Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deanzel94

Krisd2014 wrote: »
    Same as myself ðŸ˜႒ðŸ‘

Been such a long wait man thank god it's finally happening :D I'd say if we pass we'd be starting around October :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Krisd2014

Deanzel94 wrote: »
    Been such a long wait man thank god it's finally happening :D I'd say if we pass we'd be starting around October :)

At least hearing from them is something. That'll keep me happy for another while . I can take a break from checking my emails every 20 minutes now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jnezzil 101

Hello guys any body heard anything from Dublin.. I've done my medical for RDF but it's been close to 2months and I haven't heard anything

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dan 1

Hello guys any body heard anything from Dublin.. I've done my medical for RDF but it's been close to 2months and I haven't heard anything
    I done my medical for the pdf , and it will be 4mts next week so you may have a wait yet . Also i have only seen one guy on here that had a call for medical in Cork a week a few weeks ago is there no one else had a call for medical in Cork.

They said it's the Garda vetting process is the cause of the delay with everyone who has done medicals.. They can't go forward if they don't have or hear from them. so blame the Garda .

• Advertisement

They said it's the Garda vetting process is the cause of the delay with everyone who has done medicals.. They can't go forward if they don't have or hear from them. so blame the Garda .
    I filled out Garda vetting form last June at the interview , so it cant be that.

Was told dis by a Sgt in CB

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

Did everyone bring Immunization records with them to the medical? and if so where did you get them?

micko4 wrote: »
    Did everyone bring Immunization records with them to the medical? and if so where did you get them?

I seen that aswell wasn't too sure about it, it doesn't say to bring on the checklist for the day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Contact the local health centre where the immunisations were done. They will give you a contact number for the head office of the local care area. I did this and was told that they accept requests by e-mail only and it takes two weeks for the record to be issued. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

mystic wrote: »
    Contact the local health centre where the immunisations were done. They will give you a contact number for the head office of the local care area. I did this and was told that they accept requests by e-mail only and it takes two weeks for the record to be issued. Hope this helps.

yeah thanks for the advice, army didnt even give two weeks notice though :/ anyone not bring them?

yeah thanks for the advice, army didnt even give two weeks notice though :/ anyone not bring them?

What do we need to bring lads??? I've never heard of this stuff

What do we need to bring lads??? I've never heard of this stuff

"Please note that documentary evidence of ALL previous immunisation is required; i.e. dates of immunisation and boosters for tetanus, diphtheria, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, HiB, Hepatitis A & B, BCG, Varicella, Influenza, HPV etc"

That what it says in the attachment they sent us in the first email

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ryanmann93

"Please note that documentary evidence of ALL previous immunisation is required; i.e. dates of immunisation and boosters for tetanus, diphtheria, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, HiB, Hepatitis A & B, BCG, Varicella, Influenza, HPV etc"

That what it says in the attachment they sent us in the first email

Was that for the curragh?

ryanmann93 wrote: »
    Was that for the curragh?

Nope Cathal Brugha, I dunno if I'd be able to get those documents in time. Did some in England and the rest in Ireland. I got email today with the number for medical office. Think I'll have to ring and find out ,if they are looking for it I'll need more time:(

So this information they need where do I get it?

So this information they need where do I get it?

Your Local Health Office.

Anyone that's done the medical is it just the blood test that you don't find out on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Feeney23

Anyone that's done the medical is it just the blood test that you don't find out on the day?

You don't find out about your Blood or Urine. You'll know if you passed Eye-sight, Hearing, Blood Pressure, Spirometry (lung capacity) and the Doctors check-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ben1994

Anyone who done there medical in cork in feb have a look at your emails. :)

• Advertisement

Ben1994 wrote: »
    Anyone who done there medical in cork in feb have a look at your emails. :)
    Did you get your starting date?

Did you get your starting date?

Yeah July 27th in Galway.

Nice man!! Not that long away fair play

Congrats Ben1994.

Just had a text from my son that he's passed the medical this morning. Still has to wait for blood and urine results.

By the way, there were 9 there. 1 didn't show up.

Cheers lads, did anyone else get an email? It says respond by Tuesday July 9th but July 9th is a thursday. Next tuesday is the 9th of June tho?

Reply anyway. When my son got his e-mail about the medical it was for 4th May when it should have been 4th June. Congrats again.

Important for medicals

You have to fast from 10pm the night before the medical. This wasn't in any of the e-mails my son received. I knew about it from reading the posts on here. He got an e-mail confirming this last week.

Good luck to everyone doing their medicals soon.

Yeah bud, got same start date 27th July Galway. It is a year to the day today that i got email saying i passed interview , so its great we have the offer now , see ya in Galway bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ryanmann93

Dan 1 wrote: »
    Yeah bud, got same start date 27th July Galway. It is a year to the day today that i got email saying i passed interview , so its great we have the offer now , see ya in Galway bud.

Well done lads, fair play. Best of luck! :)
    Can I ask if you's done a medical recently too, and did any of you get a check list of stuff to bring up on the day of your start date?
    If so can you post it on this please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Celticlily

Can someone please post a list about everything we need to bring for the medicals ? I moved a lot so it will take me a few weeks to get all the papers and everything

Advertisement