Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD erasmus arts

Options
  • 11-05-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I'm studying French Spanish and Italian, was just wondering if theres a specific gpa requirement needed to do erasmus? Is it true that language students are higher priority than other subjects? Is it only your first year gpa that counts?
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

You need to have a 3.0 GPA, but I've heard it's not strictly enforced. Are you in IML or just normal arts? IML are guaranteed the Erasmus if they pass enough modules, but arts aren't, though that said they don't automatically get priority either.

Language students don't get priority over anyone as far as I know, like you can go to Paris through English but you're not competing with French students for that place. There are set numbers of who goes where with what subjects.

When I was filling in my Erasmus form I did have to put all of my first year results down on it (but I don't think the mainstream arts ones have space for that), but it's quite possible that they looked at our second year semester 1 results too, they don't really tell you! First year definitely counts anyway, and second year GPA goes towards your degree, so don't slack off and you'll be fine. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Canard wrote: »
    You need to have a 3.0 GPA, but I've heard it's not strictly enforced.

For most it is this, but UCLA look for higher apparently.
    but it's quite possible that they looked at our second year semester 1 results too, they don't really tell you!

It depends when the application close date is. If your results are there, they usually get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭edgal

AndreaM95 wrote: »
    Hi I'm studying French Spanish and Italian, was just wondering if theres a specific gpa requirement needed to do erasmus? Is it true that language students are higher priority than other subjects? Is it only your first year gpa that counts?
    Thanks in advance :)

If your studying languages then you don't get priority, however your Erasmus abroad may not be through English which lowers demand for that option, so it may be easier to get it on a lower GPA. In general candidates need a first year GPA of at least 3.0/3.08;passing all core modules.The higher your GPA the greater discretion you'll have over where you go; in particular if you want to go on an international exchange which is more competitive.

Advertisement