Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dan 1

Dan 1 wrote: »
    Hi Bud , i spoke to them today to see if there was any news , they said they have no new information and i asked were they doing medicals at the moment and they said no.

Something funny going on , i done my medical in Feb , then there was guys who were called at the time and had medical cancelled , you were down for medical today and yet when i rang them they said that they have no new info that to just keep watching my emails and i said now that your doing medicals again is there a move on again , they said that they are not doing any medicals. So i am lost. why would they not say they have started calling people for medicals again that had them cancelled.

Ben1994 wrote: »
    Got that too and ive the medical done.

Well Ben1994 , did you do your medical like me in Feb , have you heard anything back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Genuinely praying for all u patient souls that like me you got your medical date today.

Genuinely praying for all u patient souls that like me you got your medical date today.

*MEDICAL DATE THAT IS ...
    Best of look to everyone else. Do post on here soon as he hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deanzel94

Alright lads anybody know what's goin on, seen a post on the DF facebook page saying are you interested in a job in the army and there's an opening day there obviously planning on recruiting soon? Why are they making us wait so long on this panel??

• Advertisement

Deanzel94 wrote: »
    Alright lads anybody know what's goin on, seen a post on the DF facebook page saying are you interested in a job in the army and there's an opening day there obviously planning on recruiting soon? Why are they making us wait so long on this panel??

This is crazy bud. I would love to ring them again but if i do , i will be taken off the panel . did a lot of people get called for medicals today. maybe something is going to happen soon.

This is crazy bud. I would love to ring them again but if i do , i will be taken off the panel . did a lot of people get called for medicals today. maybe something is going to happen soon.

I've no idea man I havnt bein called anyways I havnt heard anything since December and I fill like this will never happen haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19 trevorcooke

Last official email I got was in February to redo my Garda vetting forms but I have received an email for a medical this morning I'm over the moon.

Last official email I got was in February to redo my Garda vetting forms but I have received an email for a medical this morning I'm over the moon.

Nice man where you based?

I did everything in the curragh this must mean there getting ready for a new intake. I don't really know what to think though because there has been people who've done their medicals in February and still have heard nothing.

• Advertisement

I did everything in the curragh this must mean there getting ready for a new intake. I don't really know what to think though because there has been people who've done their medicals in February and still have heard nothing.

I sent off my vetting form in December what does that say for me hah when's your medical

Deanzel94 wrote: »
    I sent off my vetting form in December what does that say for me hah when's your medical

What barracks are you dealing with ? Was that your original vetting forms or the second set ? The 26th so 10 days away.

What barracks are you dealing with ? Was that your original vetting forms or the second set ? The 26th so 10 days away.

Dealing with Cathal bruggah and it was my second set, hopefully I hear something soon, let us know how ye get on anyways man

Dont want to bust you bubble bud ,it is great news, bud they called me for medical in February and said i had passed it on the day , now 3 months later i am still waiting.

Dont want to bust you bubble bud ,it is great news, bud they called me for medical in February and said i had passed it on the day , now 3 months later i am still waiting.

Yeah that's what I said in a previous post I'm not up and quitting me job it could be another while away out of curiousity where did you do your medical ?

Yeah that's what I said in a previous post I'm not up and quitting me job it could be another while away out of curiousity where did you do your medical ?
    In Cork.I was called along with others then they cancelled medicals on other lads and now they seem to be calling them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

Got an email this morning for a medical on the 21st of this month in the curragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Feeney23

Got an email for a medical today aswell. They told us we had 12 months on the panel last June so they only have another month to use this panel and bring in new Recruits. That's why it's all moving now because they need to use the panel in the next month or they'll have to start a new competition.

It's about time us that went through the curragh heard something, hopefully providing the medical goes well for us all it will be July or August we are going to start. Anyone hear anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 vivalaquinta

dont sign up for this..u are mental if u think this is great career money is brutal!!

• Advertisement

dont sign up for this..u are mental if u think this is great career money is brutal!!

Will you gway boy, it's not all about money.

He's just annoyed lads he failed he's fitness

Anyone still in this thread who has ALREADY completed the medical could you post on this what the day actually entailed, what the tests were like and was there anything difficult involved? Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ben1994

Anyone still in this thread who has ALREADY completed the medical could you post on this what the day actually entailed, what the tests were like and was there anything difficult involved? Thanks in advance :)

First things first, drink alot of water before hand and dont go to the toilet, Thats what took the longest for a few of us the day we went haha, You start off by getting briefed about what will happen, then first is urine, then bloods. After that you go do your BMI, hearing, blood flow or something cant think of the proper name and eyes. Nothing difficult only i cant emphasis enough on the water and not going to the toilet untill youre there. I done mine in Feb so i could be forgetting something if anyone else wants to correct me.

First things first, drink alot of water before hand and dont go to the toilet, Thats what took the longest for a few of us the day we went haha, You start off by getting briefed about what will happen, then first is urine, then bloods. After that you go do your BMI, hearing, blood flow or something cant think of the proper name and eyes. Nothing difficult only i cant emphasis enough on the water and not going to the toilet untill youre there. I done mine in Feb so i could be forgetting something if anyone else wants to correct me.

What did u make of the hearing and sight? ...
    I'm a little worried over them things, my sight is grand same as my hearing but for some reason I feel it's harder than I think.

What did u make of the hearing and sight? ...
    I'm a little worried over them things, my sight is grand same as my hearing but for some reason I feel it's harder than I think.

They arnt bad at all, I was worried too since i hadnt done either in a long time, but theyre not hard at all, Hearing your in a small room and you have headphones and a button and you have to click the button when you hear the sound, eye test its looking threw a scope style thing and choosing the correct thing out of a few. It just takes more concentration more then anything. Youll be grand!

They arnt bad at all, I was worried too since i hadnt done either in a long time, but theyre not hard at all, Hearing your in a small room and you have headphones and a button and you have to click the button when you hear the sound, eye test its looking threw a scope style thing and choosing the correct thing out of a few. It just takes more concentration more then anything. Youll be grand!

Doesn't sound too bad, still nervous about it all the same .. Is there anything to worry about though with the sight and hearing or? Like you'd wanta have very bad eyesight and bad hearing not to pass if u get me?
    Sound for all the info.

Doesn't sound too bad, still nervous about it all the same .. Is there anything to worry about though with the sight and hearing or? Like you'd wanta have very bad eyesight and bad hearing not to pass if u get me?
    Sound for all the info.

Nah i dont think theres anything to worry about but everyone will be a bit nervous. I cant really tell how bad your hearing or eye sight has to be but I found it grand. I cant really speak for everyone tho if you get me. Its no bother just hope everyone gets to do there's now and finds out what the story is.

Nah i dont think theres anything to worry about but everyone will be a bit nervous. I cant really tell how bad your hearing or eye sight has to be but I found it grand. I cant really speak for everyone tho if you get me. Its no bother just hope everyone gets to do there's now and finds out what the story is.

nah as far as i know my sight and hearing is ok, its the fear of falling at the final hurdle after it taking so long ... good info! sound for all that. I onder what the craic is soon as we have the medical done (providing we pass)

• Advertisement

Hi did you do medical in Feb in Cork , have you heard anything from them yet

Advertisement