Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

Has anyone else for dublin heard yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Kaka92 wrote: »
    Has anyone else for dublin heard yet?

I'm still waiting for dublin

Axelf0128 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for dublin

Me too I'll be checking my emails all day

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ciaracawley

Anyone get any word on d medical who was in d curragh on tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jmurt90

I was there tuesday still havnt heard anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 TommyGuilfoyle

Anyone get any word on d medical who was in d curragh on tuesday?

Nope nothing yet, I'd say we'll be the last group to get an email.

Nope nothing yet, I'd say we'll be the last group to get an email.

Why do you say that? The wait is a killer

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TommyGuilfoyle

Why do you say that? The wait is a killer

I'm hoping today but if they don't get back to us by Friday something is definitely wrong

I'm hoping today but if they don't get back to us by Friday something is definitely wrong

Ya i know. Thats what im worried about. Everyone should get word all at the same time.

Ya i know. Thats what im worried about. Everyone should get word all at the same time.
    If only one person has heard then it's not right
    Everyone hears at the same time
    Give it till the end of the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Gazoc90

If only one person has heard then it's not right
    Everyone hears at the same time
    Give it till the end of the week

As I posted earlier. I got this email yesterday. So expect one at the latest tomorrow.

Dear

Thank you for your email, we are currently working on dates for Medicals, you should be hearing from us in the next day or two with regard to this.

Kind Regards,

SO PMS,

Collins Barracks,

Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jmurt90

I got a email calling me to navy medical on the 14th of july. Hope ye get your emails soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dryan95

Done my Navy medical in the naval base today they said give it about 10 days for the bloods to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rydugg

Got a date for medical in cork on the 30th ! Got a lot of forms that must be signed and dated anyone know if we gotta sign them before or on the day we are up there !?

Anyone else from Dublin yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gazoc90

Medical for army cork 28th. :)

It said on the email that they are only enlisting 40 people out of the 60 they're calling for medical . Why is this ??

Rydugg wrote: »
    It said on the email that they are only enlisting 40 people out of the 60 they're calling for medical . Why is this ??

For the army or navy?
    It could people that did different in the tests

For the army or navy?
    It could people that did different in the tests

For the army, still not guaranteed a place ya know ?

For the army, still not guaranteed a place ya know ?

Where did you apply for?
    Can you put the email up that you gt?

• Advertisement

Where did you apply for?
    Can you put the email up that you gt?

Dear Ryan Duggan,

Further to your recent application for the 2014 General Service Army Cork Interview Centre (Permanent Defence Force) Competition details of Stage 3 are given below. The board will call approximately 60 candidates for Medical's. Only 40 will be enlisted. Being called for medical is not an offer of employment

Stage 3 - Medical

It is extremely important that you bring a copy of this correspondence with you in order to gain access to the Interview centre.

It's for cork . Also got 2 medical documents to be filled out

Dear Ryan Duggan,

Further to your recent application for the 2014 General Service Army Cork Interview Centre (Permanent Defence Force) Competition details of Stage 3 are given below. The board will call approximately 60 candidates for Medical's. Only 40 will be enlisted. Being called for medical is not an offer of employment

Stage 3 - Medical

It is extremely important that you bring a copy of this correspondence with you in order to gain access to the Interview centre.

That's weird the last stage I did was stage 4 and it was the retest and job preview

Wonder why this is stage 3?
    Some people don't pass the medical so that's prob why and the need to cut down numbers too

Dear Ryan Duggan,

Stage 3 - Medical

Why would they be doing medicals in an interview centre??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mewt

I received the same email with regards to my medical in Cork. It's somewhat disheartening to hear 1/3 of those going to the medical wont be selected. I was under the impression following the correspondence with the recruitment office on the last stage, that those who had been called for re-testing where in effect ''the A Panel'' and provided they didn't fail either the re-test or the medical they would be offered a job.

All in all the system of recruitment for the enlisted ranks in Ireland is abysmally laid out and quite costly (travel costs etc). One wonders why they can't bunch multiple stages together in one overnight setting similar to the British ADSC. Not only to reduce the amount of travel but also to offer people some clarification on w/e they have passed or not and what their status is with regards to panels etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

Has anyone heard anything back from the curragh? Haven't heard anything myself. Think il give them ring tomoro and see what the story is.

Anyone from Dublin yet I'm still waiting to hear back not looking good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 limk2014

Anyone from Dublin yet I'm still waiting to hear back not looking good

Still haven't heard anything from dublin either

limk2014 wrote: »
    Still haven't heard anything from dublin either

Awh grand I keep worrying heads melted with it haha

Awh grand I keep worrying heads melted with it haha
    Me either just give it till the end of the week
    You no what there like with getting back to people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

For anybody who applied in Dublin, did they email or call the manpower office to see when the medical dates will be given out for Dublin.

Advertisement