, every race should use that rope system. Never remembered Fota been so hilly though, I had it in my mind it was flat!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

This must be one of the most unique runs in the world, definitely in Ireland. And with the fine weather that night made it even better.

As I was running along at about the half mile mark a peacock walked out on the road in front of me completely oblivious to the hundreds of runners... All I could do was laugh... Then later down the road there was a couple of kangaroos just chilling on the grass watching the runners fly by... Amazing!

Advertisement