Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dobo1

jmurt90 wrote: »
    Failed my medical appeal today for the navy, im gutted but wish everyone the best in army and navy training

sorry to hear that bud.can you apply again

• Registered Users Posts: 24 vivalaquinta

Failed my medical appeal today for the navy, im gutted but wish everyone the best in army and navy training

What did u fail on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jmurt90

Said i was a high risk of developing respiratory problems in the future. Was bull**** really im fit as a fiddle running 6k three times a week and no breating problems. Im 24 now so thats end of the army anyway dont think ill apply again will just fail me on the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dobo1

Said i was a high risk of developing respiratory problems in the future. Was bull**** really im fit as a fiddle running 6k three times a week and no breating problems. Im 24 now so thats end of the army anyway dont think ill apply again will just fail me on the same thing

im so sorry to hear that but how do they know that you are going to develop resp problems did they hear something in the lungs when they were checking you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

So just back from a jog their done 4.5km in 20.32. Not sure if that's a good or bad can anyone help me out haha, would that be good enough for a basic fitness for training starting ioff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Duffer96

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one still waiting on a date for the medical it's been a month now it's beyond a joke I was in the curragh on the 24th 1:30 as a dual candidate anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mwcat

Believe me , you're not the only one

The navy emailed me a month ago telling me the army will be doing my medical so be patient and wait and if I'm successful then I meet with the navy medical officer? When is the deadline for people to get medical dates anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kcdc13

Duffer96 wrote: »
    Someone please tell me I'm not the only one still waiting on a date for the medical it's been a month now it's beyond a joke I was in the curragh on the 24th 1:30 as a dual candidate anyone else?
    Im waiting for a medical aswell

Actually just got an email there with a date for medical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 vivalaquinta

kcdc13 wrote: »

Nice one mate.

What date and where is it? I'm still waiting haven't heard anything just said there very busy and be patient..I'm waiting on email for Dublin army

Nice one mate.

What date and where is it? I'm still waiting haven't heard anything just said there very busy and be patient..I'm waiting on email for Dublin army

Sound, the 13th of this month up in st bricins military hostipal.. i was waiting ages aswell and got that email too.. im going for Dublin army too

Happy days is that for navy or army and were you a dual candidate?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

i got my medical date on the 4th of july for the 2nd of sept for the navy so a very long wait......

Duffer96 wrote: »
    Happy days is that for navy or army and were you a dual candidate?

Nope its just for the army

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gazoc90

I got accepted into the army. I applied for cork and start in cork the 18th of August with training commencing in Kilkenny.

Gazoc90 wrote: »
    I got accepted into the army. I applied for cork and start in cork the 18th of August with training commencing in Kilkenny.

congrats best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

Does anyone no if dublin will have vacancies after our training?
    I no donegal doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Anyone got offered their place and accepted did yous get a follow up email yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Gerry I

Got an email today tellin me to be in Collins barracks cork the 18 August at 8 am. There 60 people but only 40 positions. Can any 1 tell me What that's about. I'm Dual candidate and done my medical in navy base. Still dunno we're I stand. Did any 1 else get this? ???

• Advertisement

I only got 1 email. Dunno if it's a place or What. What did your email say? ?

Gerry I wrote: »
    Got an email today tellin me to be in Collins barracks cork the 18 August at 8 am. There 60 people but only 40 positions. Can any 1 tell me What that's about. I'm Dual candidate and done my medical in navy base. Still dunno we're I stand. Did any 1 else get this? ???

I got an email to be at Collins the same day but at 10am. I was offered a place and had to reply to accept or decline.

I got an email to be at Collins the same day but at 10am. I was offered a place and had to reply to accept or decline.

My head is wrecked over this Now I still dunno What going on is it another fitness test or What. But I don't no why like

My head is wrecked over this Now I still dunno What going on is it another fitness test or What. But I don't no why like

Gerry I wrote: »

I'm not sure pal. Maybe give them a buzz tomorrow. I know I'm in at 10 for induction day anyway. Whatever it is for you, the best of luck with it.

I'm not sure pal. Maybe give them a buzz tomorrow. I know I'm in at 10 for induction day anyway. Whatever it is for you, the best of luck with it.

Thanks a lot. Best of luck to you lad

Thanks a lot. Best of luck to you lad

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pokerface92

I just have some questions

1.For anyone who has passed the medical are they assured they will be recruited this year?
    2.Is there any chance they could get placed on the panel have t wait til they recruit in 2015 and therefore have to resit their medical?
    3.Its just there is a lot it seems going for medical and a lot after passing anyone know how many went for medical and passed exactly?
    4.Can u ring to find out where you are in the list once you've passed your medical?

I just have some questions

1.For anyone who has passed the medical are they assured they will be recruited this year?
    2.Is there any chance they could get placed on the panel have t wait til they recruit in 2015 and therefore have to resit their medical?
    3.Its just there is a lot it seems going for medical and a lot after passing anyone know how many went for medical and passed exactly?
    4.Can u ring to find out where you are in the list once you've passed your medical?

i would just give man power a ring and ask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

The sergeant I was talking to on the day of my medical said that if you passed your medical that your nearly guaranteed getting in this year.

I did my medical on last Tuesday and he said that for the first platoon for Dundalk was full and there was 35 for the South.

He also said there will definitely be at least 15 dropping out of each platoon so that's why they have in invited more than they need to the medicals.

Also there is quite a few failing on colourblindnesss and the hearing test.

Advertisement