Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Duffer96

masonchat wrote: »
    I sure the time goes a lot quicker these days what with satelite tv and other stuff like mobile phones to stay intouch during training and so on and 17 year olds 20 years ago were = to 13 year olds today lol .

Some people will love the navy but more will not, would be my opinion its very hard to advise someone as i dont want anyone to make wrong decision,

Its a very hard decision you have to make , i would say navy can be very rewarding if you have the right temperment for it but torture if you dont , good luck what ever you decide wish i could be more help

You've been good help but think I'm gonna go with army, navy would be great I'd love it but I want to keep my social life in Dublin to a certain extent

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Any new at all on the 2015 panel? . . come on someone surely got some news on when we will have our medicals

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Any new at all on the 2015 panel? . . come on someone surely got some news on when we will have our medicals

Same b

Kirm2 wrote: »
    Same b

same b?? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

In the same boat here. If anyone has any news please post here.

There's one post above from one lucky guy offered a place from the panel - anyone else called for medical??

• Advertisement

Kirm2 wrote: »
    In the same boat here. If anyone has any news please post here.

There's one post above from one lucky guy offered a place from the panel - anyone else called for medical??

ah right :) id say he was on the top of the list to replace someone who declined the offfer or failed the medical. Lucky is right cos i know 3 other lads from my area who are on this same panel, 1 has a college deree & the other has a masters and young lads only leaving school are chosen ahead of them for the first platoon so it has to be total pot luck, this recruitment will be going on exactly a year if they make us wait till next feb like i heard. Brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 vivalaquinta

I'm meant to be going to athlone on the 20th but from tyrone and finner would suit me better wonder would they swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rusty14

Duffer96 wrote: »
    You've been good help but think I'm gonna go with army, navy would be great I'd love it but I want to keep my social life in Dublin to a certain extent

did you accept the army or the navy

rusty14 wrote: »
    did you accept the army or the navy

Sorted it out dis morning and declined the navy so a spot just opened, I'm going army 20 October in donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kaka92

Is there any females going to athlone on the 20th of October here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 vivalaquinta

Can someone put the email up with the list of things ye need for first day? Iv lost mine..

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

I didn't receive mine yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 deane93

Is there anyone from waterford starting with the army on the 20th in cork?

This is the list I was given

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭raider848

anyone that was up in bricins last monday for ecg or hearing receive a email yet

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JoeSoap123

Quick question for folks here.

Simon Coveney announced today that there are 220 PDF recruits in training, and plans to have 180 new recruits in training by the end of the year. I'm not allowed to post a link here as I am a new user. If you google 'Defence Forces to recruit 180 new personnel and procure another naval vessel', the second link that comes up from the merrion street website contains Minister Coveney's actual statement.

My question is, now that there is going to be 400 recruits in training before the end of the year, is there still a recruitment panel for 2015?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 WicMan

This i would like to know too, i saw that article and wondered the same but the last email i sent to recruitment (before the budget) told me that recruitment was over for 2014 and that they would be recruiting in 2015 per government approval or something im thinking that that statement is that approval but also the article says "The Defence Forces have been given the go-ahead to recruit an additional 180 personnel by the end of the year." now is that referring to this year or next year??

Anyone at all starting in athlone on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Stevenbutcher

Kaka92 wrote: »

Ya I am

Kaka92 wrote: »

My induction got changed too donegal finner camp, anyone else the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Duffer96 wrote: »
    My induction got changed too donegal finner camp, anyone else the same

Yes I was changed from Athlone to Finner camp last week.

theyd wanta get the dates out for the medicals soon if the last round was anything to go by cos it takes ages for the blood results. Theres no way we will be called before the year is out, dont know why they feel the need ta get our hopes up

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ja1994

Has anyone on the panel heard anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grevdawn

ja1994 wrote: »

Nope nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

No and I just heard on facebook there accepting applications for recruitment..? Wonder what the story is

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fit fi

My son had his medical the 15th October and he got his email yesterday to tell him he's starting next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rusty14

where is he starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grevdawn

Fit fi wrote: »
    My son had his medical the 15th October and he got his email yesterday to tell him he's starting next Tuesday
    Was your son on the first or second panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fit fi

He had his interview last May and was told he was on a panel for 2015 for any vacancies that may arlise and then in October he was called for a medical on the 15th of October so last thurs he heard he got it and is starting the 4th of November which is technically today. He is starting in cork so he's delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Update for those waiting on 2015 panel.

My son got an e-mail asking if he was still interested in participating in induction for 2015 for the Dublin area. Closing date and time is Monday @ 2pm.

Of course, he replied 'yes'.

I'm just wondering if anybody else got this e-mail.

Advertisement