Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gazo66

rusty14 wrote: »
    has anyone heard anything definite about start date from the navy yet??

I was talking to a lad I no in the navy and I asked him to find out he rang me vack the other day and said that first start date is 18th august and the second start date is 20th October, ya no yourself now that's as close and as acurate info I can get, have you done your medical yet

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rusty14

Gazo66 wrote: »
    I was talking to a lad I no in the navy and I asked him to find out he rang me vack the other day and said that first start date is 18th august and the second start date is 20th October, ya no yourself now that's as close and as acurate info I can get, have you done your medical yet

ya did the medical july 8th heard nothing yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Has anyone on here failed the hearing test first time round and went back and passed it? I have to repeat mine tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

rusty14 wrote: »
    ya did the medical july 8th heard nothing yet!!

Surely there will be places offered this week, a months notice for the 18th of August is the least they can give people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brockal21

Gorman700 wrote: »
    Surely there will be places offered this week, a months notice for the 18th of August is the least they can give people.

My buddies got in about 2 years ago and they only got 2weeks notice be4 going in

• Advertisement

Brockal21 wrote: »
    My buddies got in about 2 years ago and they only got 2weeks notice be4 going in

I've heard plenty of cases of that, bit of a joke really.

I've heard plenty of cases of that, bit of a joke really.

It's a job for life and what you've been waiting for since you applied back in February:) they can give me a days notice and I'd still be delighted haha

It's a job for life and what you've been waiting for since you applied back in February:) they can give me a days notice and I'd still be delighted haha

I agree, however, people have notices to work up, some 2 weeks, some contracted to give a month. Personally, I've a business to wrap up. A months notice would be the "right" thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gary ryan

cathalmonk wrote: »
    Has anyone on here failed the hearing test first time round and went back and passed it? I have to repeat mine tomorrow.

For the reserves I had to repeat and I passed, just relax and if you're in doubt press the button

I agree, however, people have notices to work up, some 2 weeks, some contracted to give a month. Personally, I've a business to wrap up. A months notice would be the "right" thing to do.

Ya that's true I think I just got lucky with work because they said iv no need to give them notice:) hopefully they give you enough notice anyway!

• Advertisement

Ya that's true I think I just got lucky with work because they said iv no need to give them notice:) hopefully they give you enough notice anyway!

Happy days, would save me some serious work if I got even 3 weeks notice! Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Can anyone remember how long they said for bloods to come back and if they would contact us ?, also see the urine test have we to wait on that or was that in the report when we went to see doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Alright lads, the wait was killing me so I emailed them last week to see what the craic was.

I just got this email the this morning:

Dear Killian,

We are currently trying to complile a list of dates with St Bricins Hospital regarding your upcoming medical. This is taking some time due to the vast number of Candidates and time restraints of organising dates which are available to us.

We realise that it is taking some time but please bear with us and, we will be in touch in due course with a confirmed date. There is no point in emailing this office asking what is the status as I have clearly explained it in this email.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Manpower Office
    2 Bde
    Cathal Brugha Bks
    Rathmines
    Dublin 6

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭brennan10

Axelf0128 wrote: »
    Can anyone remember how long they said for bloods to come back and if they would contact us ?, also the urine test have we to wait on that or was that in the report when we went to see doctor

Everything bar the bloods and urine you know know how you did on the day. Just before I left the main doctor to sign me off said I should know the results of the blood and urine tests in a week approx although that is over a month ago now. I wonder even by not hearing back yet can it be taken as a good thing as I'm sure they would have contacted me by now if there was an issue...

brennan10 wrote: »
    Everything bar the bloods and urine you know know how you did on the day. Just before I left the main doctor to sign me off said I should know the results of the blood and urine tests in a week approx although that is over a month ago now. I wonder even by not hearing back yet can it be taken as a good thing as I'm sure they would have contacted me by now if there was an issue...

Yea I think if you don't hear back then it's all good as far as I know they only contact you if their is a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kcdc13

killer91 wrote: »
    Alright lads, the wait was killing me so I emailed them last week to see what the craic was.

I just got this email the this morning:

Dear Killian,

We are currently trying to complile a list of dates with St Bricins Hospital regarding your upcoming medical. This is taking some time due to the vast number of Candidates and time restraints of organising dates which are available to us.

We realise that it is taking some time but please bear with us and, we will be in touch in due course with a confirmed date. There is no point in emailing this office asking what is the status as I have clearly explained it in this email.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Manpower Office
    2 Bde
    Cathal Brugha Bks
    Rathmines
    Dublin 6

I got the exact same email, does this mean we passed??

Alright lads when did he do your medicals mine not till the 30th of this month is that late then, did ye do your phys test between 23-26th in curragh

This is for Navy people....There has been a few people on here saying they done medicals at the start of July! I was in the base today and they said medicals only started last Monday! Hope people aren't just making up story's

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

This is for Navy people....There has been a few people on here saying they done medicals at the start of July! I was in the base today and they said medicals only started last Monday! Hope people aren't just making up story's

my friend done his medical for the navy on 2nd of july and thats 100%

That's war I was thinking that's some early alright when you done your medical did they say anythin about when they would be in touch or anythin

• Advertisement

That's war I was thinking that's some early alright when you done your medical did they say anythin about when they would be in touch or anythin

10 days they told my friend and then he emailed them and they said it will be in aug he will be notified

Did he do his phys then in the curragh he must of got emailed some quick from the results I didn't get my results for physc and emailed about medical until 3rd of July

Did he do his phys then in the curragh he must of got emailed some quick from the results I didn't get my results for physc and emailed about medical until 3rd of July

he was in the Curragh on the 24th with myself and he got a phone call to go for medical a couple of days later,i have my own medical on 2nd of sept for the navy.

DOB01 wrote: »
    10 days they told my friend and then he emailed them and they said it will be in aug he will be notified

They'll only be giving lads a couple of weeks notice so by the sounds of it! I did mine on the 7th and they said blood results would be back in 10 days and that they'd be in touch after then!

Lads see for the bloods is it 10 working days or just 10 days we have to wait and will they let us know about the bloods or will they just email us a start date after

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pokerface92

I wonder if you don't get into the batch going in in August and you get into the October batch do you have to do the same medical over again?

I wonder if you don't get into the batch going in in August and you get into the October batch do you have to do the same medical over again?

No man once you do medical then it's done yea don't have to do it again

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TommyGuilfoyle

I'm doing my medical on the 20th of August so I'd say if I pass I'm part of the October batch

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pokerface92

Axelf0128 wrote: »
    No man once you do medical then it's done yea don't have to do it again

Thanks man! Yeah it would be a pain alright if it had to be done again!

• Advertisement

dose anyone know how many is left in the navy competition ?

Advertisement