Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Cork for holiday

• 11-05-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, me and my family are planning on going to West Cork for a week or so in the summer, just wondering, is there anything fun (not too expensive) to do there? It's me and my 2 sisters and 2 brothers (were all 13-16 y/o, 2 sets of twins) and my parents.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Where in West Cork are you planning to go and will you have transport?
    The reason I ask is that West Cork covers a fair area and some recommendations would be more appropriate than others.
    Cork City to say Allihies/Castletownbere is 140km or so whereas if you were in Kinsale you have more options to travel to Cork City/East Cork etc.
    Most of West Cork is great though, particularly in the Summer months and especially if the weather is good. Most coastal villages have plenty going on, summer festivals and the like, but a lot would also have sailing courses, fishing and sightseeing trips etc going on throughout the summer. Loads of people in your age group around as well and all in 'Holiday Mode' so a good time is almost guaranteed. Personally I love the likes of Crookhaven/Barleycove/Allihies rather than the likes of Kinsale. Kinsale is a fine town but for me it's probably a bit too urban for a holiday. The likes of Garrettstown (just out the road) is fine though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Gougane Barra (Guagán Barra) Forest Park, West Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

Take the ferry across to Cape Clear from Baltimore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

get this book "West Cork and Kerry for Kids". It's our go to to guide when exploring West Cork with our kids.

westcork.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement