Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jmurt90

DOB01 wrote: »
    dose anyone know how many is left in the navy competition ?

180 for 80 places

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gazo66

How acurate is that 180 for 80 places I was told 120 for 80, but I don't no how acurate that us either

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

no one knows at this stage id say i was told 120 aswell but taught i got it wrong

Yea I no no one really nos anythin like it's the waiting that I hates I'd just rather no instead of waiting around like have you done your medical already

I asked the recruitment officer when I was doing my medical, so Id say its accurate enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 dobo1

Gazo66 wrote: »
    Yea I no no one really nos anythin like it's the waiting that I hates I'd just rather no instead of waiting around like have you done your medical already

no i have my medical in sept but have a few friends that has done theres, everyone just wants to know at this stage.i applied for the army and navy reserves,i got the army reserves,and i was told i should hear friday or early next week for navy reserves

That's good ain't it at least you got somethin no matter way happens, did you do a medical for reserves aswel, is the army or navy your first choice, where are you based

That's good ain't it at least you got somethin no matter way happens, did you do a medical for reserves aswel, is the army or navy your first choice, where are you based

ya had to do a medical for them aswell,the army one was totally different to the navy medical,and i was told by the navy doc that the medical for the navy reserves is the same for the permanent this was the first year. oh navy all the way i was on the water before i could even walk ha ha,but i will take what i am givin in this day and age cant be too picky. im based in cork what about yourself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

Has anyone recently got an email for a medical?
    Still haven't heard

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

I still haven't received a date for a medical but the email I posted earlier in the thread indicates that they probably behind in getting people in.

I'd be hopeful to get a date in August an hopefully get into the October intake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

killer91 wrote: »
    I still haven't received a date for a medical but the email I posted earlier in the thread indicates that they probably behind in getting people in.

I'd be hopeful to get a date in August an hopefully get into the October intake.
    I got the same email back off them
    Took about 3/4 weeks to get a reply
    Hopefully it's just a back log

Kaka92 wrote: »
    I got the same email back off them
    Took about 3/4 weeks to get a reply
    Hopefully it's just a back log

Ye same here. I'd say it is because they have the reserves, cadets and both the army and navy recruits to get through.

I'd love to get a date soon before I havto pay any fees for college.

If you pass your medical, does this mean your in or can ya still not get it if you pass your medical ??

I'm pretty sure if you pass the medical and Garda vetting, that you'll be getting in.

Ya no like all these lads saying there's 180 left in competition for only 80 places smear happens to the other 100 I no not all will pass med's but that would still leave a good few out after the 80 are taken on that's the way I would look at anyway

The day of the brief they said those who are not taken in the 80 will be taken in next year if they've passed the medical they go on like a waiting list for drop outs as well

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Lads anyone hear back about bloods and urine for army yet.

i got the navy reserves got my email last night starting induction on the 16th of aug,so id say it wont be to long before they start telling people about PDF

Fair play lad well done, so how much notice was that you got 2 weeks

Fair play lad well done, so how much notice was that you got 2 weeks

thanks bud i got 3 weeks notice,so they should be giving out results of pdf soon if they are starting to move on giving out offers,thats what i am thinking.

• Advertisement

I haven even done me med yet I only giving down tue morning ta give it a lash, I prob won't hear for fecking ages after it, I hates the waiting I do

I haven even done me med yet I only giving down tue morning ta give it a lash, I prob won't hear for fecking ages after it, I hates the waiting I do

well i have my medical on the 2nd of sept for the permanent navy so the reserves will keep me busy.didnt you apply for reserves at all ?

the waiting is a killer but if you dont hear anything back i think that is a good sign.where are you based ?

Yea I sopose wexford I'm from wat yourself

im from cork

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kcdc13

I havent heard anything bout a medical yet fot the pdf, but got email there few days ago daying theyre waiting on available dates so i wouldnt worry yet! :)

good luck on your medical tues.just incase i dont hear from you between now and tues ok

Alright lads, just got an email with my medical date for next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 vivalaquinta

Is this for the army in Dublin?

• Advertisement

well done lad best of luck

Advertisement