Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Irishboy!

DOB01 wrote: »
    try and give them a buzz they might change it for you

collins barracks manpower (army)021 4514108

haulbowline manpower (navy)021 4864731

Think your at nothing lad, they seem fairly strict on the medicals, he even told us at the retest that there will be no rescheduling allowed!! Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pokerface92

Oh I rang already there is no problem at all but they won't be able to give me a date until after the 14th of August but all the slots are full unless I get someone to swap with me and I'd nearly like at this stage to get it over me you know

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

Oh I rang already there is no problem at all but they won't be able to give me a date until after the 14th of August but all the slots are full unless I get someone to swap with me and I'd nearly like at this stage to get it over me you know

is it the army or navy ?

if you want to get it over you asap,my date is later than the 14th of Aug for the navy so you are prob better off waiting for them to give you a new date.sorry i couldn't help.

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pokerface92

DOB01 wrote: »
    if you want to get it over you asap,my date is later than the 14th of Aug for the navy so you are prob better off waiting for them to give you a new date.sorry i couldn't help.

best of luck

Thanks man all the same! It's for the army :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Rydugg

Anyone know when exactly recruit training for cork starts ?? As I have a holiday on September and will obviously cancel it if I have to

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gazo66

Rydugg wrote: »
    Anyone know when exactly recruit training for cork starts ?? As I have a holiday on September and will obviously cancel it if I have to

Navy or army your looking for start date

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rydugg

Gazo66 wrote: »
    Navy or army your looking for start date

Army lad

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gazo66

Dunno army, navy is 18th august and 20 October

Thanks man all the same! It's for the army :)

more than welcome

best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 vivalaquinta

Has anyone heard anything from Dublin yet (Army), getting beyond a joke at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gary ryan

Has anyone heard anything from Dublin yet (Army), getting beyond a joke at this stage...

Have not heard anything yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yep, did medical today. This is the 9th day they've been running them, but they're only doing a week at a time, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Hi I have my medical tomorrow at 8 it says you have to fast but can I still drink water ?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Yep, did medical today. This is the 9th day they've been running them, but they're only doing a week at a time, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything.

How did ya get on?

Did they say anything about what way the platoons are going through? As in, are they all going to be in Brugha or elsewhere for 2nd brigade?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Irishboy!

Is there anyone that applied to the curragh, did the retest and didnt get a medical??

Axelf0128 wrote: »
    Hi I have my medical tomorrow at 8 it says you have to fast but can I still drink water ?

on my medical email it says you can drink water only during the fasting time

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gary ryan

Yeah I done one for the reserves a few weeks back water is fine, also it may take a while so do bring a lunch they should give you time to eat

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

Have people from dublin heard for the army?

Had my medical today lads, doctor said in fit as long as bloods come back ok. The army lads in their today said that if you haven't heard back then that's a good thing everyone that didn't get in got an email already letting them know they weren't successful they are doing medicals week by week so you will get an email.
    Also people in the first two weeks of medicals will be going into the first platoon that's the one I am in and their going in around 20th of August to Dundalk but Dundalk isn't 100% confirmed yet.
    Them the second platoon is going in the beginning of October . Best of luck lads by this clears it up.

• Advertisement

Had my medical today lads, doctor said in fit as long as bloods come back ok. The army lads in their today said that if you haven't heard back then that's a good thing everyone that didn't get in got an email already letting them know they weren't successful they are doing medicals week by week so you will get an email.
    Also people in the first two weeks of medicals will be going into the first platoon that's the one I am in and their going in around 20th of August to Dundalk but Dundalk isn't 100% confirmed yet.
    Them the second platoon is going in the beginning of October . Best of luck lads by this clears it up.

well done lad best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Well done man.

Thanks for the info.

There's hope yet for the rest of us haha.

Thanks a mill
    They didn't mention we're the second platoon where gonna be?

Yea I wouldn't worry lads, em he was saying more than likely second platoon will be arklow but their not confirmed yet but it's looking that way

Yea I wouldn't worry lads, em he was saying more than likely second platoon will be arklow but their not confirmed yet but it's looking that way

Thanks
    There's no army barracks in arklow only reserves

Kaka92 wrote: »
    Thanks
    There's no army barracks in arklow only reserves

Sorry I meant athlone 😂😂

Sorry I meant athlone 😂😂
    Haha no bother thanks
    Did they say when Medicals would be over?

Kaka92 wrote: »
    Haha no bother thanks
    Did they say when Medicals would be over?

Just before the first platoon goes in so they go on till about 16th august

Just before the first platoon goes in so they go on till about 16th august
    Perfect :) thank you
    All the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 rusty14

has anyone heard anything definite about start date from the navy yet??

Advertisement