Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deanzel94

Anybody have any idea how many people are on the panel? This literally has been the longest wait of my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

There is no new recruitment competition this year. There will be an intake of the current panel towards the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

There is no new recruitment competition this year. There will be an intake of the current panel towards the end of the year.

I think there's something comin up if I'm honest. Navy, guards and army all being re vamped this year, this month in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

I think there's something comin up if I'm honest. Navy, guards and army all being re vamped this year, this month in fact.

Revamped?

Hopefully GS recruitment will happen soon. I have been told there are no plans but it obviously remains to be seen.

Anybody hear anything? Really hope it's this week or next week we get something

• Advertisement

Deanzel94 wrote: »
    Anybody hear anything? Really hope it's this week or next week we get something

How do we know if there's anythin coming up? Why do ye think its this week or next we will be getting word? Out of curiosity

How do we know if there's anythin coming up? Why do ye think its this week or next we will be getting word? Out of curiosity

Stuck this up about a week ago

Rang the recruitment office there last week don't hiw how solid this information is because they tell you something different each week up in that place but anyways your man said he will be giving 180 names the end of this month or the start of May and they will be giving dates for medicals and he dmsaid about half the people will get through as some will fail the medical and some won't turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dan 1

Hi all has anyone anything solid at all , it is two and a half months now since i done my medical for the Army and nothing , i had to defer my year last year in college in case the call had come and soon enough i will have to be thinking about going back ,cant defer again place would be gone, to me this is just crazy why call me for medical if they are not ready for recruits 10 weeks now and no offer , on the day was told it was most likely April and Galway and medical officer said i had passed the medical , but still no call , met a guy the other day who done his medical in January and 4wks ago he was given start date for May 31st in Dublin , yet he applied through Cork . So if any one is reading this who done there medical in Cork in Feb like me you might post any news you have to date. Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ryanmann93

Anyone have any new information on medicals or start dates for people on the panel. Solid information would be nice but I know that's not really possible so even a guess is more then welcome. I need something...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kanedean16

ryanmann93 wrote: »
    Anyone have any new information on medicals or start dates for people on the panel. Solid information would be nice but I know that's not really possible so even a guess is more then welcome. I need something...

Same as me self man feel like it's never goin to happen

• Advertisement

Hi nothing solid but was told that two lads that were waiting to be backclassed to next platoon coming in have been told July , but 12 weeks now since i done medical and just feels like its never going to happen.

There's so many dates flying around in this forum now it's madness, are we ever going to find out its 15 months later like? .. Someone said this week, someone said last week and someone is saying july

Rand on Friday and your man said there are no dates how can there be when they havnt gotten the go ahead from the government, they have no idea either

Kanedean16 wrote: »
    Rand on Friday and your man said there are no dates how can there be when they havnt gotten the go ahead from the government, they have no idea either

Wonder what was the point in calling people for medicals in February . It is a complete joke , would not happen any where else , we cant forward plan , i am getting so tired of waiting thought when i passed medical in Feb that that was it a few weeks and would be in ,will be 3 months now in May since medical , well cant wait forever off to college in September if call has not come by then , It is just a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

Got an email today calling me for a medical in about 2 weeks.

Packoman wrote: »

Where are you based? And if your the same as the other lads who done a medical I'd say it's just to get them out of the way could still have a bit of a wait

Based in Cork. I was supposed to have a medical a while back but they postponed it.

Based in Cork. I was supposed to have a medical a while back but they postponed it.
    Well done bud, I was one of the lads that was called in February and got to do the medical , then they started to cancel other people that they had called for medicals , so must of been some sort of hold up , but if you have been called now again ball must be rolling again.

Dan 1 wrote: »
    Well done bud, I was one of the lads that was called in February and got to do the medical , then they started to cancel other people that they had called for medicals , so must of been some sort of hold up , but if you have been called now again ball must be rolling again.
    I wonder what this means for us who still haven't heard anything since Garda vetting ... Anyone I know who went through the curragh hasn't heard an absolute thing it's a joke. Any sort of news be something. Anyone else go through the curragh?

I wonder what this means for us who still haven't heard anything since Garda vetting ... Anyone I know who went through the curragh hasn't heard an absolute thing it's a joke. Any sort of news be something. Anyone else go through the curragh?

