Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music

• 11-05-2014 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

So what does everyone think's gonna come up?

For me:

Listening:
    -Q1) Mozart 3rd movement
    -When I'm 64
    -Un Bal
    -Seachanges (have no clue what part XD)

Composition:
    -Minor melody

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I reckon Mozart Mvt1 will be Q1, it's never been q1 as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Octotron

Neither has the 3rd though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stephenbegley1

I think Un Bal is guaranteed for Berlioz and a Minor Melody for the composition. Anyone know the possibilities for the Irish music essay questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 doggybag12

I think Un Bal is guaranteed for Berlioz and a Minor Melody for the composition. Anyone know the possibilities for the Irish music essay questions?

irish trad influence on N.america maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

V possible! Im learning influence in n america, ornamentation hasnt been up in ages, its due and so is a 20th centuary piece of music! And ceili bands and sean o'riada

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

I wonder will we have a horrible question like the deb pre (I think) with all mozart movements?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Octotron

I might just bank on Movement 3 coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭richardh330

Anyone know in the composition paper you can answer all melody questions?
    In my mock I answered all 3 and only Q1 was corrected which was probably my worst. My teacher says I can do all but I'm sorta worried for the real thing, can I?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

Anyone know in the composition paper you can answer all melody questions?
    In my mock I answered all 3 and only Q1 was corrected which was probably my worst. My teacher says I can do all but I'm sorta worried for the real thing, can I?

honest question how do you have time to do all 3 and your backing chord question?! I would just do the one you're best at

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭richardh330

a0ifee wrote: »
    honest question how do you have time to do all 3 and your backing chord question?! I would just do the one you're best at

I find them quite easy, I can do one question done in about 10mins. The problem is I don't know my best because it depends on the key, tonality and the melody in general. Do you think the examiner would correct all of them and give me the marks for my best?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Octotron wrote: »
    I might just bank on Movement 3 coming up.

Movement 3 has come up the most, Movement 1 hasn't come up up since 2003 so that may come up.

Advertisement