Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commercial tax named driver

• 11-05-2014 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi all
    I'm looking to get a van as the current car is beginning to cough. I'm 24 and hoping to get commercially insured as my father has a farm.
    My question is, although the herd number is not in my name, can I avail of the tax relief as a named driver or as a worker on the farm?
    If I'm a "farm labourer" would my parents be expected to show that they pay me?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

commercial insurance is matter for insurance companies so ask for quotes and T&Cs.
    tax relief for jeep would apply to owner as they submit tax return irrelevant of driver, but you may have issues re using off farm though for social purposes AFAK, any way if you work in farm a wage to cover your income will benefit you later re pensions etc as well as cutting farm tax liability , your parents accountant could advise better

Advertisement