Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone put decking over paving slabs?

• 11-05-2014 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,982 ✭✭✭✭

Decking wouldn't be my first choice, however, we have a paved patio out the back, inherited. And grand.

But I would like to raise the height of the patio to get a better view of the mountains in the distance. The current situation is a bit too low to make the best of the view.

Any suggestions?

And thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I did it years ago and it worked out fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,982 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Carpenter wrote: »
    I did it years ago and it worked out fine

Thanks C.

I think I needed a rebuttal to those who would insist I needed to take up the patio for a foundation or summat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Decking wouldn't be my first choice, however, we have a paved patio out the back, inherited. And grand.

But I would like to raise the height of the patio to get a better view of the mountains in the distance. The current situation is a bit too low to make the best of the view.

Any suggestions?

And thanks.

doubt it would be a problem, as it will be a similar/better foundation than the new one. do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

My decking is installed on top of an old patio and in my opinion it's a lot better than having it over grass. The frame of the decking is bolted to the house and we used broken paving slabs and roof slate to lift it up off the old paving and make it level. Has been there approx. 4 years and no problems at all.

Advertisement