Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BabyScobeMate

Any lad who got the e-mail saying do you accept or decline get a email back after replying??

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Gerry I

Did any dual candidates have to do 2 medical s. I done medical at navy base and it seems I have to do another 1 now In Collins barracks on 18th. Any help on this lads

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gazoc90

Any lad who got the e-mail saying do you accept or decline get a email back after replying??

I accepted Wednesday night and got no reply as of yet.

Gazoc90 wrote: »
    I accepted Wednesday night and got no reply as of yet.

Ya same as myself waiting for the next email now

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

No haven't heard anything back since I accepted have you ?

• Advertisement

Axelf0128 wrote: »
    No haven't heard anything back since I accepted have you ?

No reply I hope they got my acceptance email ha just rang the recruitment office he said that we should be getting a email in the next few working days on what to bring with us etc

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hammerfist

you will be sent an email monday or tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2 celtic2014bhoy

Hi folks got an email this week to say that I have my medical on Tuesday problem is I have no record of my immunisations. Has anyone any advice where to get them, how long it takes to get them or if it would be ok to forward then to the army medical officer at a later date.

Hi folks got an email this week to say that I have my medical on Tuesday problem is I have no record of my immunisations. Has anyone any advice where to get them, how long it takes to get them or if it would be ok to forward then to the army medical officer at a later date.

Hi I done medical In navy base. Didn't bring proof of blood group or immunization or did they ask me for them. I'd say you will be ok don't panic. Hope it's of help

Hi I done medical In navy base. Didn't bring proof of blood group or immunization or did they ask me for them. I'd say you will be ok don't panic. Hope it's of help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Gazo66

Yea same as that I didn't have them either and nobody asked me either don't be panic lad

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rusty14

Has anyone had an offer for the navy for definite? Medical done nearly 5 weeks now and nothing heard back good or bad,

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

killer91 wrote: »
    The sergeant I was talking to on the day of my medical said that if you passed your medical that your nearly guaranteed getting in this year.

I did my medical on last Tuesday and he said that for the first platoon for Dundalk was full and there was 35 for the South.

He also said there will definitely be at least 15 dropping out of each platoon so that's why they have in invited more than they need to the medicals.

Also there is quite a few failing on colourblindnesss and the hearing test.

35 for the south do you no where that is gone be based?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

rusty14 wrote: »
    Has anyone had an offer for the navy for definite? Medical done nearly 5 weeks now and nothing heard back good or bad,

my buddy done his medical for the navy on the 2nd of july and he got his email 2 weeks ago that he was starting on the 18th of july with the navy,and i have an other buddy that done his med a few weeks ago as well and he has heard nothing back same as yourself,i have my own med on the 2nd of sept for the medical for the navy.

18th of July lad is it or 18th august

Gazo66 wrote: »
    18th of July lad is it or 18th august

he is starting on the 18th of aug in the navy base

Ah yea October is next then still seems ta be good few of us left in it still all the same did your pal get any results email from his med's or was it just straight offer of place cause iv no idea how long I be waiting ta hear somethin ya no

Ah yea October is next then still seems ta be good few of us left in it still all the same did your pal get any results email from his med's or was it just straight offer of place cause iv no idea how long I be waiting ta hear somethin ya no

no results from the med just an email of offer from them,my other buddy still has not heard anything and he done his med a few weeks ago so he is the same as yourself.and probably a lot more people.even if the navy gave ye something to hold on to like an email saying ye are on a fall out list or could be possibly starting in oct,at least then you could do something with that then.

im starting in the navy reserves on sat the 16th of this month and then the med on the 2nd of sept for permanent.

Yea that's the worst part alright, ah that's good ain't it how many weeks is the training in the reserves do ya get paid the same in reserves, I no some sort of email or somethin would be alright just ta no where ya are

Yea that's the worst part alright, ah that's good ain't it how many weeks is the training in the reserves do ya get paid the same in reserves, I no some sort of email or somethin would be alright just ta no where ya are

ya i get paid not sure how much yet.i start training this week and spend 1 night on the base week 1,22nd of aug full weekend in base ,29th full weekend in base,7th of sept 2 weeks training ,26th of sept range weekend ,3rd oct full weekend in base and passing out parade.so will be kept going until results of permanent comes in.

are you thinking of going to college? are your leaving cert results coming out wed or are you finished with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Kaka92 wrote: »
    35 for the south do you no where that is gone be based?

He said they will be training in Kilkenny.

I'd say they will have the 40 for the 18th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 vivalaquinta

Is anyone still waiting on a date for a medical for army? Been 3 weeks since they last emailed me..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rydugg

He said they will be training in Kilkenny.

I'd say they will have the 40 for the 18th of August.

I didn't get any word back since my medical. Does it mean I won't be training in Kilkenny If it's starting next week.

Rydugg wrote: »
    I didn't get any word back since my medical. Does it mean I won't be training in Kilkenny If it's starting next week.

You might get called up when some leave during the first 2 weeks.

If you don't get called up I'd say your probably going to be in the next platoon at the start of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rydugg

You might get called up when some leave during the first 2 weeks.

If you don't get called up I'd say your probably going to be in the next platoon at the start of October.

Would another medical or fitnes test have to be done ?? Heard off a few people that you must

Rydugg wrote: »
    Would another medical or fitnes test have to be done ?? Heard off a few people that you must

Duno why you would havto do another medical.

I think when your training starts, you do a fitness test to see where your fitness is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kcdc13

Is it just casual clothes for the medical yeah?

I just wore tracksuit bottoms and a t shirt and so did most of the other lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shice

I had my medical on the 24th of july still no word back a mate did his a week before me and he is starting next week the 18th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 hammerfist

No make sure to wear some sexy undies and your good to go lol

I think people shoukd calm down a bit, different brigades are well behind eachother and apparantky if u were being rejected you'd have been told already.

Keep the faith lads, believe and be positive.

I've donr my medical in Dublin already so if anyone has any questions they can pm me or whatever.

Regards.
    Hammerfist

Advertisement