Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

Recruits come out around €170 a week. That's your food and board covered.

Thought it was €350 a week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Kaka92 wrote: »
    Thought it was €350 a week

Not for a recruit.

A 3* on the new contracts and in MSA 1 pay will lift €425 before any deductions. More depending on your marriage/kids situation. Note that your pay increases after 3 years as you move to MSA 2. Then 5 years it increases again afaik. At the minute I take home €351. That's after whatever I've put into my savings too.

Once you take out prsi, USC and other deductions it is reduced a good bit. Your looking approx 18-19000 annual, minus duty pay, subs and overseas. Mind you, since the duty is standard duty allowance you will only be €20 better off after tax for a 24hr duty, for myself and others in my unit that's spent on petrol getting to work!

3* straight out of training will clear around €290, usually this is because it takes awhile for you're living in costs to be sorted if you get a living out pass. You pay €43 p/w for food and board.

Recruits pay is actually not too bad considering your opportunity to spend it on a day to day basis is basically zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shaneod93

Anyone know if I emailed manpower, would they tell me what number I am on the panel for 2015?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gazoc90

Best of luck to everyone starting tomorrow. To the lads going to cork in the morning, il see ye there! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 woodzychris

Does anybody know if you have to bring specific colour t-shirts?.it doesnt say what colour to bring on the list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

I wouldn't say the colour would matter cause their civilian clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 woodzychris

Axelf0128 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say the colour would matter cause their civilian clothes.

I think it will matter because everyone is supposed to be the same..hopefully it doesn't matter though..I'm bringing plain black anyway can't go wrong with that I hope lol

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

I think it will matter because everyone is supposed to be the same..hopefully it doesn't matter though..I'm bringing plain black anyway can't go wrong with that I hope lol

Yea I know where your coming but if colour mattered I'm sure they would have said it on the email, they just said civilian clothes and sports gear, just gonna bring a few pairs grey bottoms and 7 t shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Axelf0128 wrote: »
    Yea I know where your coming but if colour mattered I'm sure they would have said it on the email, they just said civilian clothes and sports gear, just gonna bring a few pairs grey bottoms and 7 t shirts

On my email it says black training tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rydugg

Anyone not hear anything since the medical ? Still waiting on a place :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Gerry I

Rydugg wrote: »

When did you do your email and where Ya from

Gerry I wrote: »

Sorry medical not email ha :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

I did my medical on the 5th in Bricins.

The sergeant said we'd be in the platoon at the end of September unless we got called up for any dropouts in the 1st platoon.

Now this for the Eastern brigade, I don't know about anything in the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rydugg

I did my medical in cork on July 30th. I'm from Waterford

I did my medical in cork on July 30th. I'm from Waterford

I done medical last week in cork and I'm from Tipperary. I was told that I'd be more likely going to limerick the 8 September cause they try send you to closest place to you if they can so they won't have go threw paper work if you wanted to move after trainin. So I'd say your in line for limerick or cork lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pokerface92

I done medical last week in cork and I'm from Tipperary. I was told that I'd be more likely going to limerick the 8 September cause they try send you to closest place to you if they can so they won't have go threw paper work if you wanted to move after trainin. So I'd say your in line for limerick or cork lad.

When are Cork taking people in do you know?

When are Cork taking people in do you know?

I'm not quite sure been honest but I think end September start October.I no limerick is 8 September anyway.

Anyone else heard anything for dublin ? Pdf

Anyone else heard anything for dublin ? Pdf

Nope.

When did you do your medical?

• Advertisement

killer91 wrote: »
    Nope.

When did you do your medical?

The 6th but I had to go back and redo bloods

Well I did the medical on the 5th.

They told us that we wouldnt have the bloods back in time for the 1st platoon.

They also said we would be in the platoon that would be starting in the last week of September or first week of October.

Well I did the medical on the 5th.

They told us that we wouldnt have the bloods back in time for the 1st platoon.

They also said we would be in the platoon that would be starting in the last week of September or first week of October.

Did they say where?
    Just someone put up on this they got training in dublin on 25thcof august so tought that was weird

Did they say where?
    Just someone put up on this they got training in dublin on 25thcof august so tought that was weird

The first two platoons went into Dundalk on the 18th and Brugha on the 25th.

The next two are another into Brugha and one for Athlone.

The sergeant on the day of the medical told us they wanted to have us in for the last week of September but with vetting it will more than likely be the first week of October.

Did you get called back to redo the bloods or did you not get them done on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lorflower

Quick question which I know the answer is in back
    pages ......does fasting for the medical mean 'no food only'
    or 'no food and no liquids'
    Thanks

lorflower wrote: »
    Thanks

No food no coffee or tea. Just water

lorflower wrote: »
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Probably been answered numerous timed already but....if you pass the medical are you in. Thanks

The first two platoons went into Dundalk on the 18th and Brugha on the 25th.

The next two are another into Brugha and one for Athlone.

The sergeant on the day of the medical told us they wanted to have us in for the last week of September but with vetting it will more than likely be the first week of October.

Did you get called back to redo the bloods or did you not get them done on the day?

Fingers crossed I would love brugha
    So there's no donegal then was that just a rumour?

Supposedly a couple of people on that days bloods where off so they think something went wrong so we had to go back in and re do them.

Have you heard yet or you still waiting for a place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Gazoc90

Nothing at all. Water (a little bit) the night before but avoid everything the day of the medical

Advertisement