Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Krisd2014

M763 wrote: »
    There's no guarentee of a job in passing them. But more than likely yes. You'd presume we'd get a medical next if our vetting clears

Yeah, we'll probably not hear anything now until after Christmas id say. but you never know they could be quick at checking the vetting forms

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kanedean16

Krisd2014 wrote: »
    Yeah, we'll probably not hear anything now until after Christmas id say. but you never know they could be quick at checking the vetting forms

I just rang the recruitment office and he told me that the subject in the email Joining Instructions 91st Cadet Class 2014 was a mistake and it is for recruits, I also asked him does he have any idea when the next stage will be starting and he said don't hold him to this but hopefully the first 6 months of next year, so sick of waiting around nobody gives you a straight answer in that place

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭janet1989

Am I right in saying that the next recruitment drive for the PDF is going to be in 2016? I have been accepted in to the RDF and would like to join go full time. However I had an interview for the British army and provided I pass the medical, it looks like I could be starting training in late 2015. Should I wait around for the PDF? I would like to have that pride of serving my own country.

janet1989 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that the next recruitment drive for the PDF is going to be in 2016? I have been accepted in to the RDF and would like to join go full time. However I had an interview for the British army and provided I pass the medical, it looks like I could be starting training in late 2015. Should I wait around for the PDF? I would like to have that pride of serving my own country.
    To be honest I have no idea, it's hard to get any information at all from the recruitment office, I'm just hoping that for the people who got the vetting form emails sake that we get a medical date soon and we'll be in not too long into the new year sick of waiting around

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭M763

janet1989 wrote: »

Where u born in 89 I'm just asking because of your username and the oldest a recruit can be is 24 I think..so If u have an offer of the British army if take it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭janet1989

Where u born in 89 I'm just asking because of your username and the oldest a recruit can be is 24 I think..so If u have an offer of the British army if take it
    I would not use my real name or d.o.b. as my username!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

24 is the maximum age for application. I applied at 24 and have turned 25 since been placed on the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grevdawn

Because the newest recruits just finished there 17 weeks training there , does that mean the 2015 panel could start training soon into the new year?? Or???

grevdawn wrote: »
    Because the newest recruits just finished there 17 weeks training there , does that mean the 2015 panel could start training soon into the new year?? Or???

When I was in the interviews they told me within the first 3 months of the year. But things are always subject to change ye know

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grevdawn

When I was in the interviews they told me within the first 3 months of the year. But things are always subject to change ye know

Yeah I know tthank
    you

• Advertisement

Still no word yet lads :/

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gg1305

Does anyone know roughly how many are on this mystical magical panel?, I've contacted the DF about recruitment in 2015 and was told it's about the panel and how quickly it exhausts before another recruitment will take place, it would be nice to even have a rough timescale for recruitment or if it will even happen in 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

gg1305 wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly how many are on this mystical magical panel?, I've contacted the DF about recruitment in 2015 and was told it's about the panel and how quickly it exhausts before another recruitment will take place, it would be nice to even have a rough timescale for recruitment or if it will even happen in 2015
    mystic wrote: »
    He got the 2015 e-mail and here's what I posted after calling the Manpower Office.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90824245&postcount=110

'I rang the Manpower Office and this is the 'official' line. The guy I spoke to agreed that the wording of the e-mail is confusing and is inundated with calls.

1. 284 people have received the e-mail about going to the Curragh for the supervised pyschometric test. Call it Panel A.

2. They don't expect all the 284 to get through to the induction phase.

3. There are approximately 200 people who got the 2015 e-mail. They are ranked in order of how well the did at the interview. If two candidates got the same score at the interview, the psychometric test score determines the place on the panel. Call it panel B.

4. As the numbers decrease on Panel A (for example because of non-matching pyschometric test results, medical problems, non-acceptance of a place etc.), they call the first person on Panel B and work their way through this one until all available positions are filled.

5. He said the results for Panel A would be available on 25 June and after a few days they could start taking people from Panel B.

6. It is possible to get feedback but an FOI request has to be done. He couldn't tell me what my son's position was on Panel B.

7. There is no guarantee that all on Panel B will be called to the next stage.'

This is a post from 6 months ago and obviously things have changed as the people who were ranked the highest have successfully completed medicals and are in training. My son never requested his information using FOI!!