I went through the curragh too bud and I am on the panel. But I didn't hear anything official yet. I did hear from a DF member testerdat that they were told last week that there will be platoons starting in their camp very soon and we should be expecting emails this week or next. But again nothing official.

• Advertisement

I went through the curragh too bud and I am on the panel. But I didn't hear anything official yet. I did hear from a DF member testerdat that they were told last week that there will be platoons starting in their camp very soon and we should be expecting emails this week or next. But again nothing official.

Sound for that info lad, load of people here appreciate it although it's hard to be accurate with them. Is there any other info flying around?! .. So from what you heard if we pass Medicaid and all the platoon will be actually training in the curragh? .. Did he seem certain on this that we will be receiving emails soon?

Sound for that info lad, load of people here appreciate it although it's hard to be accurate with them. Is there any other info flying around?! .. So from what you heard if we pass Medicaid and all the platoon will be actually training in the curragh? .. Did he seem certain on this that we will be receiving emails soon?

Yeh I also heard that the next time a recruit platoon will be staring in the curragh will be September. I also heard other recruit platoons will be starting in August. Loads of rummers flying around pal. I would even be delighted if they told me they are starting in Decemer just so I would have a date you know.

Yeh I also heard that the next time a recruit platoon will be staring in the curragh will be September. I also heard other recruit platoons will be starting in August. Loads of rummers flying around pal. I would even be delighted if they told me they are starting in Decemer just so I would have a date you know.

So all going according to the rumour, we could be either starting in August this year or September. That's all going good medical wise etc. Jaysus I know how u feel boy I'm workin a horrible job here at the moment just waiting for this medical. Any sort of an email these days would make my day! No communication from them atal is head wrecking. They won't reply to any emails. The funding must be there cos there taking on navy recruits, navy apprentices, air corps apprentices, cadets, army band recruits and so on, we were next in line if Im correct and they just recruited every other area of the army.
    Any more info would be much appreciated ðŸ‘

So all going according to the rumour, we could be either starting in August this year or September. That's all going good medical wise etc. Jaysus I know how u feel boy I'm workin a horrible job here at the moment just waiting for this medical. Any sort of an email these days would make my day! No communication from them atal is head wrecking. They won't reply to any emails. The funding must be there cos there taking on navy recruits, navy apprentices, air corps apprentices, cadets, army band recruits and so on, we were next in line if Im correct and they just recruited every other area of the army.
    Any more info would be much appreciated ðŸ‘

Lads I hope we do start in August or September or even December I don't care but it was suppose to be March and then July? It's all noting but rumours no one has anything solid

Hi Bud, will you let me know what the talk is when your down doing the medical, when i done mine in February Doc was saying should be April and Galway , but that has not happened there might be more up to date news when you do yours.

Just finished my medical, have to get glasses and go back next week :(.

I asked about when it might be starting but he didn't know, he said he was actually surprised they were doing more medicals.

Just finished my medical, have to get glasses and go back next week :(.

I asked about when it might be starting but he didn't know, he said he was actually surprised they were doing more medicals.

At least u didn't fail anyway, was the hearing part hard or? What was the sight test? ...
    There doesn't seem to be much hope for us on the panel so.

Hearing was ok, bit strange. Swallowing or even deep breathes make too much noise to hear the beeps, very quiet but grand really.

Sight test wasn't a full eye test that you'd do at Specsavers and I had a feeling that might get me but it's very straight forward.

It's also worth noting that there was supposed to be 11 of us there but only 6 turned up.

Hearing was ok, bit strange. Swallowing or even deep breathes make too much noise to hear the beeps, very quiet but grand really.

Sight test wasn't a full eye test that you'd do at Specsavers and I had a feeling that might get me but it's very straight forward.

It's also worth noting that there was supposed to be 11 of us there but only 6 turned up.
    I heard the hearing is a bit tricky alright, so not even the full 11 turned up? That's mad. When you return you might aswel ask them the craic again see where we all stand 👠sound for that lad

• Advertisement

Hi Bud , i spoke to them today to see if there was any news , they said they have no new information and i asked were they doing medicals at the moment and they said no.

Advertisement