Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

Just got an email to say " You have now been placed on a panel, and this panel may be used, at a future date, to select candidates for the next stage of the competition." Gutted I am. Best of luck to everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Unlucky man where was that for ? I'm still waiting on dublin

Axelf0128 wrote: »

The curragh

The curragh

The curragh

• Advertisement

TheStig13 wrote: »
    The curragh

It's not a bad thing if anyone fails medical you will be called depending where you are on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gazo66

Got an email this morning for navy for a medical on July 30th anyone else hear anything, for anyone that got an email saying there put on a Panal wat does this mean that you haven got it or wat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dryan95

Finished my medical yesterday for the navy

dryan95 wrote: »
    Finished my medical yesterday for the navy

Wat did they say about the start date or did they say anythin else, when are you expected ta hear somethin now,

Nothing about start dates but they said the bloods and urine sample results could be ten or more days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 pccats

think the whole recruitment process is badly organised from start to finish, my son has received a date for medical in Cork, was told it would be used for both army/navy. Today then he got a vague email from army that he's on a panel pending government funding. He doesn't know what to do & has decided not to pursue the Navy and will hold out for an offer from the army, will this ever happen????!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ecork23

Is that the panel 2015 subject to Government approval?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TommyGuilfoyle

Got this email at 11pm:

Dear Thomas,

Further to your recent application for the 2014 General Enlistment in the Naval Service, the Army will carry out your medical.

On successful completion of the medical this office will contact you to provide you with a date to meet the Medical Officer Naval Service.

We appreciate your patience until the Army Recruitment Office contacts you.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE:

Should you fail to report for you medical at your allotted time (provided by the Army), it will be presumed that you are not interested in pursuing a career in the DEFENCE FORCES, and your name will be removed from the competition.

THIS LETTER IS NOT TO BE INTERPRETED AS A JOB OFFER

Yours sincerely,

Naval Service Recruitment Office

Recruitment Office
    Irish Naval Service

That's a bit odd ain't it so you have to medical wit army and then wait to be called for medical in cork???? Did you apply for both navy and army

• Registered Users Posts: 9 paul_aaron

I got an email off the navy last night saying to attend a medical 26th of August? anyone else get a date so late? Also does anyone know how many people are left in the competetion? surely its not many now

I got one yesterday for navy for 30th July , but the lad told us at physc test the start dates are august and October so ya could be just looking more at the October start date, I dunno lad it's fairly up in the air ain't it I was thinking same surely can't be many left,

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TommyGuilfoyle

Gazo66 wrote: »
    That's a bit odd ain't it so you have to medical wit army and then wait to be called for medical in cork???? Did you apply for both navy and army

Yeah I applied for both :)

I got one yesterday for navy for 30th July , but the lad told us at physc test the start dates are august and October so ya could be just looking more at the October start date, I dunno lad it's fairly up in the air ain't it I was thinking same surely can't be many left,

Yeah must be the October group so! I heard theres 120 left and 80 are getting in? Wish we were given abit more info tho man ... did you go to the job briefing by any chance I had to leave and wasnt able to stick around for it, did I miss much?

Yea I was at it no ya didn't miss anything they was basically saying wat ya be doing on a day to day basis cause they don't want drop outs cause it wasn't wat ya thought it was if ya done a bit of research on net that's the same they just put it in bullet points really ta no, it's fairly vague as far as info goes but he said the 2 start dates are August and October that's defo 40 in both, but I rang them couple weeks ago cause I'm going on hols first week in August an was hoping I wouldn't get call for medical or start even that week and they just said end of summer so it's fairly vague I think they don't no actual dates themselves ya no, did you have ta travel far to cork

Anybody have any idea of how many are left for the navy ?

• Advertisement

Yea I was at it no ya didn't miss anything they was basically saying wat ya be doing on a day to day basis cause they don't want drop outs cause it wasn't wat ya thought it was if ya done a bit of research on net that's the same they just put it in bullet points really ta no, it's fairly vague as far as info goes but he said the 2 start dates are August and October that's defo 40 in both, but I rang them couple weeks ago cause I'm going on hols first week in August an was hoping I wouldn't get call for medical or start even that week and they just said end of summer so it's fairly vague I think they don't no actual dates themselves ya no, did you have ta travel far to cork

Yeah it vague alright man. I travelled from around Dublin few hours of a drive what about yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Irishboy!

Anyone who got placed on panel did ask there position on panel and the likelihood of actually getting in??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 limk2014

Are there still people who didn't hear any word bak from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mwcat

limk2014 wrote: »
    Are there still people who didn't hear any word bak from Dublin?

Yeah , I haven't heard anything back yet . I was in curragh for retest on wed afternoon 25th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

mwcat wrote: »
    Yeah , I haven't heard anything back yet . I was in curragh for retest on wed afternoon 25th June.

Yes, same here.

I might give them a call on Monday or Tuesday if I don't hear anything back on monday .

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Duffer96

Got this email at 11pm:

Dear Thomas,

Further to your recent application for the 2014 General Enlistment in the Naval Service, the Army will carry out your medical.

On successful completion of the medical this office will contact you to provide you with a date to meet the Medical Officer Naval Service.

We appreciate your patience until the Army Recruitment Office contacts you.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE:

Should you fail to report for you medical at your allotted time (provided by the Army), it will be presumed that you are not interested in pursuing a career in the DEFENCE FORCES, and your name will be removed from the competition.

THIS LETTER IS NOT TO BE INTERPRETED AS A JOB OFFER

Yours sincerely,

Naval Service Recruitment Office

Recruitment Office
    Irish Naval Service

I got the same email at the same time, is this a positive email or should I be worried? This whole process is confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 9 woodzy1234

Has anyone heard anything from Dublin yet?

No nothing from Dublin here wat about your self ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

woodzy1234 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything from Dublin yet?

I was up in the Curragh on the Wednesday at 13.30. Still haven't heard anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Duffer96

No nothing from Dublin here wat about your self ?

Nothing here either, I'm a dual candidate and I got an email of the navy saying the army will do my medical so just wait for another email off them and if I pass the medical then ill have to meet with a medical naval officer

Advertisement