Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

My email from the curragh just asks for my doctors details and that was it? ...
    So that's all I'm bringing.
    Well done to the other lads/girls who got a date for Galway :) ...
    Is there anybody on here who failed the medical? I'm a little worried about the hearing. Bloods and urine is grand for me anyway I'm 100% sure but what are the testing both bloods AND urine for?.
    Does this mean soon as we all pass the Medicals we will be starting around July or will it be further?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

When I did my medical all I brought was the printed off forms (Consent forms and medical questionnaire) that were attached to the email, a copy of the actual email and my passport. I didn't have anything to bring from my Doctor.

The blood will be tested for blood count and ESR, kidney function, liver function, hepatitis A, B and C, HIV and G6PD screen.

The urine is tested for urinalysis, drugs and pregnancy for female applicants.

That was in the forms I had to fill out.

Packoman wrote: »
    When I did my medical all I brought was the printed off forms (Consent forms and medical questionnaire) that were attached to the email, a copy of the actual email and my passport. I didn't have anything to bring from my Doctor.

The blood will be tested for blood count and ESR, kidney function, liver function, hepatitis A, B and C, HIV and G6PD screen.

The urine is tested for urinalysis, drugs and pregnancy for female applicants.

That was in the forms I had to fill out.
    Good info mate sound :) ... Sounds pretty straight forward, when the email said fast from 7pm the night before... Obviously this means no eating but can I continue to drink water up until

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Krisd2014

mystic wrote: »
    Congrats Ben1994.

Just had a text from my son that he's passed the medical this morning. Still has to wait for blood and urine results.

By the way, there were 9 there. 1 didn't show up.

Your son did his medical in Dublin didn't he, did they ask for the immunisation records?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Krisd2014 wrote: »
    Your son did his medical in Dublin didn't he, did they ask for the immunisation records?

He wasn't asked for the immunisation records but he had a printout of the e-mail I'd sent requesting them. He wasn't even asked for ID.

He said the hearing test was the hardest.

• Advertisement

Good info mate sound :) ... Sounds pretty straight forward, when the email said fast from 7pm the night before... Obviously this means no eating but can I continue to drink water up until

Yep, also I think someone already mentioned it but make sure you've enough in the tank for the urine sample, there's 2 containers to fill.

Yep, also I think someone already mentioned it but make sure you've enough in the tank for the urine sample, there's 2 containers to fill.

Alright cool, so what I'll do is drink solid till the urinalysis and I'll be ok fillin the two containers, haha what a conversation this is to have. But appreciate the info 👠.. Any tips for the hearing exam or anythin else?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ben1994

Alright cool, so what I'll do is drink solid till the urinalysis and I'll be ok fillin the two containers, haha what a conversation this is to have. But appreciate the info 👠.. Any tips for the hearing exam or anythin else?

Yeah seriously dont go to the toilet in the morning a few of us made that mistake haha. Is there anyone here that has already just gone threw training and have any good advice for us before we go in?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ryanmann93

Ben1994 wrote: »
    Yeah seriously dont go to the toilet in the morning a few of us made that mistake haha. Is there anyone here that has already just gone threw training and have any good advice for us before we go in?

Did you go through two medicals, on in Febuary and one This month?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ben1994

ryanmann93 wrote: »
    Did you go through two medicals, on in Febuary and one This month?

Just the one in Feb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deanzel94

Anyone in dub know what's happening after the medical anyone hear any dates?

Ben1994 wrote: »

Can you drink water after the 7pm fasting deadline the night before? I'm not sure whether to fast as in stay away from food and water. Or just not eat? Did anyone else stay hydrated leading up to the urinalysis?

Can you drink water after the 7pm fasting deadline the night before? I'm not sure whether to fast as in stay away from food and water. Or just not eat? Did anyone else stay hydrated leading up to the urinalysis?

Yeh man it's grand to drink water but nothing else, eg coke, 7up.

ryanmann93 wrote: »
    Yeh man it's grand to drink water but nothing else, eg coke, 7up.

Cheers man ... I'll be pissin pure water so when I get in there haha .. Sound. Any other tips to get through this medical safely? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Feeney23

Cheers man ... I'll be pissin pure water so when I get in there haha .. Sound. Any other tips to get through this medical safely? :)

A tip I definitely found helped me was to put your head down and close your eyes during the listening test. It made me concentrate on relaxing my breathing and concentrate on the tiny little beeps. All the rest are pretty straight forward. Best of luck

Just got the E-mail to start on the 27th July in Galway :)

Where did you appy through?
    Well done by the way :)

Thanks, I applied through Cork and did my medical about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 trevorcooke

Congrats man. My medical is on the 22nd of June so the curragh group could be starting early August even
    I need to improve my fitness seriously :-)

Anyone any idea why only some people got asked to bring there previous immunisation records? Anyone who has there medical on Friday do yous have them? I'm still waiting on mine

• Advertisement

Deanzel94 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea why only some people got asked to bring there previous immunisation records? Anyone who has there medical on Friday do yous have them? I'm still waiting on mine

I'd say we don't need them man, it wasn't on the checklist for the day so id say it'll be alright. I don't have them anyway and already on me way to Dublin :L

Krisd2014 wrote: »
    I'd say we don't need them man, it wasn't on the checklist for the day so id say it'll be alright. I don't have them anyway and already on me way to Dublin :L

Haha yea sure we'll see what they say tomorrow, everyone's saying fast from 7 but mine said fast from 10 I'm goin to eat so much food at half 9 haha

Haha yea sure we'll see what they say tomorrow, everyone's saying fast from 7 but mine said fast from 10 I'm goin to eat so much food at half 9 haha

Wouldn't panic anyway if you don't get them on time, some people have already done the medical in Dublin and they didn't get asked for them. Yeah I'm gonna do the same :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Hope the medical goes well today for the lads that post here.......Deanzel and Krisd

mystic wrote: »
    Hope the medical goes well today for the lads that post here.......Deanzel and Krisd

Cheers bro :D was easy enough just nerve wrecking haha apparently we're starting in September once the bloods are good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jnezzil 101

I've been waiting for over 3 months for any news on medical results n security clearance... Any one apply through CB..?

I've been waiting for over 3 months for any news on medical results n security clearance... Any one apply through CB..?

Cathal bruggah? Are you rdf?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jnezzil 101

Cathal bruggah? Are you rdf?

Yeah Cathal Brugah .. And yes for the RDF

Cheers bro :D was easy enough just nerve wrecking haha apparently we're starting in September once the bloods are good :D

Good stuff! September! Was this info from the medic infront of everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭M763

We will be starting at the start of august. Sgts were talking about yesterday

Advertisement