Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

mystic wrote: »
    Update for those waiting on 2015 panel.

My son got an e-mail asking if he was still interested in participating in induction for 2015 for the Dublin area. Closing date and time is Monday @ 2pm.

Of course, he replied 'yes'.

I'm just wondering if anybody else got this e-mail.

Yea my girlfriend got same one and replied yes.

anyone know any girls due to start on 2015 panel?

anyone that's doing it now are they letting you home at weekends or keeping you in for some?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fit fi

My son started 4th November so he's just into his 3rd week now, they didn't let him home the first weekend as they only started on a Tuesday but he got home the following weekend which is the one just gone and they're supposed to be coming home next weekend but who knows that can change anytime, but he loves it, training can be hard and will def get harder from now on but seems to be thriving on it, so far so good, there's about 6 or 7 girls up there as well, they're in cork, lucky for us as that's where we're from.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭M763

micko4 wrote: »
    Yea my girlfriend got same one and replied yes.

anyone know any girls due to start on 2015 panel?

anyone that's doing it now are they letting you home at weekends or keeping you in for some?

Has she heard back from them yet?

M763 wrote: »
    Has she heard back from them yet?

well just the email last week that was wondering if she was still available she said yes but I'd say it will be nearer January before she gets a date..at the earliest

micko4 wrote: »
    well just the email last week that was wondering if she was still available she said yes but I'd say it will be nearer January before she gets a date..at the earliest

Cheers man, I'm the same boat. They'll give us a medical date first anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 rusty14

did anyone hear anything lately? out of the blue my son in law got an email to say he didnt get the navy after doing the medical and being told he had passed everything??? is there a way to find out why he was refused

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

Got an email about the 2015 panel, asking if I still want to be considered for recruitment in 2015.

Good to hear something about it.

Packoman wrote: »
    Got an email about the 2015 panel, asking if I still want to be considered for recruitment in 2015.

Good to hear something about it.

Did they reply when you said yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

No, not heard anything back yet.

Got an email with a Garda vetting form. Anyone else get this?

• Advertisement

Yeah girlfriend got it too

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

I haven't heard anything since I got that 2015 panel email during the summer.
    Is there anyone there who can verify or give any information on if we will be called? I didn't get that Garda vetting email either.

Can anyone who got that recent email post a copy of it on here? Please & thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dan 1

Hi got the email from Cork asking if i was still interested for 2015, as for Garda vetting form didnt get that , but i think i filled one out and handed it in on the day of the interview. The people that got vetting email is it for Cork or Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dan 1

Further to your application to join the Defence Forces, we wish to notify you that you are currently on a panel of candidates. No more recruitment will take place in 2014. It is possible that the Minister may sanction recruitment during 2015.

If you wish to remain available to be called to participate further during 2015, please inform this office by email before 1630hrs on 18 December.

PLEASE NOTE THAT :This is NOT an offer of a job.

Manpower Office
    1 Southern Bde
    Collins Bks
    Cork
    Can anyone who got that recent email post a copy of it on here? Please & thanks

Did anybody who went through the curragh hear anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

My son got the same e-mail today with the Garda vetting form attached. He already filled out this form the day of the fitness test.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Krisd2014

Joining Instructions for 91st Cadet Class 2014

Dear Kris,

As you are aware, we are still in the process of our Recruitment for the Permanent Defence Forces and you are requested to fill out and complete the New Garda Vetting Form which is attached to this email.

Please take your time reading and completing the said form as errors or questions not answered corrctly will result in your Application been removed or unable to be processed by thr Gardai.

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NEED TO PRINT OFF BOTH SHEETS (FRONT & BACK) AND MAKE IT INTO 1 COMPLETE SHEET.

DO NOT STAPLE IT AS TWO SEPERATE SHEETS. THIS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

Please return these said forms NLT FRI 19TH DEC AT 1600HRS(4PM). You can post them in to the following address:

did anyone else get this email with the subject about joining the 91st cadet class, I didn't apply for cadets so it's a mistake on the email, did anyone else get it like that

Krisd2014 wrote: »
    Joining Instructions for 91st Cadet Class 2014

Dear Kris,

As you are aware, we are still in the process of our Recruitment for the Permanent Defence Forces and you are requested to fill out and complete the New Garda Vetting Form which is attached to this email.

Please take your time reading and completing the said form as errors or questions not answered corrctly will result in your Application been removed or unable to be processed by thr Gardai.

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NEED TO PRINT OFF BOTH SHEETS (FRONT & BACK) AND MAKE IT INTO 1 COMPLETE SHEET.

Please return these said forms NLT FRI 19TH DEC AT 1600HRS(4PM). You can post them in to the following address:

did anyone else get this email with the subject about joining the 91st cadet class, I didn't apply for cadets so it's a mistake on the email, did anyone else get it like that

Got the same one dude

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mossy2142

Feedback for army cadet competition 2012

Dear Colm,

I didnt apply for cadets in 2012 or at any time atal, so it must be a mistake. also can someone clarify what they mean by (PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NEED TO PRINT OFF BOTH SHEETS (FRONT & BACK) AND MAKE IT INTO 1 COMPLETE SHEET.

DO NOT STAPLE IT AS TWO SEPERATE SHEETS. THIS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.)

• Advertisement

Awh god this whole recruitment is a disaster.

Mossy2142 wrote: »
    Feedback for army cadet competition 2012

Dear Colm,

I didnt apply for cadets in 2012 or at any time atal, so it must be a mistake. also can someone clarify what they mean by (PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NEED TO PRINT OFF BOTH SHEETS (FRONT & BACK) AND MAKE IT INTO 1 COMPLETE SHEET.

DO NOT STAPLE IT AS TWO SEPERATE SHEETS. THIS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.)

There's two pages to the vetting form and you need to send it as one page. So you print the first page off and then print the second page off on the back of that

mystic wrote: »
    My son got the same e-mail today with the Garda vetting form attached. He already filled out this form the day of the fitness test.

I did too but if I'm sending it anyway.

I haven't heard anything since I got that 2015 panel email during the summer.
    Is there anyone there who can verify or give any information on if we will be called? I didn't get that Garda vetting email either.

Are you from the dublin area?

Are you from the dublin area?

No mate I'm from the Kilkenny / Waterford area but applied through the curragh. Would that make much of a difference?

No mate I'm from the Kilkenny / Waterford area but applied through the curragh. Would that make much of a difference?

Think so bud. I've only ever dealt with Cathal brua barracks in dublin

Does whoever that was on the panel that got Garda vetting form be called for medical if the vetting form clears. What's the story here if we pass medical and fitness test does that mean you're in?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kanedean16

Does whoever that was on the panel that got Garda vetting form be called for medical if the vetting form clears. What's the story here if we pass medical and fitness test does that mean you're in?

I think so man but I'm not sure what the crack is I applied for a recruit but in my email about the Garda vetting it says Joining Instructions 91st Cadet Class 2014? Hope that doesn't mean I'll be goin in for a cadet?

There's no guarentee of a job in passing them. But more than likely yes. You'd presume we'd get a medical next if our vetting clears

• Advertisement

Kanedean16 wrote: »
    I think so man but I'm not sure what the crack is I applied for a recruit but in my email about the Garda vetting it says Joining Instructions 91st Cadet Class 2014? Hope that doesn't mean I'll be goin in for a cadet?

Yeah I got same one, I think it's just a mistake because I got another email saying "Feedback for Army Cadet Compitition 2012" I did apply in 2012 but not for cadets

Advertisement