Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good MOSFET and good BOOTS

• 11-05-2014 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am currently thinking of upgrading my AEG. I would like to install a MOSFET for my CM16 G&G. The problem is; there is so much to choose from and I would like to know opinions of people who have MOSFET-s to give me some sort of hint into which one of these is the best in terms of price/quality/effect.

Second thing is; I am looking for good boots. I found Fostex 'Swat' type boots on airsoftguns.ie. It has pretty quick delivery times and I need boots for a sunday game. Again, I would like to ask for advice of people with similar or maybe not similar boots to help me to choose from.

Thanks,
    Casper

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

What are you looking for the mofset to do?
    Where are you based?
    What's your budget for boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

Looking to improve the trigger response. Based in Kilkenny. Boots; around 80-90E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

For improved response trigger wise I have used the ultimate(I think that's the brand )ones airsofteire with great results.
    Boots € 80-90 IMO is not a lot for good boots. For your price range your looking at magnums or similar which won't stand up to much heavy use/abuse and won't be very watertight or offer much supourt. From experience id say save up a bit more and buy something from meindle. Twice the budget ammount listed but ten times the value in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The only issue with Meindl is that over the last few years their prices have been going very rapidly skyward - like they're trying to actually price themselves out of the market. Which is a shame because they are fantastic. I own a pair of Meindl GTX boots which I use for general use and goddamn are they comfy but horrendously expensive, so for airsoft I've switched to a pair of issue Altberg Defenders; which I picked up surplus in very good nick for £40.

+1 to what Thermo said about boot budgets though. Look after your feet and they will look after you. If your feet are uncomfortable, wet, etc. you'll be miserable and fighting not just the other guy, but your footwear and whatever discomfort you are feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Another +1 on good boots. I have a pair of meindl that I bought for £110 back in 2001 that are still going strong after plenty of hillwalking and camping and general feckin about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

I bought a NanoASR mosfet direct from the manufacturer (gatee.eu) for only €30

Fitted easily to a GR15 (although I did choose the complete rewiring option) and is a marked improvement.

Also bought and fitted their PicoSSR 2 to a Mac-10, (combined with LiPo upgrade), which is so much fun :-)

Good after sales as well.

Would certainly buy their products again.

Had no issues with the Magnum Cobra's I've been using for the last 6 months either, but they don't get regular hardship...certainly a step up from wellies ;-)

Advertisement