Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do ?

Options
  • 11-05-2014 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi my x wife contacted me to say she wants to do some thing for our sons birthday next weekend for his birthday, My wife has our son Sunday to Friday and I collect him for the weekend if I could take him all the time I would. In the last two months alone she has spent little time with him as she is always away on holidays with her new boyfriend and she has been sick in hospital, when she was in hospital she refuses to let me mind my son and sent him to her mother who is collecting disability because she is obese, and can hardly walk, her mother is not aloud see four of her other gran kids because she drinks a lot to, I have asked her all the time about this and told that its none of my business we don't have a agreement yet for the rest of his time, my son told me that his mother boyfriend shouts at him when she is not around he is also bipolar and is going to HSE with mental problems, they have only be seen each other since the start of the year and moved him in the house after a month, my son has told me he is feeling left out and the only one who cares about him is me, He tells me that his mother family are always telling him I am a bad man and bad dad I don't care what they say but its so unfare to the child it is really up setting me to hear my son say no one likes him. What can I do ? Before all this my child was very happy and never been down with loads of friends his school work is been affected and so is his spirit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Firstly is it court ordered visitation?

I would firstly keep a record whats happening.
    assuming she wants him next weekend, what will hsppen if you refuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭singledad80

No its not a court agreement yet we will be in court this month, she can refuse to let me have him, but they only one she be hurting is him, I care about him so much and I like having him all the time not playing happy family's on his birthday, she had one week at the start of the month and sent him to her mothers didn't care about him then. why spoil my weekend with him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

You'd be insane to get involved in any sort of disagreement with court coming up in a month. Take a note of everything and use it to prepare for court.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

No its not a court agreement yet we will be in court this month, she can refuse to let me have him, but they only one she be hurting is him, I care about him so much and I like having him all the time not playing happy family's on his birthday, she had one week at the start of the month and sent him to her mothers didn't care about him then. why spoil my weekend with him?

Well if shes using him as a pawn, may not realise he is the one hurt the worst....play it cool and sort it in court

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

What age is your son?

• Advertisement

seven

The good news is my wife rang me tonight and we are going to try and make it work We have agreed to communicating a lot more during counselling and we are hope full for the future thanks for the help everyone.

Advertisement