Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Well lads,

I just got the offer email there now.:)

Have to accept by Sunday night.

Absolutely over the moon.

I'll be heading to Athlone on the 20th of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

killer91 wrote: »
    Well lads,

WELL DONE LAD BEST OF LUCK

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Duffer96

Well lads,

Same with myself lad, ill see you there

Duffer96 wrote: »
    Same with myself lad, ill see you there

well done best of luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gazo66

Just got me offer there with a place in navy October 20th 10.00 clock :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 deane93

Got my offer for the army this morning starting the 20th in cork, best of luck to everyone still waiting for the call

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Anyone got any info on the 2015 panel?

Gazo66 wrote: »
    Just got me offer there with a place in navy October 20th 10.00 clock :):):)

well done bud

DOB01 wrote: »
    well done bud

Sound lad cheers any word on yourself

Sound lad cheers any word on yourself

nothing yet hoping that they are still sending them out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 rusty14

DOB01 wrote: »
    well done bud

oh ****.. I wonder does that mean all the places are given out. we still heard nothing good or bad.

well done !

I've been offered navy and army in the last 3 days both starting on the 20th of October it's one of the hardest decisions to make

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Talk to someone in each of the services or better yet, talk to someone who may have served in both services.

Ive two friends, one who who joined navy and disliked it so transferred to aircorps. Another who loved the navy and is still serving years later. You need to be prepared for the lifestyle of being at sea on a ship for long periods. If you are mentally prepped for that, that's half the battle.

Morpheus wrote: »
    Talk to someone in each of the services or better yet, talk to someone who may have served in both services.

Ive two friends, one who who joined navy and disliked it so transferred to aircorps. Another who loved the navy and is still serving years later. You need to be prepared for the lifestyle of being at sea on a ship for long periods. If you are mentally prepped for that, that's half the battle.

I picked the navy

I picked the navy

Best of luck.

It's a hard decision to make

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

Were any of you people that got accepted for the army on the panel due to start 2015?

micko4 wrote: »
    Were any of you people that got accepted for the army on the panel due to start 2015?

No I did my medical at the start of August.

Anybody who accepted their place, did you get a follow up email to confirm it?

Also did you get a list of the things you need to bring with you and a time for induction?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

Still haven't heard anything ..getting a bit fed up at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4 deane93

micko4 wrote: »

Yeah lad i was on the panel, i did my medical two weeks ago and i got my place in the army on friday

• Advertisement

Hey I accepted mine in Friday evening for the navy that is and it said I'd get an email following accepting it with list but no sign yet if I don't get it by wed I may give them a shout did you get yours, you army ir navy

Hey I accepted mine in Friday evening for the navy that is and it said I'd get an email following accepting it with list but no sign yet if I don't get it by wed I may give them a shout did you get yours, you army ir navy

I'm starting in the army.

Yes I'll give them a shout myself if I don't hear anything by Wednesday.

Anyone going to the navy on the 20th lads, in traveling from wexford anyone else heading from wex just wondering

Anyone going to Athlone on the 20th just got my place..Is there anyone else thats female get offered athlone?

I just got an email to say that instead of Athlone, I got changed to go to Finner camp in Donegal now.

I wonder why that happened.

Also I didn't get the kit list or a time for induction.

I just got an email to say that instead of Athlone, I got changed to go to Finner camp in Donegal now.

I wonder why that happened.

Also I didn't get the kit list or a time for induction.
    Oh I hope mine doesn't change..I wouldn't go to Donegal

This is what the email said:

Resulting from a re-alignment of training resourses, your induction into the Defence Forces and subsequent recruit training will now be conducted, on Monday 20th October in Finner Camp, Co. Donegal. Further details regarding same will be furnished to you subject to receipt of your acceptance email, as outlined above.

I'd say they are trying to keep any female recruits in the same platoon.

Its a bit of trek from Dublin alright.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

I've been offered navy and army in the last 3 days both starting on the 20th of October it's one of the hardest decisions to make

I had some time in both.

If the navy is a real passion of yours, go for it , but it is a totally different beast than the army , i really didnt like it.

Im sure it has changed a lot since i was there , but a 3 week patrol is a LONG time to a 17year old ,

Sea sickness long patrols cramped living spaces , 3 weeks on a ship is also a long time if you dont get on with some of the crew.

I have always been of the opinion they should take would be recruits on a 3 week patrol before signing them up rather than 6 months after.

masonchat wrote: »
    I had some time in both.

If the navy is a real passion of yours, go for it , but it is a totally different beast than the army , i really didnt like it.

Im sure it has changed a lot since i was there , but a 3 week patrol is a LONG time to a 17year old ,

Sea sickness long patrols cramped living spaces , 3 weeks on a ship is also a long time if you dont get on with some of the crew.

I have always been of the opinion they should take would be recruits on a 3 week patrol before signing them up rather than 6 months after.

I'm only 18 myself from Dublin and its very hard to decide I don't wanna to regret anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

I'm only 18 myself from Dublin and its very hard to decide I don't wanna to regret anything

I sure the time goes a lot quicker these days what with satelite tv and other stuff like mobile phones to stay intouch during training and so on and 17 year olds 20 years ago were = to 13 year olds today lol .

Some people will love the navy but more will not, would be my opinion its very hard to advise someone as i dont want anyone to make wrong decision,

Its a very hard decision you have to make , i would say navy can be very rewarding if you have the right temperment for it but torture if you dont , good luck what ever you decide wish i could be more help

Advertisement