Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

dobo1 wrote: »
    well done lad best of luck

Cheers man.

Yes its for Dublin, and I did my retests in the afternoon in the curragh in June

The only thing I'm worried about is that I'm heading to a gig on Sunday and I'm worried about the hearing test.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dobo1

killer91 wrote: »
    Cheers man.

Yes its for Dublin, and I did my retests in the afternoon in the curragh in June

The only thing I'm worried about is that I'm heading to a gig on Sunday and I'm worried about the hearing test.

if it was me i would put in ear plugs you can get them in the chemist for about 2 euro and you will still hear the gig.i use them all the time when im out shooting,you have to protect your hearing you wouldnt want a gig to destroy your chance at a great future.

dobo1 wrote: »
    if it was me i would put in ear plugs you can get them in the chemist for about 2 euro and you will still hear the gig.i use them all the time when im out shooting,you have to protect your hearing you wouldnt want a gig to destroy your chance at a great future.

Thanks for the idea. Ye it would be pretty silly to miss out just for a gig.

I wonder if all goes well would I be in with a chance for the 1st platoon

Thanks for the idea. Ye it would be pretty silly to miss out just for a gig.

I wonder if all goes well would I be in with a chance for the 1st platoon

no prob ya it sure would be silly ...i dont think anyone knows what platoon they are going into at this stage.but would it matter once you get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

In all seriousness, skip the gig. A lot of the tones in the hearing test are very subtle. Ear plugs will mitigate against some of the noise trauma, but not all of it, and it's a very small price to pay for confidence in passing, when it comes down to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 kcdc13

Is the garda vetting stuff done with inall yeah? And is there any one else still waiting on a email? Im still waiting for a medical for the army in dublin.. checking my email every day just incase if i get one with short notice cause ive a good spin to dublin

I think I'll give it a miss, don't want ruin this opportunity when I'm.so close to getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

Just got my date for medical next Wednesday

I think I'll give it a miss, don't want ruin this opportunity when I'm.so close to getting in.

thats prob the best option,and their will be plenty of more gigs to go to when your medical is over and done with :)

Kaka92 wrote: »
    Just got my date for medical next Wednesday

well done lad best of luck

• Advertisement

Has anyone being offered a place yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Irishboy!

Anyone from Curragh had there medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

I done my medical on the 17th and I was told we were in first platoon so not sure wat the cut off date of the medicals is for the first platoon,

No one has been offered place yet either kaka I say it will be two weeks before the date we go in, I'm still waiting on bloods to come back it will be 10 days on Thursday so if I don't hear back I'll take it as good news cause when it comes to blood tests no news is good news

Axelf0128 wrote: »
    I done my medical on the 17th and I was told we were in first platoon so not sure wat the cut off date of the medicals is for the first platoon,

No one has been offered place yet either kaka I say it will be two weeks before the date we go in, I'm still waiting on bloods to come back it will be 10 days on Thursday so if I don't hear back I'll take it as good news cause when it comes to blood tests no news is good news

Was this in the curragh?

Okay my medical isn't until the 6th of august so I doubt I'll be first platoon really cause I'll have to wait for bloods as we'll to come
    Yeah exactly you will just be waiting to get your place really
    Better start training soon haha

Is your medical in the curragh?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

Got my place this morning gents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 seamus132

lads any idea how long the medical takes ? just need to plan transport and that. thanks

Gorman700 wrote: »

Well done!!

Congrats man.

• Advertisement

Fair play man when was your medical wats the start date

Fair play man when was your medical wats the start date

congrats to all of ye best of luck in future and be safe

Irishboy! wrote: »
    Is your medical in the curragh?

No medical in brickins hospital

Gazo66 wrote: »
    Fair play lad well done, so how much notice was that you got 2 weeks

my buddy got the navy tis morning im delighted for him,how did your med go today,roll on the 2nd of sept for my own.

For anybody who has done their medical, how did you get documentary evidence of getting all your immunizations done?

Is it your local health office or your old G.P?

For anybody who has done their medical, how did you get documentary evidence of getting all your immunizations done?

you can get on to your gp for records or the HSE will have them on record, dont worry about it they check for all the immunizations in the blood tests, i could only get my last 3 and they were fine with what documents i had

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Didn't even ask to see mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Demons177

Hi bud, did you get your place in the navy or army? If army where are you based and when are you starting??

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gazo66

Medical pAssed just waiting on bloods to confirm, there was 6 at my medical 1 didn't turn up and 2 failed on colour blindness, thank god it's over well done to the lads who got offered places was it army or navy you got offered wat your start date

• Advertisement

Gazo66 wrote: »
    Medical pAssed just waiting on bloods to confirm, there was 6 at my medical 1 didn't turn up and 2 failed on colour blindness, thank god it's over well done to the lads who got offered places was it army or navy you got offered wat your start date

well done lad it just the sitting back and waiting now .............

Advertisement