Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deanzel94

ryanmann93 wrote: »
    Good stuff! September! Was this info from the medic infront of everyone?

Yea man that's what the medic said so hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ryanmann93

M763 wrote: »
    We will be starting at the start of august. Sgts were talking about yesterday

Nice one thanks pal! Is this another rumour or ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭M763

i was waiting for final check off the doc and there was a couple of sgts talking about it. he was giving out that they werent getting any recruits were he was stationed. He said the start of august and was talking about dundalk taking two platoons. well i think it was dundalk but defo start of august

i was waiting for final check off the doc and there was a couple of sgts talking about it. he was giving out that they werent getting any recruits were he was stationed. He said the start of august and was talking about dundalk taking two platoons. well i think it was dundalk but defo start of august
    Heard dundalks a kip haha beggars can't be choosers

• Registered Users Posts: 19 trevorcooke

Deanzel94 wrote: »
    Cheers bro :D was easy enough just nerve wrecking haha apparently we're starting in September once the bloods are good :D

Did you get a location or anything
    I'm due my medical on the 22nd of this month in the curragh. How many turned up to your medical ?

• Advertisement

Did you get a location or anything
    I'm due my medical on the 22nd of this month in the curragh. How many turned up to your medical ?

No man noting yet said we should hear back soon and it be September when we're starting, just 9 of us

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

I heard that a platoon is going in Finner in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

I take it after today and tomorrow that surely all the medicals are done, how long till we find out the blood and urine results via that usually indicates when ur startin. Anyone find out any news at any of the medicals in the curragh

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Krisd2014

I take it after today and tomorrow that surely all the medicals are done, how long till we find out the blood and urine results via that usually indicates when ur startin. Anyone find out any news at any of the medicals in the curragh

We were told in Dublin that the blood and urine results take 2 weeks to come back and we'll hear from them a week after..so 3 weeks.

Anyone know if the email you get letting you know if your blood is okay do you get your start date in the same email?

• Advertisement

Anyone know if the email you get letting you know if your blood is okay do you get your start date in the same email?

I'm pretty sure you do not get a email saying your bloods and etc is ok pal. You will just receive a email with a starting date.

ryanmann93 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you do not get a email saying your bloods and etc is ok pal. You will just receive a email with a starting date.

Good stuff man thanks, is that everyone off the panel now?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭M763

Good stuff man thanks, is that everyone off the panel now?[/QUOT it will be the first or second week in july. who knows i doubt everyone who was on the panel is on boards.

Good stuff man thanks, is that everyone off the panel now?[/QUOT it will be the first or second week in july. who knows i doubt everyone who was on the panel is on boards.

Yeh hope so! Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jnezzil 101

Anyone apply for RDF in Cathal Burgha.. Been waiting since March ..?

My medical is tomorrow morning in the curragh But this week is the last of the medicals in the curragh atleast anyway. Just hope everything goes well now :-)

My medical is tomorrow morning in the curragh But this week is the last of the medicals in the curragh atleast anyway. Just hope everything goes well now :-)

Best of luck man it's handy enough

Best of luck man it's handy enough

Passed everything and just waiting for bloods, yeah it was handy enough. There is supposedly a new campaign starting in the second week of next month and the officer told me he's unaware of operational requirements so he couldn't tell me where we could be sent. Anyways I'm happy it's all done
    Hopefully the waiting game isn't too long now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

All the medicals are finished in the curragh anyway and they said now we are just waitin on an email ....
    This sounds all to familiar .. Better be no messing again this time

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Waku

Hi guys I've done my interview for the navy 17 days ago and still no answer if am in or out of the selection, when I was in Ringaskiddy 1 of the sergeant said it takes about 2 weeks to get a reply, how long did you wait to get an after the interview either army or navy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Celticlily

Waku, I had my interview last Thursday and they told me we would get an answer today. Last time I got my email at 22h50 so....still 5 hours to wait....And if you don't get it today, check your emails tomorrow as well as once they sent me an email on a Saturday afternoon. Now it's just a waiting game....Good luck bud !!

Thanks a lot bud, hate waiting, just wanna know where I stand, u still haven't got an answer aswel?

No I haven't got any answer either. The waiting is killing me as well. I'm pretty sure I failed as the interview didn't go well. Now I just want everything to be over and move on to get ready for the next one. But like everyone says : no news, good news.

Any update bud? Did you get any reply off the navy

No nothing. Stressing out now. I've spent the week end checking out my emails every couple of hours. I guess we'll know in the next couple of days as the medicals are starting mid-july. But that's just a guess....

U think that they will tell us at least if we haven't got it?

Waku wrote: »
    U think that they will tell us at least if we haven't got it?

They'll tell us for sure. No doubts about that.

Let me know if you got any reply off dem

Just got that reply, you got any ideas about it???? Thank you for your attendance at interview with regards to General Service Naval Service Recruitment 2015.

You are hereby informed that you have successfully passed all stages of the competition to date. Your name has been placed on a panel, which will meet vacancies as they arise in 2016. Recruitment is subject to Government approval and we cannot speculate as to when there will be a Recruit Class in 2016.

You may be contacted at a later date, should further recruitment to the Naval Service be sanctioned, to carry out the final two stages of the competition, namely medical and security clearance.

No further action is required of you until you are contacted by the Naval Service Recruitment Office.

Kind Regards,

• Advertisement

It means your not with the 40 recruits that start in September but in the other group. The same thing happened last year. I would advise you to read the posts in this thread as it's explained. Some of the lads from 2014 recruitment are passing their medical at the moment (or have done it in the last two weeks) and are waiting for their starting date. They'll come back to you later and you'll then pass your medical. It basically means you didn't fail. That's already good news (better than failling).

Advertisement