Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shice

Grand puts me at ease.I'm sure My blood and urine where ok for the navy . Just looking forward to hearing back from them

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hammerfist

Shice wrote: »
    Grand puts me at ease.I'm sure My blood and urine where ok for the navy . Just looking forward to hearing back from them

It was roughly 3 and a half weeks before I heard anything

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

hammerfist wrote: »
    No make sure to wear some sexy undies and your good to go lol

I think people shoukd calm down a bit, different brigades are well behind eachother and apparantky if u were being rejected you'd have been told already.

Keep the faith lads, believe and be positive.

I've donr my medical in Dublin already so if anyone has any questions they can pm me or whatever.

Regards.
    Hammerfist

im in stitches its great to see someone putting a bit of humor into this. ha ha ha well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kcdc13

No make sure to wear some sexy undies and your good to go lol

I think people shoukd calm down a bit, different brigades are well behind eachother and apparantky if u were being rejected you'd have been told already.

Keep the faith lads, believe and be positive.

I've donr my medical in Dublin already so if anyone has any questions they can pm me or whatever.

Regards.
    Hammerfist

Well i am a girl soo great idea thanks haha only messing....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shaneod93

hey all, im delighted for those who are about to start this month and those who will in oct!! congrats ye did well :). Ive been put on the panel for 2015 and im fairly annoyed at it simply because I've no idea when it will be or even if it will go ahead. Anyone have any idea to the possible dates for 2015? As in would it be the end of 2015 or near the start? didn't they do something like a panel with the 2012 recruitment for 2013? any info would be gratefully appreciated :)

• Advertisement

shaneod93 wrote: »
    hey all, im delighted for those who are about to start this month and those who will in oct!! congrats ye did well :). Ive been put on the panel for 2015 and im fairly annoyed at it simply because I've no idea when it will be or even if it will go ahead. Anyone have any idea to the possible dates for 2015? As in would it be the end of 2015 or near the start? didn't they do something like a panel with the 2012 recruitment for 2013? any info would be gratefully appreciated :)

i was put on the panel for 2015 for the army but do not a clue even if it will go ahead it said on my email it all depends on the vacancies that may arise in 2015 subject to government approval.my cousin got the same email.

DOB01 wrote: »
    i was put on the panel for 2015 for the army but do not a clue even if it will go ahead it said on my email it all depends on the vacancies that may arise in 2015 subject to government approval.my cousin got the same email.

yea its very annoying, i am just wondering because of looking for a job until then, especially when i had my heart set on it :)

yea its very annoying, i am just wondering because of looking for a job until then, especially when i had my heart set on it :)

i think it all depends on if their is people that could not finish off the training and when they have gone through the extra people i think then they will start to pull from the 2015 group,and then it depends how far up the list you are my cousins friend told him that he is in the army.
    so i wouldnt put yourself on hold and when they do contact you can still do the medical ect.

i was a dual candidate but i got lucky to get a medical date for the navy,but my cousin has just settled back into his job he had his heart set on it like yourself and was disgusted and very off for a while after ,but please god luck will be on yere sides to get a call to progress to the next stage.

i think it all depends on if their is people that could not finish off the training and when they have gone through the extra people i think then they will start to pull from the 2015 group,and then it depends how far up the list you are my cousins friend told him that he is in the army.
    so i wouldnt put yourself on hold and when they do contact you can still do the medical ect.

i was a dual candidate but i got lucky to get a medical date for the navy,but my cousin has just settled back into his job he had his heart set on it like yourself and was disgusted and very off for a while after ,but please god luck will be on yere sides to get a call to progress to the next stage.

yea true that! well ive a few job interviews coming up for full time work so fingers crossed, but ill be basically be waiting for that email :P congrats to yourself though on getting the medical! anyway of finding out where abouts on the panel i am and how many are actually on the panel?

yea true that! well ive a few job interviews coming up for full time work so fingers crossed, but ill be basically be waiting for that email :P congrats to yourself though on getting the medical! anyway of finding out where abouts on the panel i am and how many are actually on the panel?

good luck with the interviews and make sure to pad out the cv with the email remember you passed the defence forces interview so that looks good,it was my cousins friend that told him where he was on the panel unless you know someone in their that could ask for you.or you could give them a buzz but if it was me i would leave it until they contacted you.but best of luck and chin up ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Anyone get an email yet about wat to bring ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gazoc90

Axelf0128 wrote: »
    Anyone get an email yet about wat to bring ?

