Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gazoc90

Axelf0128 wrote: »
    It says on my letter to wear suit or be neat dress shirt and slacks, me well I'm gonna wear a suit haha

Doesn't say on mine to wear a suit at all!?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

On the attachment where it lists wat you will be doing n all that day it's about point 8 on my list they sent, neat dress and neat haircut

On the attachment where it lists wat you will be doing n all that day it's about point 8 on my list they sent, neat dress and neat haircut
    I only got an attachment about what I need to bring with me. What does yours say your doing on the day? Can you PM it to me.

It won't let me Send a picture in mail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 vivalaquinta

When were u meant to do your medical? Is this army or navy?

St bricins for the army

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Just got an email to say I have induction next Monday in Cathal Brugha.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

cathalmonk wrote: »

well done best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

Deadly, when did you do your medical?

Kaka92 wrote: »
    Deadly, when did you do your medical?

17th of July I think it was.

17th of July I think it was.

And when you starting your training? Is your training in cathal burgha too?

• Advertisement

And when you starting your training? Is your training in cathal burgha too?

It doesn't say but I assume so. Said they would send a second email next week

It doesn't say but I assume so. Said they would send a second email next week
    So when's your start date?
    Fingers crossed I get cathal brugha it would be ideal

So when's your start date?
    Fingers crossed I get cathal brugha it would be ideal

Induction is Monday 25th

Induction is Monday 25th

Best of luck
    Hopefully I get that group myself

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shice

I called manpower they said they're just waiting on my garda vetting and cant give a time frame

Shice wrote: »
    I called manpower they said they're just waiting on my garda vetting and cant give a time frame

When did you do your Garda vetting?

At the interview months ago I lived in England for awhile maybe that's the hold up

• Registered Users Posts: 4 opMetro

What did you say to them when you rang

they just said please be patient and check your email we don't have a time frame as its up the garda

Quick question for anyone that is in the army, I've completed 2 years of an accounting level 8 degree my college said they would give me an exit degree meaning I will get my degree for the 2 years I completed and then can go back into finishing my other 2 years later on. I was wondering when I finish my training can I go back to college while I'm in the army or does anyone know how it works ?

• Advertisement

Anyone know what to expect with recruit training in Kilkenny starting next week? Regarding the fitness side of things really.

Induction is Monday 25th

Are you going for permanent defences forces yeah?

Are you going for permanent defences forces yeah?

I am Yeh. If I'm in for induction is that also the start date for training? Slightly confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rydugg

Anyone still waiting for a place ? Did my medical in cork on the 30th July and still nothing. Dunno what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Gazoc90 wrote: »
    Anyone know what to expect with recruit training in Kilkenny starting next week? Regarding the fitness side of things really.

Constant training basically. You will have PT sessions everyday but add to that the extra you will do as punishment. Mostly running with circuits thrown in and your military orientated physical training with a bit of orienteering in the mix too.

It's all to build you up to carry big weight over rough terrain for an extended period of time, and still be able to do your job when you get there.

Constant training basically. You will have PT sessions everyday but add to that the extra you will do as punishment. Mostly running with circuits thrown in and your military orientated physical training with a bit of orienteering in the mix too.

It's all to build you up to carry big weight over rough terrain for an extended period of time, and still be able to do your job when you get there.

Cheers for the reply. Is there a fitness test again at the start or the end?

Gazoc90 wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply. Is there a fitness test again at the start or the end?

We done a fitness test every 4 weeks. You'll do one the first week for the staff to see your level. You'll do one near the end of recruit training, we done one in 2-3* training too. You will be well able for the test, it's basic compared to what you will be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 opMetro

Rydugg wrote: »
    Anyone still waiting for a place ? Did my medical in cork on the 30th July and still nothing. Dunno what's going on

Yea i did mine the 30th in cork as well still no word

Anyone know how much exactly we get paid during training

• Advertisement

Anyone know how much exactly we get paid during training

Recruits come out around €170 a week. That's your food and board covered.

Advertisement