Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mwcat

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hammerfist

Maybe they will send us another email telling us what the story is. They did in other stages

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Dublin as well, it wouldn't be more fitness stuff would it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

Anyone that applied for the curragh hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

killer91 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I just received this email.

I wish to refer to your application for General Service Recruitment and to request your attendance for Stage 4 of the competition: Realistic Job Preview and Psychometric Verification Testing. This part of the process will take place in the Curragh Camp. Candidates will NOT require suits/formal wear for this stage of the competition.

Venue: Military College, The Curragh Camp, Co Kildare.

Candidates should report to the Parking area, which will be clearly signposted, from where they will be directed to the reception area in the Military College (this will be well signposted from the entrance into the camp).

Date: June 2014 Time: 13.30

When reporting for Stage 4 you should bring the following with you:

a. Photographic identity card (e.g. Passport or Driving Licence).

b. A copy of this email.

Failure to bring any of the above mentioned documents may result in you being removed from the competition.

You will be finished Stage 4 at approximately 16.30p.m. the same day.

Yours sincerely,

Manpower Office
    2 Bde
    Cathal Brugha Bks
    Rathmines
    Dublin 6

So it looks like we're doing the testing before the medical.

I'm curious to know what the "Realistic Job Preview" entails.

Any body else receive anything yet?

Congratulations. I did a quick search on military.ie for 'realistic job preview' and it's mentioned in info for cadets.........'The Realistic Job Preview
    involves a familiarisation visit to the Cadet School at the
    Military College, Curragh, Co. Kildare and informal interaction
    with instructional staff and Cadets.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Just looked it up there, seems more like a talk I'd say about the military life and the job.

I also checked to see if the link for the practice tests before the test were still working and it looks like its the cadetship tests that are on the website now.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

I phoned the Manpower unit in the Curragh today and they said their emails will be sent out on Friday.

Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ben1994

I just got an email telling me

"You are hereby informed that you have been considered suitable at interview for induction as a Recruit in the Defence Forces, subject to you passing a Defence Forces medical. You are now placed on a panel which will meet vacancies that may arise in 2015 subject to Government approval."

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

Fair play.
    Ben1994 wrote: »

"You are hereby informed that you have been considered suitable at interview for induction as a Recruit in the Defence Forces, subject to you passing a Defence Forces medical. You are now placed on a panel which will meet vacancies that may arise in 2015 subject to Government approval."

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

I got the same, does that mean I won't be in this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

congrats man, does that mean you don't have to sit the follow up aptitude that a few guys on here posted emails of?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Fair play man, that means your on the panel for next year I got that last recruitment but missed the follow up email, basically yea won't be recruited in this years competition but you will in the next one :) fair play

I'd say you'll probly won't be in d first batch of recruits this year.

It'd be strange if you didn't have to re do the aptitude tests and others did before the medical.

Packoman wrote: »
    I got the same, does that mean I won't be in this year?

Was that from curragh or Dublin ?

mwcat wrote: »
    Was that from curragh or Dublin ?

Cork.

Packoman wrote: »
    Cork.

Ok thanks, spoke to a few friends who went to curragh but heard nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

I had my interview in the curragh and heard nothing yet

So since I've been put on the panel for 2015, will I not hear back again until next year?

Its hard to know.

I'll say we'll find out more on Friday when the Curragh send out there emails.

I did my interview in Brugha, is there anybody who got invited to the next stage do their interview in Dublin or was it in another barracks?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ben1994

Id say we could start training this year and complete it in 2015. Just a possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

My son is very confused! He also got an email saying that he would be put on the 2015 panel. He had been very happy with how the interview went and also got in the 99th percentile and 91st percentile in the psychosometric tests - unlike his friend who only averaged in the 46th percentile but who got an email with an actual date to report for a realistic job preview and psychosometric verification test . They had both applied to Cathal Brugha. How can someone with a better score appear to be less successful? I know my son would have done a great interview - he had been researching for days and practising 'mock interviews' with the family . He felt really positive after the interview also. The other fellow - his friend has applied to the army on 3 occasions now and had never got to interview stage before now! I have to say I'm baffled ! Were names drawn out of a hat???

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ecork23

I don't understand why we are considered suitable at interview for induction as a Recruit in the Defence Forces subject to medical if we aren't progressing this year

As we are subject to medical meaning we will be emailed about a date and venue for a medical?

What are other people views on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

It simply means that they are putting together a panel of those that were successful at interview but not to be included in this years intake. If they recruit next year then you will be called for a medical. Rather than run a recruitment drive every year they create a panel that will last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Golfwidow wrote: »
    My son is very confused! He also got an email saying that he would be put on the 2015 panel. He had been very happy with how the interview went and also got in the 99th percentile and 91st percentile in the psychosometric tests - unlike his friend who only averaged in the 46th percentile but who got an email with an actual date to report for a realistic job preview and psychosometric verification test . They had both applied to Cathal Brugha. How can someone with a better score appear to be less successful? I know my son would have done a great interview - he had been researching for days and practising 'mock interviews' with the family . He felt really positive after the interview also. The other fellow - his friend has applied to the army on 3 occasions now and had never got to interview stage before now! I have to say I'm baffled ! Were names drawn out of a hat???

psychosometric test results don't count towards the final selection as far as I'm aware. Just like the physical they are pass or fail. The only explanation there that I can see is that he must of done a better interview.

Military.ie - Recruits - Induction

It states "all top scoring candidates from the interview will be called for a medical".

this is what had me confused.

My son is in the same position as yours. He thought he had done a great interview too but got the same e-mail today.

He asked at the interview about the numbers being recruited and was told 120 (60 x 2) and another batch of 120 being recruited in January 2015.

I think the whole recruitment process has been very shoddy and disorganised with a distinct lack of information. To be honest, this forum has provided more information about the different stages than the 'official' sources have.

I wonder if it's possible to request feedback from them as you can from the Civil Service Commission.

Have some questions
    1. How many are on the 2015 panel?
    2. Will everyone on the 2015 panel get an opportunity to progress to recruitment stage?
    3. When will the 2015 panel expire?

Hareton wrote: »
    psychosometric test results don't count towards the final selection as far as I'm aware. Just like the physical they are pass or fail. The only explanation there that I can see is that he must of done a better interview.

I asked the question about whether the psychometric test score was added to the interview score but nobody replied, probably because nobody knows for sure.

An applicant is given their place on a panel for Civil Service positions. So at least they know where they stand. The generic e-mail that was sent today is too vague.

My take on it is 'Congratulations, you passed the interview but go and stew for a few months and we'll let you know sometime in 2015 IF the Government approve the new posts'.

I have a feeling that the Manpower Office is going to be very busy tomorrow!!

I have no idea to be honest since i only received my email today in regards to this panel placement 2015

and im not even sure who to contact for the information needed.

but by all means the email came across positive at first glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Ecork23 wrote: »
    Military.ie - Recruits - Induction

It states "all top scoring candidates from the interview will be called for a medical".

this is what had me confused.

Everybody is confused mate, even all the dates they originally planned to have the retests and interviews were nowhere near the time they said, its all over the place . . no info whatsover on the DF website either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Id say the psyc test was just to filter out all the guys who were chancin there arm, it was an easy test to be fair so gettin 100% or 70% is no difference, there not going to judge a guy if he can add a couple of numbers in his head faster than the next lad, its completely irrelevent. What gets you in is your interview and your experiences to date in relation to the points you were given to discuss.

Advertisement