Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grevdawn

Did anyone who applied to the curragh receive Garda vetting emails or any contact since been out on the panel?

I havent heard anything at all since last year, what about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

Got an email today asking me to attend a medical next week at Collins Barracks, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Packoman wrote: »
    Got an email today asking me to attend a medical next week at Collins Barracks, Cork.

Did you ever receive the Garda vetting email

Did you ever receive the Garda vetting email

Nope, the last email I had before today was checking if I was still interested, which I got back in December.

Nope, the last email I had before today was checking if I was still interested, which I got back in December.

Well that's great news for you mate :)
    Us that went through te curragh haven't heard a thing since last summer, it's like we are excluded ...
    I wonder did anybody from the curragh hear anything since last June/July ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ben1994

Same here, have it Monday, anyone have any idea how long the medical takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kanedean16

Looks like all the action is down in cork, for once in my life I wish I was bogger ha

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Well that's great news for you mate :)
    Us that went through te curragh haven't heard a thing since last summer, it's like we are excluded ...
    I wonder did anybody from the curragh hear anything since last June/July ???

Still nothing, we'll probably have to do fitness test again too at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 19 trevorcooke

I have literally just received an e-mail from the army asking if I am still interested in a position and if so could I fill out a new Garda vetting form.

I went trough the curragh and this is the first offical email I've received since last June so I'm happy.

I have literally just received an e-mail from the army asking if I am still interested in a position and if so could I fill out a new Garda vetting form.

I went trough the curragh and this is the first offical email I've received since last June so I'm happy.

Same here bro! Literally 4 mins ago I got it. Anyone else get it lads??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Feeney23

Yeah I went through the Curragh too. Hadn't heard anything since June so was losing hope, but got email today asking if I was still interested. Relieved to hear something from them

Whys the address we post this form back to in te curragh ...

The vetting sheet has one address in the curragh and the email has a different address .. I'm only asking cos I've been waiting 8 months for this email and it's not even clear like.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dan 1

Ben1994 wrote: »
    Same here, have it Monday, anyone have any idea how long the medical takes?

Mine was from 7.30am and i came out at 1pm ,

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ben1994

Dan 1 wrote: »
    Wow didnt think itd be that long.

Dan 1 wrote: »

What did people wear, just a tracksuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grevdawn

I went through the curragh and I haven't received an email :( does this mean I'm not being considered anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭M763

Feeney23 wrote: »
    Yeah I went through the Curragh too. Hadn't heard anything since June so was losing hope, but got email today asking if I was still interested. Relieved to hear something from them

I got those emails in December lads I wouldn't get to excited

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Krisd2014

I'd love to know how many have gotten the email and how many they're actually taking on. I heard it was 180 being taken on in 2015 to remain a strength of 9500. So by the looks of it there's a lot that has gotten an email. If it is 180, we're not in the clear yet lads

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Feeney23

M763 wrote: »
    I got those emails in December lads I wouldn't get to excited

Did you go through the Curragh? Well it's the first thing we've heard so it can only be good. And from what they have said, they've only 6 months left to recruit. So could be much quicker moving from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dan 1

What did people wear, just a tracksuit?

Yeah bud that is it , everyone there in jeans and tracksuits ,

• Advertisement

Got an email saying my medical has been postponed until further notice. Just when things look like they are starting to happen it stops again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kanedean16

Got an email saying my medical has been postponed until further notice. Just when things look like they are starting to happen it stops again.

What an absolute joke

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ryanmann93

Sorry about that man but at least it's not a no. You will be going at some point! Was your medical for cork, dublin or curragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭M763

Rang a couple of days ago to one of the barracks in dublin. The word is it will be nearer summer time

ryanmann93 wrote: »
    Sorry about that man but at least it's not a no. You will be going at some point! Was your medical for cork, dublin or curragh.

Ya, they rang as well saying I'm still on the panel and will probably get called again at some stage. It was going to be in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Another curragh applicant here, still no word for me :(

Kirm2 wrote: »
    Another curragh applicant here, still no word for me :(

No word at all? ... You should ring man.
    If they're saying it could be near the summer then that's pointless cos our interview is only valid for one year then you have to reapply all over again. Some horrible handling of this situation

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Derisol

Post 1994 contract soldiers who were due to be discharged after their 21 yr contract expired in May were given a reprieve yesterday. Most will now not be discharged. I would expect this to have a massive bearing on recruitment numbers intake. Prepare to be disappointed lads😞

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Derisol

Post 1994 contract soldiers who were due to be discharged after their 21 yr contract expired in May were given a reprieve yesterday. Most will now not be discharged. I would expect this to have a massive bearing on recruitment numbers intake. Prepare to be disappointed lads😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 trevorcooke

Derisol wrote: »
    The adjudication process has still not been completed so a final decision has not been made yet.

Where did you hear this because there's no news of the adjudication process being completed on the PDFORRA website and there usually pretty quick with their good news.

Advertisement