Nope, nothing yet. Hope we get it soon. Mammy will be going shopping around Thursday evening!haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shice

A pal in the navy go his 2 weeks ago. My other mate got an email saying the army is pushed back to the 25 for 1st platoon

Shice wrote: »
    A pal in the navy go his 2 weeks ago. My other mate got an email saying the army is pushed back to the 25 for 1st platoon

Army for where?

Got my email their with wat to bring and the details of the day we get their also start date changed to the 25th

Got my email their with wat to bring and the details of the day we get their also start date changed to the 25th

Same as that but start date is different. Best of luck pal. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

Anyone get a phone call today off the army?
    I was told they will be ringing on private number and I missed a call off private so not too sure

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hammerfist

Ring them up there in manpower for peace of mind I'd say mate cause there has been changes to people's inductions etc

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

Ring them up there in manpower for peace of mind I'd say mate cause there has been changes to people's inductions etc
    I'm just in work got another missed call so maybe they would have left a message?

Anyone that's going in for induction. Are yous just bring wat they gave you to bring or are yeas bring your own stuff ? Stuff like baby whips etc.

If anyone on here would be nice enough to write up a list of things that I should bring would be helpful thanks

• Advertisement

Anyone that's going in for induction. Are yous just bring wat they gave you to bring or are yeas bring your own stuff ? Stuff like baby whips etc.

If anyone on here would be nice enough to write up a list of things that I should bring would be helpful thanks

just go through your full day and make a list of what you use

shower gels,shampoo/cond,razors,shaving foam/gel,floss,earbuds,toothpaste/brush,mouthwash,nail clippers, towels,deo/roll on,comb.
    iron,for clothes washing tabs, phone charger,
    and then all your normal clothes plenty of socks and underwear.plus the list you were given

i hope this will help

• Registered Users Posts: 4 opMetro

Is that the 25th of this month or September?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

This month.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 vivalaquinta

I got email today sayin please be patient about upcoming medical.. I got one similar to that few weeks ago as well..anyone else on the same boat?

just go through your full day and make a list of what you use

shower gels,shampoo/cond,razors,shaving foam/gel,floss,earbuds,toothpaste/brush,mouthwash,nail clippers, towels,deo/roll on,comb.
    iron,for clothes washing tabs, phone charger,
    and then all your normal clothes plenty of socks and underwear.plus the list you were given

i hope this will help

That's great help man, iron ? Do you not get one in their ? And see shampoo toothpaste shower gels etc like how much would I have to bring ? Like will we be allowed out to get more or wat way does it work

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pokerface92

I got email today sayin please be patient about upcoming medical.. I got one similar to that few weeks ago as well..anyone else on the same boat?

When were u meant to do your medical? Is this army or navy?

That's great help man, iron ? Do you not get one in their ? And see shampoo toothpaste shower gels etc like how much would I have to bring ? Like will we be allowed out to get more or wat way does it work

i would go with about a week supply this will give you time to settle in,so 1 bottle of everything should do i would imagine,i would bring an iron just incase they are short in the base better to be safe than sorry.

after a week you should be settled in and then you will have all the info on buying more stuff.

hope this helps

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

buy a shampoo and shower gel combination, one decent sized bottle of it. makes for quicker showers plus less to pack. micro fibre towels dry quickly and are quite cheap to buy in pennys or dunnes or tesco plus they pack up really small. bring a small one for shaving etc and possibly two big ones (but one should suffice). Ensure to put all cleaning gels etc in a plastic bag in case one of them opens in transit and f**ks up all of your clothes.

you need one medium size toothpaste tube and a toothbrush and enough razors to shave daily (i buy gellette sensor excel and get more than one shave out of each blade!)

dont forget the flipflops!!!!!!!!

Also keep a microfibre cloth or two to add to your cleaning kit for the rifle. can be used to wipe the heavy muck etc off it and to clean the lenses.

and no, accommodation is incredibly minimal, you wont get an iron! one or two per billet / one per room is plenty so double up if you can contact anyone else. if you have no ironing board you can place a towel flat on the floor and iron your uniform on that.

For induction day, it says you can bring your parents/guardians. What should we wear for that day? Suit? Jeans and shirt?

• Advertisement

It says on my letter to wear suit or be neat dress shirt and slacks, me well I'm gonna wear a suit haha

Advertisement