Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I go about changing my credit card to one with a lower interest rate

Options
  • 11-05-2014 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

How do I go about changing my credit card to one  with a lower interest rate? I'm not sure exactly even what I'm paying at the moment but I'd be interested in changing to one with balance transfers of 0% for the first 6 months. I'm a BOI customer with a BOI credit card wanting to change to another BOI credit card/ 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi twinkelstar23,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.ie 

While a balance transfer of 0% may not be available, if you call our Credit Card services team on 0818 200 334 a representative will be happy to explain the range of credit cards available. 

Our representatives are available 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday. 

Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Hi twinkelstar23,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.ie 

While a balance transfer of 0% may not be available, if you call our Credit Card services team on 0818 200 334 a representative will be happy to explain the range of credit cards available. 

Our representatives are available 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday. 

Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    http://www.moneyguideireland.com/credit-card-offers

Reality is that you will need to switch away from Bank of Ireland to get the best interest free deal. You  basically just apply online and indicate that you want to transfer a balance as part of signing up for the new card. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi twinklestar23,

Just to clarify, we would encourage you to call our Credit Card Team who will be happy to help you with this query and advise you what card would best suit you in this case. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement