Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

Anyone know when we're likely to hear back after the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

I asked at the end of the interview.

They didn't know for 100% but they said if we are successful we should hear back within 3-4 weeks for a medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Irishboy!

killer91 wrote: »
    I asked at the end of the interview.

They didn't know for 100% but they said if we are successful we should hear back within 3-4 weeks for a medical.

Are people sure the medical is next? iv heard it was another psychometric test??

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Irishboy! wrote: »
    Are people sure the medical is next? iv heard it was another psychometric test??

Usually it's the medical after interview but don't think anyone knows what's happening I'm sure we will know in next weeks anyway :), and usually recruit training starts at end of October but it's starting mid august this year

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

the first batches are to begin training at the start of november i know this for a fact

• Advertisement

fergie199 wrote: »
    the first batches are to begin training at the start of november i know this for a fact

How do you know this bud ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Axelf0128 wrote: »
    How do you know this bud ?

How about both of you give your sources?

Axelf0128 wrote: »
    How do you know this bud ?[/QUOTE

Because im in the job

November is late enough,

I say we will be waiting a while yet :(

Irishboy! wrote: »
    November is late enough,

I say we will be waiting a while yet :(

unfortunately so but November isn't that far off, gives ppl plenty of time to train

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

fergie199 wrote: »
    unfortunately so but November isn't that far off, gives ppl plenty of time to train

Is the next stage the medical? What's the story on the follow up aptitude test?

Ah grand I was told august nice one for letting me know

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grevdawn

why does training start in november and not sooner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 limk2014

Has anyone got any word back from the navy yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

limk2014 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any word back from the navy yet?

Did my interview over 2 weeks ago, no word yet. Have heard the first class is in August, not sure if that's accurate. Just a waiting game now.

Gorman700 wrote: »
    Did my interview over 2 weeks ago, no word yet. Have heard the first class is in August, not sure if that's accurate. Just a waiting game now.

Ya I heard that as well. I think we are supposed to hear back this week but it's only early Monday yet so just have to keep waiting

Are there still interviews going on, or are they all finished?

Packoman wrote: »
    Are there still interviews going on, or are they all finished?

I had my interview on the 23rd in Brugha and was told that there was another week of interviews.

There was sessions in the morning and the afternoon for the first week but I dunno about the second week.

Has anybody heard anything about a start date or even the month they hope to start the training?

I had my interview on the 23rd in Brugha and was told that there was another week of interviews.

There was sessions in the morning and the afternoon for the first week but I dunno about the second week.

Has anybody heard anything about a start date or even the month they hope to start the training?

Iv heard end of August, whether that is true or not i dont know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Does anybody know if the scores from the pyschometric testing and interview are added together to give a final ranking (pardon the pun) or is the interview the only thing that determines a candidate's place?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Anyone hear back yet ?

Nope, I've heard nothing yet.

Still nothing

Same, naval service candidates are meant to be doing verification aptitude tests in the curragh within the next 2 weeks. Surely we'll know this week!

Hi guys, I just received this email.

I wish to refer to your application for General Service Recruitment and to request your attendance for Stage 4 of the competition: Realistic Job Preview and Psychometric Verification Testing. This part of the process will take place in the Curragh Camp. Candidates will NOT require suits/formal wear for this stage of the competition.

Venue: Military College, The Curragh Camp, Co Kildare.

Candidates should report to the Parking area, which will be clearly signposted, from where they will be directed to the reception area in the Military College (this will be well signposted from the entrance into the camp).

Date: June 2014 Time: 13.30

When reporting for Stage 4 you should bring the following with you:

a. Photographic identity card (e.g. Passport or Driving Licence).

b. A copy of this email.

Failure to bring any of the above mentioned documents may result in you being removed from the competition.

You will be finished Stage 4 at approximately 16.30p.m. the same day.

Yours sincerely,

Manpower Office
    2 Bde
    Cathal Brugha Bks
    Rathmines
    Dublin 6

So it looks like we're doing the testing before the medical.

I'm curious to know what the "Realistic Job Preview" entails.

Any body else receive anything yet?

Hi guys, I just received this email.

I wish to refer to your application for General Service Recruitment and to request your attendance for Stage 4 of the competition: Realistic Job Preview and Psychometric Verification Testing. This part of the process will take place in the Curragh Camp. Candidates will NOT require suits/formal wear for this stage of the competition.

Venue: Military College, The Curragh Camp, Co Kildare.

Candidates should report to the Parking area, which will be clearly signposted, from where they will be directed to the reception area in the Military College (this will be well signposted from the entrance into the camp).

Date: June 2014 Time: 13.30

When reporting for Stage 4 you should bring the following with you:

a. Photographic identity card (e.g. Passport or Driving Licence).

b. A copy of this email.

Failure to bring any of the above mentioned documents may result in you being removed from the competition.

You will be finished Stage 4 at approximately 16.30p.m. the same day.

Yours sincerely,

Manpower Office
    2 Bde
    Cathal Brugha Bks
    Rathmines
    Dublin 6

So it looks like we're doing the testing before the medical.

I'm curious to know what the "Realistic Job Preview" entails.

Any body else receive anything yet?

Well done fella, best of luck with it. Waiting on word from the navy myself.

Got the email, I am delighted hope all goes well now in the next stage, anyone know wat realistic job preview means ? Is this the medical as well maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mwcat

I got that email too, if we pass the medical and the psychometric test are we in or is there another interview ?

mwcat wrote: »
    I got that email too, if we pass the medical and the psychometric test are we in or is there another interview ?

No theirs usually only one interview but can't be sure, usually after interview it's medical then if that's ok your in but this realistic job preview bit in email is making me think wat is it ?

• Advertisement

Where did ye apply to?

Advertisement