Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dan 1

God only knows bud 6 weeks now since i done and passed medical and still nothing its becoming a joke , only in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Krisd2014

Dan 1 wrote: »
    God only knows bud 6 weeks now since i done and passed medical and still nothing its becoming a joke , only in Ireland

You're lucky you got the medical we've been waiting something like 13 weeks since the garda vetting form 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

Got an email yesterday saying weather I've had a medical or not I will receive correspondence once Recruitment has been sanctioned for 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dan 1

Well bud , and have you got the medical done , after getting that email , i got same email and i have it done

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

Nah, I haven't done a medical yet. Was going to have one but it got postponed. Still waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ben1994

Packoman wrote: »
    Got an email yesterday saying weather I've had a medical or not I will receive correspondence once Recruitment has been sanctioned for 2015.

Got that too and ive the medical done.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mike923

Has anybody heard back after their Naval Service Reserve medicals? A buddy got an email a week ago saying he didn't make it..

I'm yet to get an email or my medical results back..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mike923

It's been nearly 6 weeks since I took the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kanedean16

Anybody hear or know anything about the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

The whole reason we are waiting for the response from the army is because of the budget reasons and waiting for the go ahead from the govt. the govt are takin on navy recruits and now instrumentalists for the army at the moment, surely the money is there to finish this competition and stop starting new ones and leaving us here waiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭janet1989

I got my fitness test date for the 21st of this month for the Navy. Does anyone know how many people applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Krisd2014

24th March 2015

As the Permanent Defence Force is currently below the agreed stabilised strength of 9,500, it is intended that targeted recruitment will continue in 2015, from the recruitment panels formed from the current General Service recruitment competition, launched in March 2014. It is planned that these panels will remain in place until they are exhausted. It is too early to say when this recruitment will commence, as this is dependent on the operational requirements of the Defence Forces and the budget allocation for Defence.An additional Naval Service recruitment campaign is under way for 2015.

Same ****, we still have a bit of a waiting to do yet :/

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Celticlily

janet1989 wrote: »
    I got my fitness test date for the 21st of this month for the Navy. Does anyone know how many people applied?

Got mine as well on the 14th. Don't know exactly how many people applied but I'd say something like a thousand.

Good luck !!!

Got mine as well but on the 14th. Don't know exactly how many people applied but I'd say something like a thousand.

Good luck !!!

Celticlily wrote: »
    Got mine as well but on the 14th. Don't know exactly how many people applied but I'd say something like a thousand.

Good luck !!!
    Just found out that 1,200 applied, which is not too bad given that a lot won't even turn up for the fitness test.

And some of them will fail the fitness test as we don't have much time to get ready. Hope to make it to the end of the process. Do you have any idea when the training will start ? A bit early to ask it but I would like to have an idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭AirsoftDude360

Hey Everyone, I just got word through the grapevine that PDF comp starts April 12th

Hey Everyone, I just got word through the grapevine that PDF comp starts April 12th
    Where did you hear this from? Is it general recruits or cadets?

Where did you hear this from? Is it general recruits or cadets?

I was told general service recruitment

I was told general service recruitment
    I was told by a PDF officer that recruitment for the PDF would not be until April 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deanzel94

Rang the recruitment office there last week don't hiw how solid this information is because they tell you something different each week up in that place but anyways your man said he will be giving 180 names the end of this month or the start of May and they will be giving dates for medicals and he dmsaid about half the people will get through as some will fail the medical and some won't turn up

I was told by a PDF officer that recruitment for the PDF would not be until April 2016.

The training branch told me personally that April 12th 2015 is the next recruitment as we need the manpower, if not that date sometime this week or next

Deanzel94 wrote: »
    Rang the recruitment office there last week don't hiw how solid this information is because they tell you something different each week up in that place but anyways your man said he will be giving 180 names the end of this month or the start of May and they will be giving dates for medicals and he dmsaid about half the people will get through as some will fail the medical and some won't turn up

12th April that's what I've been told for general service recruitment, I'm going from RDF into PDF

12th April that's what I've been told for general service recruitment, I'm going from RDF into PDF

Yea but he's on about the panel not starting a new competition

Yea but he's on about the panel not starting a new competition

I'm talking about a brand new competition, loads of lads in my unit are being told the same thing aswell

I'm talking about a brand new competition, loads of lads in my unit are being told the same thing aswell

There could be I don't know but I don't see why there would when there's so many people on the panel and they've no money to get us in yet

There could be I don't know but I don't see why there would when there's so many people on the panel and they've no money to get us in yet

That's what we've been told bro, I guess time will tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

The director of training told me personally that April 12th 2015 is the next recruitment as we need the manpower, if not that date sometime this week or next

The Director of Training personally told you that?

The Director of Training personally told you that?

yep either April 12th or sometime around that, that's what he was told then he told me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

yep either April 12th or sometime around that, that's what he was told then he told me

april 12 is this saturday? they will never announce that over a weekend, makes no sense restrarting, doesnt add up .. they have a group already trialled and interviewed ready to go, them lads no more want to go through all that again and waste money that they dont have. All this speculation is about the panel getting the call.

Advertisement