Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Irishboy!

Does anyone know if the medicals have started in the Curragh yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

Does anyone know when the second platoon is going in?
    Is it September or October?
    For the lads that got there places where's your training?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rusty14

Has anyone heard back from the navy medicals that were held in early July.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dobo1

rusty14 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard back from the navy medicals that were held in early July.

my buddy done his medical on the 2nd of july and he was offered a place in the navy he starts 18th of aug.

dobo1 wrote: »
    my buddy done his medical on the 2nd of july and he was offered a place in the navy he starts 18th of aug.

When did he hear?

• Advertisement

When did he hear?

tuesday morning

When did he hear?

My mate did his medical the following week but heard nothing yet

My mate did his medical the following week but heard nothing yet

i dont have my own medical until 2nd of sept but i start the naval reserves on the 16th of this month,if you dont hear anything by next week give them a buzz

dobo1 wrote: »
    i dont have my own medical until 2nd of sept but i start the naval reserves on the 16th of this month,if you dont hear anything by next week give them a buzz

Is that medical for the navy? Why are they taking so long to get through them I wonder

Is that medical for the navy? Why are they taking so long to get through them I wonder

ya medical for the navy but i think that is for the oct in take. i was told that the med for the navy reserve and permanent navy is the same this year,so i might just have to do bloods and urine,will have to wait and see.well the other day gazzo went for his medical and out of the 6 1didnt show up and 2 failed on colour blindness so god only know whats going on,they should inform people all at the same time i think,but the must have a good reason for doing it the way they are,the waiting is a nightmare

• Advertisement

best of luck to everyone thats still waiting to hear back on their offers for army and navy,i hope it will be tomorrow that ye will all find out.

Does anyone know where there training is?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Got my email today starting 18th that's for the army :) training is in Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 24 vivalaquinta

Axelf0128 wrote: »

Happy days..did u apply to Dublin?

Yea that one was for Dublin pal

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Congrats man, good luck with the training.

Of august or October ,

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

I know the guys training ya, my advice to you all who get dundalk... start running hard and doing push ups as much as you can, your in for 3 of the fittest guys in the army ;)

well done best of luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Also in Dundalk on the 18th, so see you there.

• Advertisement

Also in Dundalk on the 18th, so see you there.

any question you dundalk bunch have feel free to fire away or if its numerous question pm me

fergie199 wrote: »
    any question you dundalk bunch have feel free to fire away or if its numerous question pm me

What stuff should we bring with us man that will help us.

What stuff should we bring with us man that will help us.

The first week you prob wont get any army clothing altho they will try their best to get it asap! A few Iron's are handy, and a good wash kit with shaving gear, shower gel, flip flops, towels etc, think of ur first week as a week as a holiday, bring training such as shorts, t-shirts, socks, good running shoes, under armor under wear or cycle shorts to avoid friction burns. There are a few iron boards so your all good there, dont worry about bed stuff as you will get that, you can bring ur phone as you will most likely be allowed it for the first two weeks (Induction training) as its called.

As i said you most probably wont have your army kit until the 2nd week but you will still be practicing the marching etc so take suitable clothing for standing and marching around outside all day. Track suite will suffice, NO CRAZY CLOTHING! thats my pet hate and it will single ya out. Most wear a suit on the first day ie your interview suite which is entirely you to yourself which is fine as the first day is all paper work and sitting around, you wont be doing any physical training for the first couple of days.

Anything else ask away

Fair play man, fitness wise how much running etc can we expect obviously we will be doing a good bit but for
    Someone going in that isn't super fit

Fair play man, fitness wise how much running etc can we expect obviously we will be doing a good bit but for
    Someone going in that isn't super fit

In your first week you will do the real army fitness test just to see where your at, the fitness test will be similar to the one you did when applying but this test is the pdf annual fitness test which everyone must do every year which is graded, you will be aiming for a grade 1 as a recruit and when finished recruit training you will be able to achieve this no problem.

3.2K Run- 12.35
    Push-up-54
    Sit-up- 41

As i mentioned i know the guys training and trust me when i say, they love to run!
    Most likely you will start out doing a 3mile run with push ups and sit ups incorporated along the way, they will be looking to see how far ppl stray from the main pack DO NOT BE THAT PERSON!!! if you stick with the pack then you wont catch the instructors eye, do the opposite however then the eye will be on you an you will be seen as a (Heat Seeker), trust me, you dont wanna be those guys.

Like anything they have a program thats been tried and tested which build you up to longer runs, each time you go out the runs will get longer and faster but they wont be doing this in the first two weeks, they just want you to stick to what is considered a decent pace and distance, contrary to what people may think the army want to keep people and not get rid of them.

I suggest going out on a 3mile run 3-4 times a week and doing around 30 push and sit ups each time either at the start or end of your session

fergie199 wrote: »
    In your first week you will do the real army fitness test just to see where your at, the fitness test will be similar to the one you did when applying but this test is the pdf annual fitness test which everyone must do every year which is graded, you will be aiming for a grade 1 as a recruit and when finished recruit training you will be able to achieve this no problem.

3.2K Run- 12.35
    Push-up-54
    Sit-up- 41

As i mentioned i know the guys training and trust me when i say, they love to run!
    Most likely you will start out doing a 3mile run with push ups and sit ups incorporated along the way, they will be looking to see how far ppl stray from the main pack DO NOT BE THAT PERSON!!! if you stick with the pack then you wont catch the instructors eye, do the opposite however then the eye will be on you an you will be seen as a (Heat Seeker), trust me, you dont wanna be those guys.

Like anything they have a program thats been tried and tested which build you up to longer runs, each time you go out the runs will get longer and faster but they wont be doing this in the first two weeks, they just want you to stick to what is considered a decent pace and distance, contrary to what people may think the army want to keep people and not get rid of them.

I suggest going out on a 3mile run 3-4 times a week and doing around 30 push and sit ups each time either at the start or end of your session

See the way you said they don't wanna get rid of people so wat happens if your not up to scratch on the running etc and other stuff do they get rid of yea or ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gazoc90

Well fergie, as you know I applied for cork. Had my medical last week, passed pending bloods. Do you know the lads in cork that will be training recruits or what they are like? There was talks that it could be limerick for those that applied for cork too. Any idea on where it is?

See the way you said they don't wanna get rid of people so wat happens if your not up to scratch on the running etc and other stuff do they get rid of yea or ?

Like i said the physical training is a tested program set to train someone up that is poor to strong so it will work if you just stick at it, as for other ways to try an get rid of you they simply DO NOT EXIST! your doing a course and the army want to keep you, all the people that dont make either quit, get injured or get sent back to the next platoon in line and you start off where you left off

Gazoc90 wrote: »
    Well fergie, as you know I applied for cork. Had my medical last week, passed pending bloods. Do you know the lads in cork that will be training recruits or what they are like? There was talks that it could be limerick for those that applied for cork too. Any idea on where it is?

i know guys all over the country but have not spoken to the guys in cork in a while but rest assured they will all be grade 1's in the annual fitness tests but like i also said the fitness program for recruits is the same throughout the whole defense forces so no one will be at a disadvantage providing you all keep training until your first day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 jmurt90

Failed my medical appeal today for the navy, im gutted but wish everyone the best in army and navy training

Advertisement