Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I buy needles in Boots.

Options
  • 11-05-2014 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

I saw some videos for jelly art on Youtube and I really want to try it. I don't know though if you can buy needles in Boots. Anyone know if you can or will they think I'm a junkie?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm fairly certain you can buy the syringes there, not sure about the needles. Just explain what you want them for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

I tried to buy needles in a chemist - I wanted to refill ink cartridges with edible ink, but they wouldn't sell them to me. I don't know if it was just me or chemists in general.

Edit: Re Stheno's answer, they were happy to sell me the syringes, but not the needles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I know a friend of mine has to get a prescription from her GP for her needles but I think that was because of the type of needle she needed. Might be worth checking on amazon to see if you can get them online

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Intravenous needles would be the issue. I have syringes with slightly wider needles, I have heard the term "blunted pipette" used to describe the needles. You might get them in pet shops, as they are used for feeding small animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

The needles being used in the video are printer ink refill needles......you can get a pack of them quite cheaply from most electronics / PC shops. I'd imagine surgical needles would be too fine for the task.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

OP, if they really thought you were a junkie, they'd give you free needles!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I got one in Boots in Stephens Green before, I got a few funny looks but they gave it to me when I explained why I needed it, I had an e-cigarette that needed to be filled by needle.

If you're not in a rush you could buy some from an e-cig supply shop:
    Syringe with sharp needle
    Blunt needle
    Needle tipped bottle (blunt)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's loads of them on eBay, again for filling printer ink cartridges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Thanks for all the help guys.

Advertisement