Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dan 1

This sounds about right
    I recently emailed the manpower office and this was their response.

Hi got email last week to attended for medical next Wednesday says 60 been called but only 40 been enlisted.So it great to get that call after all this time but nothing guaranteed yet , going to be 20 very disappointed people , and if you end up been one of those 20 is that it is it all over for you then????????

• Registered Users Posts: 19 trevorcooke

Dan 1 wrote: »
    Hi got email last week to attended for medical next Wednesday says 60 been called but only 40 been enlisted.So it great to get that call after all this time but nothing guaranteed yet , going to be 20 very disappointed people , and if you end up been one of those 20 is that it is it all over for you then????????

What barracks did you apply trough ?
    I applied trough the Curragh. Maybe it is over if I don't get an email but I do have many college interviews coming up so hopefully something pans out there if I don't get enlisted. Good luck with your medical though.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

I phoned the recruitment and competitions section last week and they said that the barracks I applied to (the Curragh) hadn't issued their emails yet about the panel and are expected to do so in the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kanedean16

Hello what barracks did you apply for??

Kanedean16 wrote: »
    Hello what barracks did you apply for??

I applied through Collins Barracks Cork .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Krisd2014

Has anyone who applied for Dublin heard anything back since sending the vetting forms?

Krisd2014 wrote: »
    Has anyone who applied for Dublin heard anything back since sending the vetting forms?

No not yet I'd say it will be very soon if cork are sending out emails already, when I rsng the recruitment office he said medicals are in the coming weeks, I am dying to get my medical and hopefully be s soldier

So if over 40 pass the medical for where you're doing it how do they judge who goes through, must be who has the better phycho metric test scores. I wonder could there be a supervised test after the medical aswell.

So if over 40 pass the medical for where you're doing it how do they judge who goes through, must be who has the better phycho metric test scores. I wonder could there be a supervised test after the medical aswell.
    There could be but I remember when we got our panel email it said we would be in if there's any vacancies in 2015 once we pass a medical it never said anything about another supervised test? I just hope I get in after all this waiting!!

There could be but I remember when we got our panel email it said we would be in if there's any vacancies in 2015 once we pass a medical it never said anything about another supervised test? I just hope I get in after all this waiting!!

Yeah true enough, I'd say next week could be the week we hear something. But ya never know, Same as that hopefully all the waiting pays off, it would be a grand ol career

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Did any of ye who went through the curragh hear anything at all since last summer or so? Garda vetting or are u still interested emails?
    I wonder will it be this week we hear, I would email and ask but they're prob sick of me emailing. So if anyone emails the manpower office about info on the curragh be sure to post the response on this :)

Yeah true enough, I'd say next week could be the week we hear something. But ya never know, Same as that hopefully all the waiting pays off, it would be a grand ol career

are you guessing it will be this week or have you heard? you apply through the curragh mate?

are you guessing it will be this week or have you heard? you apply through the curragh mate?

I'm guessing I'm probably wrong..usually am when it comes to predicting when they send out emails, nah applied through Cathal Brugha.. I'll try find out for you but can't guarantee I'll get answer.

Did anyone get email saying you didn't attend for fitness test for the reserves today, got excited when seen email from them until I opened it, this is the 2nd time I got this one now could be another mistake like the email about joining the cadets, wasn't long until the proper one was sent

Passed medical today whooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭janet1989

How strict are they on eyesight? Thats the only thing that could let me down.

I'm 23 this summer and once it's exactly a year since your original interview (May 2014) your application is deleted. Your interview is only valid for one year. So this is the last stab at it for me, I'm highly disappointed in how this recruitment was handled. This time last summer we were told in the curragh that we would be starting in August of that year.

What barracks did you apply through? Well done by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

I'm 23 this summer and once it's exactly a year since your original interview (May 2014) your application is deleted. Your interview is only valid for one year. So this is the last stab at it for me, I'm highly disappointed in how this recruitment was handled. This time last summer we were told in the curragh that we would be starting in August of that year.

The age limit is 25.

Nice bro what did you have to do for it? When you starting

• Advertisement

janet1989 wrote: »

Eyesight must be surgically untreated and colour vision must be normal. Both eyes must be free from disfiguring or incapacitating abnormality and free from acute or chronic disease. There must be no evidence of squint or latent squint. Applicants who have had previous incisional or laser treatment to correct visual acuity are excluded from eligibility.

Vision must not be less than 6/18 in each eye, corrected to not less than 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in the other.

Eyesight must be surgically untreated and colour vision must be normal. Both eyes must be free from disfiguring or incapacitating abnormality and free from acute or chronic disease. There must be no evidence of squint or latent squint. Applicants who have had previous incisional or laser treatment to correct visual acuity are excluded from eligibility.

Vision must not be less than 6/18 in each eye, corrected to not less than 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in the other.

Kris do you have any more info on what to expect in the medical thanks

Kris do you have any more info on what to expect in the medical thanks
    Height
    The height of candidates will be established at the Medical Phase of the Competition. Weight and chest measurements must be in keeping with height and age.
    min height 158.48cm

Dental
    Candidates must be free from any serious periodontal disease and possess teeth to a specific standard, which is not less than the equivalent of eleven over eleven natural teeth functionally opposed. In certain circumstances artificial teeth may be acceptable.

Hearing
    A good standard of unaided hearing is essential. Candidates will be required to undergo an audiometric test at which:
    (1) The sum of the hearing threshold at 1,2,3, 4 and 6 kHz should not exceed the age and gender related warning levels contained in the "Guidelines on Hearing Checks and Audiometry Regulations 2007", issued by the Health and Safety Authority.

(2) Candidates under 25 years of age must be able to hear all measured pure tones up to and including 8kHz at 20dB in each ear. Candidates aged 25 and older must be able to hear all measured pure tones up to and including 8kHz at 25dB in each ear. Candidates must also be free from acute or chronic ear disorders.

They do blood and urine test aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭janet1989

I have a lazy eye, so that puts me out.:(

Nice bro what did you have to do for it? When you starting

Cheers Bud , starting in April is the talk , Test like any medical eyes ,ears , heart , lungs , bloods etc etc , found them nice enough but strict on everything if it not right you out, ears eyes ands lungs seem to be the big ones

What barracks did you apply through? Well done by the way

Cork , cheers

janet1989 wrote: »

Eye test was much the same as you would get at your Optiician

So if the Medicals were given out in cork and your starting in April does that mean the government have sanctioned recruitment and we'll all have our Medicals in a few weeks and starting around April?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭M763

Anyone been in contact with Cathal brua or barricks in the Kildare dublin area to see what the story is

• Advertisement

Did anyone who applied to the curragh receive Garda vetting emails or any contact since been out on the panel?

Advertisement