Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 woodzy1234

Axelf0128 wrote: »
    No nothing from Dublin here wat about your self ?

Nothing yet all this waiting is very frustrating lol

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Has anybody gave the manpower office a quick call to see whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lorflower

My son tried ringing manpower in Cathal Brugha Barracks No answer also tried Newbridge no answer .

Wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait until the retests are done

woodzy1234 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait until the retests are done

What retests?

• Advertisement

killer91 wrote: »
    What retests?
    Some people have to do the aptitude test again..this will be a third test

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

Some people have to do the aptitude test again..this will be a third test

How do you know that?

Kaka92 wrote: »
    How do you know that?

I know someone who has to do a retest

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gazo66

Why a retest was done was there something a miss wit the first one or wat like

Gazo66 wrote: »
    Why a retest was done was there something a miss wit the first one or wat like

The results didn't match up with the results of the first test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Gazoc90

The results didn't match up with the results of the first test

Would you not think that would mean he is out. The retest was a waste of time then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Gazoc90 wrote: »
    Would you not think that would mean he is out. The retest was a waste of time then.

I thought that was the purpose of the retest. You fail your gone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pokerface92

dryan95 wrote: »
    Nothing about start dates but they said the bloods and urine sample results could be ten or more days

I'm just wondering what did the medical entail from start to finish? Thank you

I emailed to ask about dublin I'll let you's know when I get a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ciaracawley

Just out of interest did any of ye bring in a times table sheet or anything to help with calculations to d aptitude test. I know if u done the careers course they gave a sheet and said it cud be brought in.

Just out of interest did any of ye bring in a times table sheet or anything to help with calculations to d aptitude test. I know if u done the careers course they gave a sheet and said it cud be brought in.
    No it's pretty basic maths _x_=10

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Irishboy!

Definitely wouldn't be allowed, the whole numerical reasoning part of the test is pretty much times tables!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Just go let yeas know I got date for medical for Dublin, all that sweating on email finally got it, can anyone tell me wat they do in medical

Just go let yeas know I got date for medical for Dublin, all that sweating on email finally got it, can anyone tell me wat they do in medical

Fair play man. I'm still waiting myself, do you mind me asking how far away it is.

killer91 wrote: »
    Fair play man. I'm still waiting myself, do you mind me asking how far away it is.

It's in a weeks time man :)

• Advertisement

It's in a weeks time man :)

Cheers I'm just trying to sort out work and repeats myself just in case I get a medical.

What group where you in for your retest? We're you morning or afternoon ?
    What date.. Just wish I'd get an email

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Duffer96

I havent got my medical yet but from what I know they will check, eyesight, hearing, blood pressure, blood sample, urine sample to check your liver and kidneys, lung capacity, flexibility that's all I know but I'd say there's more to it

I was in the morning group on Wednesday I wouldn't worry lads I thought I mad a balls of the retest and I got invited for the medical so wouldn't worry

I was in the morning group on Wednesday I wouldn't worry lads I thought I mad a balls of the retest and I got invited for the medical so wouldn't worry
    true hopefully I hear tomorrow was in the afternoon group so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

paul_aaron wrote: »
    I got an email off the navy last night saying to attend a medical 26th of August? anyone else get a date so late? Also does anyone know how many people are left in the competetion? surely its not many now

my son got a medical for the 2nd of sept for the navy and he was in the curragh on the 24th afternoon group

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brockal21

Iv my navy medical on the 28th of July and four of my buddy's have theirs in July also, so I'm thinking the July medicals will be the first recruit class for August and the August and September medicals will be the second class for October.

Brockal21 wrote: »
    Iv my navy medical on the 28th of July and four of my buddy's have theirs in July also, so I'm thinking the July medicals will be the first recruit class for August and the August and September medicals will be the second class for October.

that is what i am kind of thinking myself but god only knows the way things are going,we will have to only wait and see

Has anyone else from dublin heard for the army not the navy ?

• Advertisement

Kaka92 wrote: »
    Has anyone else from dublin heard for the army not the navy ?

i know a couple of people that went for the army in cork and they didnt hear anything yet.it seems to be all the navy at the moment

Advertisement