Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Derisol

The adjudication process has still not been completed so a final decision has not been made yet.

Where did you hear this because there's no news of the adjudication process being completed on the PDFORRA website and there usually pretty quick with their good news.

--PDFORRA are briefing troops in bks end of next wk. I wouldn't expect them to post outcomes online before they info their members first. Expect to be disappointed lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 trevorcooke

Derisol wrote: »
    --PDFORRA are briefing troops in bks end of next wk. I wouldn't expect them to post outcomes online before they info their members first. Expect to be disappointed lads.
    Where are you getting your information from ?

I'd prefer to rely on legitimate sources like the PDFORRA website instead of word of mouth to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kanedean16

This is honestly a load of bollox we wore told they were in the process of preparing are recruitment 3 months ago and the lads down in cork have been told their medicals are delayed to further notice sick of waiting around this whole thing is one big joke if I don't hear anything in the next few weeks I'm applying for the Brits

All the doubters.......?!??

I thought you'd be interested in this article on RTE.ie:
    ww.rte.ie/news/2015/0218/681019-news-in-brief/

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Derisol wrote: »
    All the doubters.......?!??

I thought you'd be interested in this article on RTE.ie:
    ww.rte.ie/news/2015/0218/681019-news-in-brief/

Could you explain that to us there? What does it mean exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gg1305

It doesn't mean a lot tbh, the third party ruling was about keeping experienced nco's in that have filled their 21 years, all of the old privates and the nco's that haven't reached a certain tech grading (grade 4 I believe) will be going, so realistically it should have no bearing on further recruitment, due to natural turnover and the ones that will leave after April/May.

gg1305 wrote: »
    It doesn't mean a lot tbh, the third party ruling was about keeping experienced nco's in that have filled their 21 years, all of the old privates and the nco's that haven't reached a certain tech grading (grade 4 I believe) will be going, so realistically it should have no bearing on further recruitment, due to natural turnover and the ones that will leave after April/May.
    So without me trying to be smart here, realistically they'd wanta get it together and start getting these Medicals done and get the successful ones training ASAP?
    Any more info?

Realistically and theoretically yes but unfortunately for us all the DF doesn't work like that!!
    The further recruitment drive from the panels is awaiting the final go ahead (apparently) and I have no idea what the numbers left on the panels are, but just because a medical gets postponed I wouldn't read too much into it, medicals are forever getting rescheduled and depending on the demand for M.O's which we are desperately short of!

Realistically and theoretically yes but unfortunately for us all the DF doesn't work like that!!
    The further recruitment drive from the panels is awaiting the final go ahead (apparently) and I have no idea what the numbers left on the panels are, but just because a medical gets postponed I wouldn't read too much into it, medicals are forever getting rescheduled and depending on the demand for M.O's which we are desperately short of!
    Do you have any predictions to where we lie at the moment? ..
    Do u know where the likely stations are for the next recruits?
    Thanks for all the info aswe mate

As always with the army the current view is hurry up and wait,
    I can only go on where has already passed out recruit platoons and a few rumours in 2bde
    But as usual don't believe the rumours!

Dublin and Dundalk
    Have both recently enough passed out platoons, and Donegal and Athlone are passing out in the next few weeks,
    So it pretty much opens the whole area up, and what I've heard is Athlone are definitely taking another platoon in, but I don't know when, just stay hopeful and don't take anything for gospel until you get the email.

No problem mate it's a horrible spot to be in waiting around for any slight bits of info

• Advertisement

Could you explain that to us there? What does it mean exactly?

It unfortunately means that the 120 bodies that the DF were losing in May are now not going, at least the vast majority of them. There's small print in everything. And the recruitment drive that was being pushed forward in order to maintain the 9600 golden number of DF personnel........is now not necessary. There may be 1 platoon recruited as normal to account for natural wastage, but the multiple platoons that were being planned will be put on the back boiler IMO.

As always with the army the current view is hurry up and wait,
    I can only go on where has already passed out recruit platoons and a few rumours in 2bde
    But as usual don't believe the rumours!

