Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jkachill

Anyone know the story with the BMI? I'm in on the 2nd and mines 26.4 at the minute. I'm pretty fit but have always been a bit heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ben1994

Dan 1 wrote: »
    Hi did you do medical in Feb in Cork , have you heard anything from them yet

Yeah i did, nope not a single word since I left the barracks that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭M763

has anyone who dealt with cathal bruagh recieved a medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Krisd2014

M763 wrote: »
    has anyone who dealt with cathal bruagh recieved a medical?

No word yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Surely there must be some sort of a stir soon. Does anyone have any idea or hear any rumour? .. I know a sergeant down south here who ive asked numerous questions about this and EVERYTHING he told me never happened nor was it true so I'm reluctant on askin him again, I think none of them know anything! ...
    Id just love to know more about this all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deanzel94

Wouldn't we all man, I feel like this is never goin to happen and if it does I'll fail the medical :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭M763

A lad I know told me they were bringing in another platoon in June last month. I rang cb and they more or less told me to **** off over the phone ha tbh I'd be shocked if we were called at this stage. The thought of any employer taking In an employee with nearly a year old interview seems crazy to me. Did u get any sort of conformation that they received your vetting form?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dan 1

Ben1994 wrote: »
    Yeah i did, nope not a single word since I left the barracks that day.
    Same as me so , crazy bud i will post you if i ever hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dan 1

Has anyone on this forum been called for a medical in Cork , or are all the lads been called at the moment Dublin. I know there was one lad on who had medical in Cork , but is he the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

I redid the eye test yesterday and passed :).

I didn't really get a chance to ask more about when stuff might start but did overhear some medical staff talking about possibly having more medicals this week.

There were more that did the medical with me as well and some that didn't turn up on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ja1994

Packoman wrote: »
    I redid the eye test yesterday and passed :).

I didn't really get a chance to ask more about when stuff might start but did overhear some medical staff talking about possibly having more medicals this week.

There were more that did the medical with me as well and some that didn't turn up on the day.

Well lad, just wondering was the eye test hard? Could you give me an example if possibl? My vision is sound when corrected but I'm worried about my sight without glasses..
    iv my medical Friday morning in the Curragh! :)

I failed the eye test last week and they told me to go get glasses and come back. I then redid a bit of the test with the glasses on and passed. Very straight forward eye test.

The first time I failed the distance part, which was reading the lines of letters (I couldn't see past line 5). The rest was fine, reading different coloured numbers in circles, how many boxes I could see, what number the arrow was pointing etc.

But I was allowed to wear glasses for the retest, so make sure you bring them with you.

I failed the eye test last week and they told me to go get glasses and come back. I then redid a bit of the test with the glasses on and passed. Very straight forward eye test.

The first time I failed the distance part, which was reading the lines of letters (I couldn't see past line 5). The rest was fine, reading different coloured numbers in circles, how many boxes I could see, what number the arrow was pointing etc.

But I was allowed to wear glasses for the retest, so make sure you bring them with you.

Not so bad, like they completely failed you with out them? Where you applying through?

ja1994 wrote: »
    Not so bad, like they completely failed you with out them? Where you applying through?

Through Cork. They put me down as "temporarily unfit" until I came back with glasses and redid part of the eye test.

Through Cork. They put me down as "temporarily unfit" until I came back with glasses and redid part of the eye test.

Happy out so :) and did you think yourself you had bad eyesight?

Anyone have any idea when we will get results of Medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mike923

I'm still waiting for mine for RDF

mike923 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for mine for RDF

I'm applying for PHD but I know a lad who got a start date in July for RDF

*PDF

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ryanmann93

Anyone have any idea when we will get results of Medical?

Just speaking from past experience pal, you will be told that "the doctor has cleared you fit for service" on the day after your physical with the doctor (which is usually the last thing you have to do considering you pass all the other thing eg. Hearing, sight, etc.) now saying that you passed all of this it dose matter on your blood results too, these will be sent away and if there is a problem with them they will have to let you know, but if you don't hear anything it's usually a good thing. They will email you giving you a date to begin. I know a majority of the time people have waited two weeks, three weeks before they have been given start dates. But I also heard of people on this boards site that have been waiting months but usually it's around 2-3 weeks especially when there is such a high number of people being called for medicals. Now again this is the DF were talking about so please don't quote me.

• Advertisement

ryanmann93 wrote: »
    Just speaking from past experience pal, you will be told that "the doctor has cleared you fit for service" on the day after your physical with the doctor (which is usually the last thing you have to do considering you pass all the other thing eg. Hearing, sight, etc.) now saying that you passed all of this it dose matter on your blood results too, these will be sent away and if there is a problem with them they will have to let you know, but if you don't hear anything it's usually a good thing. They will email you giving you a date to begin. I know a majority of the time people have waited two weeks, three weeks before they have been given start dates. But I also heard of people on this boards site that have been waiting months but usually it's around 2-3 weeks especially when there is such a high number of people being called for medicals. Now again this is the DF were talking about so please don't quote me.

Thanks man, had medical on Friday passed everything like and just waiting on bloods, haven't been taking any funny stuff so should be grand! :) got word of a lad I know in the army and he heard there's start dates in august and October so all going well might get in one one of those :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mike923

You'd think they'd let you know if you didn't make the cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ryanmann93

Thanks man, had medical on Friday passed everything like and just waiting on bloods, haven't been taking any funny stuff so should be grand! :) got word of a lad I know in the army and he heard there's start dates in august and October so all going well might get in one one of those :)

Yeh I heard from a good source it's Cork in July and Curragh in October bud. But who knows eh? Your medical was in the curragh yeh?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

My son has just received an e-mail inviting him to a medical on 4th June in Dublin.

Check your e-mails!!

mystic wrote: »
    My son has just received an e-mail inviting him to a medical on 4th June in Dublin.

Check your e-mails!!

Cheers on the update I was just about to ask if anyone heard anything for dublin! I've no email yet but hopefully I get one!!

mystic wrote: »

Check your e-mails!!

I'm glad someone from Dublin heard 👍 Has anyone else got word from Dublin?

Just got my date there lads yeowww

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

By the way, original e-mail said 4th May. He got another one apologising for the typo. Good luck to everyone going for their medicals......let the stress commence!!!

12th June lads :D

• Advertisement

Deanzel94 wrote: »
    12th June lads :D

Same as myself 😃👍

Advertisement