My understanding is that the people who are training at the moment will be finished in a few weeks (according to my son's friends who are training in Athlone and Donegal). So I reckon the people from the remaining panel will be called for medicals (after successful Garda vetting) sometime in January/February 2015 with a view to starting training early March 2015. This is pure speculation and wishful thinking on my part though.

A question - will the fitness test have to be repeated? My son is convinced he'll have to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gg1305

I'm surprised that the panel hasn't been very quickly exhausted, there was people taken from panel B as early as November/December, so surely the numbers cannot be huge left on the list?

Your son is probably right regarding the fitness tests and another may have to be done,
    Yet another reason that this recruitment has been a disaster, surely it should've just been taken on a yearly basis, I.e : Get the numbers needed for the first recruitment and then 're advertised again when it's needed, saves all of the confusion and months of waiting around.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

You could be born in 89 once you were 24 at the start of the recruitment

You could be born in 89 once you were 24 at the start of the recruitment

Anyone get an email?

Anyone get an email?

Did you?

micko4 wrote: »
    Did you?

No, it's frustrating waiting though!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

I'm on the 2015 panel but haven't heard anything so far...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Kirm2 wrote: »

same as me mate, as far as ive been told the govt havent sanctioned it yet. We can blame the Army lads till the cows come home but there hands are tied until they get the go ahead

Have you heard anything at all, did you get garda vetting form email?

Krisd2014 wrote: »
    Have you heard anything at all, did you get garda vetting form email?

Stripy and I both applied last march, Garda vetting, fitness test and interviews all done and we we're put on this panel, awaiting further instruction...

Stripy and I both applied last march, Garda vetting, fitness test and interviews all done and we we're put on this panel, awaiting further instruction...

Some of us got this one back in November

We are in the process of preparing for further recruitment in 2015, and we need to determine your continued interest in a job with the Defence Forces.

Can you please indicate by Email NO LATER THAN MONDAY 17 NOV @14.00hrs(2pm), whether you are interested in particpating in the next induction programme.

Failure to do so, will result in your application been withdrawed from the Competition.

Then they sent out another email last month asking to fill out a new garda vetting form aswell.
    We're still waiting for word on that one.

I think if you didn't get any of them emails you might be waiting another while yet. I emailed them and asked what the story was on the panel, they told me it was based on how well you did in the Competition so we must be next in line

Anyone else NOT hear anything since the email placing you on the 2015 panel?

Just an update for anybody still waiting on any word for the panel, I got an email today saying I failed the competition because I never attended a fitness test ? Turns out it was an error and that was for the rdf, anyways I asked on the phone when will the people on the panel be starting and he said the medical is coming up soon and around March we'll be starting , hopefully anyways!!

Kanedean16 wrote: »
    Just an update for anybody still waiting on any word for the panel, I got an email today saying I failed the competition because I never attended a fitness test ? Turns out it was an error and that was for the rdf, anyways I asked on the phone when will the people on the panel be starting and he said the medical is coming up soon and around March we'll be starting , hopefully anyways!!

Is this gospel now? . . are you the same as the rest of us whos havent got any sort of an email since being placed on the panel last summer or so? . . have you any more info atal?
    so youre saying we might be getting medical emails shortly and all going well will be starting in march? are you sure?

Is this gospel now? . . are you the same as the rest of us whos havent got any sort of an email since being placed on the panel last summer or so? . . have you any more info atal?
    so youre saying we might be getting medical emails shortly and all going well will be starting in march? are you sure?
    As I said I rang them and the chap on the phone told me the Medicaid will be in the next few weeks and we should be starting in around March , and no I got a Garda vetting form just before Christmas

As I said I rang them and the chap on the phone told me the Medicaid will be in the next few weeks and we should be starting in around March , and no I got a Garda vetting form just before Christmas

ah right well i never got a garda vetting form so this more or less rules me out id say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 trevorcooke

This sounds about right
    I recently emailed the manpower office and this was their response.
    Trevor,

Good morning.

What I am able to tell you at this moment, is that the Defence Forces are awaiting the "go ahead" from Government to bring in more recruits.

The advice is to watch media reports and if a "go ahead" is given by Government then formal contact will be made with the remaining persons from last years competition.

Regards,

Advertisement