Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jamie1989

Hi I appliedfor the navy recruitment 2015, I passed all stages and have a medical on July 27th. I was just wondering was anybody else at this stage too?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭M763

This thread is for the 2014 army applicants

• Registered Users Posts: 11 XredZerX

Would you have already received an e mail by now stating you were unfit at medical?. Congrats to the lads who have a start date. I'm just curious to know how the selection process works.

I think it just depends on which barracks your dealing with.

I heard that there was 200 medicals done in the curragh does anyone know how many are starting in august? so i can have a rough idea on whats happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Ire1995

Has anyone rang the office and enquired?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ja1994

XredZerX wrote: »
    I heard that there was 200 medicals done in the curragh does anyone know how many are starting in august? so i can have a rough idea on whats happening.

do you know if that includes those who failed or 200 altogether?

ja1994 wrote: »

200 got called for the medical. so yeah altogether. i'd say not every one turned up or passed so it could be less.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ja1994

ja1994 wrote: »

200 got called for the medical. so yeah altogether. i'd say not every one turned up or passed so it could be less.

ya like it was 11 due for mine but one never showed and one failed and i say that was the same with most, so that could easily knock 20/30 out of it

yeah not everyone is going to wait around for something that wasn't guaranteed.

training starts august september and october. Everyone who passed the medical will all be recruited by the end of the year. there are maybe up to 5-6 different platoons so it takes time to prioritise.

I would of liked them to send us an E-mail of the results of the medical and then another one following of the date we will commece our training.

There is very little we can do at this point but to await our results. I know alot of people are curious to know because of dates booked holidays etc.. hopefully we all hear something soon best of luck to those awaiting an e-mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deanzel94

anyone in dub hear anything yet? I'm so impatient dying to find out haha

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Krisd2014

Deanzel94 wrote: »
    anyone in dub hear anything yet? I'm so impatient dying to find out haha

Probably be next week or week after

Lads be using this time as an advantage not everyone completes training. You want to try get as fit as you can to make it easier on yourself when your there "fail to prepare, prepare to fail". I'd say some lads who got a date wished they had more time train cause it was really only 2 weeks notice the were given.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Krisd2014

Any word lads

Krisd2014 wrote: »
    Any word lads

Its not going to be any time soon.

Ire1995 wrote: »
    Its not going to be any time soon.

How do you know?

He doesn't know. Although understandably pessimistic given the length of time this process has took. Il say this though if you had failed your medical you would have heard by now and also that the lads dealing dealing with the curragh seem to have always got replies a week or two before the lads dealing with the bruagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jnezzil 101

Check your email Boys.. People from Dublin..

Did u get a date?

M763 wrote: »
    Did u get a date?

Attestation is next week Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Where?

M763 wrote: »
    Where?

Cathal Brugha..

Cathal Brugha..

So what did the email say man? Did ye get a starting date and where your goin?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Attestation is next week Wednesday.

Jnezzil 101, your previous posts indicate that it's the RDF you applied for. Did you get the e-mail about starting in the RDF or PDF?

mystic wrote: »
    Jnezzil 101, your previous posts indicate that it's the RDF you applied for. Did you get the e-mail about starting in the RDF or PDF?

Was talking t him it's for rdf

Any news anyone? We're goin to need to know soon because there's a new 2015 recruitment campaign this summer and them recruits will start November. if we don't know before the campaign starts should we apply again?.

Any news anyone? We're goin to need to know soon because there's a new 2015 recruitment campaign this summer and them recruits will start November. if we don't know before the campaign starts should we apply again?.

No. When the money is allocated we will get an email. The budget is coming up soon. Its obviously going to happen when theyve invested so much time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grevdawn

Ire1995 wrote: »
    No. When the money is allocated we will get an email. The budget is coming up soon. Its obviously going to happen when theyve invested so much time.

Do you know by any change when the budget is exactly? Or what month we can expect it to be?

grevdawn wrote: »
    Do you know by any change when the budget is exactly? Or what month we can expect it to be?

How would i know, if they dont know?

• Advertisement

Your man at the medical told me we should be starting in September obviously can't rely on what anyone says well just have to wait for the email, does anyone know if you pass your medical will you definitely be starting or is there still a chance you might not get it?

Advertisement