Dublin and Dundalk
    Have both recently enough passed out platoons, and Donegal and Athlone are passing out in the next few weeks,
    So it pretty much opens the whole area up, and what I've heard is Athlone are definitely taking another platoon in, but I don't know when, just stay hopeful and don't take anything for gospel until you get the email.

No problem mate it's a horrible spot to be in waiting around for any slight bits of info
    At least there's some hope there, it's over a year now since application.
    I hope we hear something in the coming weeks, I sent off the Garda vetting last Friday. Hope that doesn't take too long as I know I've no convictions etc. does the DF get priority in getting them forms signed or is it wait in line like everybody?

The vetting forms are probably the longest part, don't know for definite but they can take several weeks, or even months
    I don't know about the DF getting preference, but I doubt it,

Best of luck with it anyway mate just hang in and fingers crossed it'll work out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jkachill

Quick question lads. I'm on the panel and got the email asking if I'm still interested last week. Replied and sent back the vetting form but I turned 25 2 weeks ago. Can anyone tell me if I'm still good to go or what's the story? Don't want to be waiting around for something that's not coming

jkachill wrote: »
    Quick question lads. I'm on the panel and got the email asking if I'm still interested last week. Replied and sent back the vetting form but I turned 25 2 weeks ago. Can anyone tell me if I'm still good to go or what's the story? Don't want to be waiting around for something that's not coming
    I think ur grand mate! I think it goes on the age you were when u made ur application. That bein said, we mightn't get word of anythin again any of us the way there going

I think ur grand mate! I think it goes on the age you were when u made ur application. That bein said, we mightn't get word of anythin again any of us the way there going

Thanks for that bud. I know its gone beyond a joke now at this stage. Where did u apply?

jkachill wrote: »
    Thanks for that bud. I know its gone beyond a joke now at this stage. Where did u apply?

Applied through the curragh and was assured we were starting in august I even passed on other jobs to hold off.
    I only got another job back in October, shows how much we have been messed around. Where did u apply through

Applied through the curragh and was assured we were starting in august I even passed on other jobs to hold off.
    I only got another job back in October, shows how much we have been messed around. Where did u apply through

Curragh as well. Ya I don't understand why we weren't called in August. I passed everything and was very happy with the 2nd psychometric then got placed on panel. I've passed up on job offers too its a joke

Anybody have a rough idea to when this thing might be starting if it even is at all? Received an email in December that they wore in the process of preparing but it's almost March now?

No word at all? ... You should ring man.
    If they're saying it could be near the summer then that's pointless cos our interview is only valid for one year then you have to reapply all over again. Some horrible handling of this situation

How do you know out interview is only valid for one year??

• Advertisement

Kanedean16 wrote: »
    How do you know out interview is only valid for one year??

Asked a sergeant who is based in the south but regularly is in the curragh. Interview is valid for one year after completion. Things change in a year same way the Garda vetting has to be re done.

Kanedean16 wrote: »
    Anybody have a rough idea to when this thing might be starting if it even is at all? Received an email in December that they wore in the process of preparing but it's almost March now?

I was told yesterday we'll be called for medicals durin the summer and starting around September time

I honestly don't think I could wait until September the FFL seems like my best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dan 1

Hi has anyone who done the medical in cork on the 4th of Feb heard any news back yet , will be 4 weeks tomorrow , you would imagine we would have heard something , was told that day that i had passed medical , subject to bloods , but still no offer , no start date , this is one long hard wait .

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Got my email yesterday finally asking if I was still interested in a career in the DF - it also says that the government has not yet sanctioned recruitment for 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grevdawn

Anyone get an email about garda vetting with no form attached?

grevdawn wrote: »
    Anyone get an email about garda vetting with no form attached?

Must be a mistake lad, just email them back there should be a file attachment on it. Hound them boy cos there only lookin to offload lads

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grevdawn

Must be a mistake lad, just email them back there should be a file attachment on it. Hound them boy cos there only lookin to offload lads
    Yeah I emailed back asking to send it again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The Naval Service are looking for Recruits go to the DF website for more details. Land Lubbers need not apply :D

• Advertisement

If the navy are taking recruits does that mean that the government have given the go ahead with the recruitment for the panel aswell??

Advertisement