Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Gorman700 wrote: »
    I doubt we will hear anything, we don't need anymore than what the email specified, time, place and what to wear.

god we wont the info is there in the email, it says not to wear formal clothes, but there will be that one tool in a suit, wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dan 1

mystic wrote: »
    My opinion (for what it's worth) is that there will possibly more vacancies in 2015 but this will depend on getting the go ahead from the Government to fill the places. They will fill places from Panel B rather than going through the whole recruitment process again.

It would be very helpful if they indicated what position a person was on the panel.

Regarding the bit in bold, did the person on the phone say Panel A and Panel B? Maybe they're reading this thread :eek:

Hi wondering has anyone heard anything new, This is where i am at, i have 2 years done in college waiting on exam results if that goes well should be heading back in sept for third year at a cost of 3500 euros accom, and 3000 for fees plus funds to get through week to week, this is a big cost to my parents . I got the 2015 email like many others and they tell me i could be called at any time , so lets say i get call for this year or in December or Jan /Feb or when ever , I would be off , with 6500 euros not refundable ??? ,So do i go back and gamble that much money on my parents or take year out waiting for Army to call.Help Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Irishboy!

discus wrote: »
    Pop into an opticians, and explain your problem... You have a few options.

1) Have the optician write test your colour vision, using the ishihara test (circles made up of dots of various size and colour, with a number visable to those with safe colour perception) and the D15 Farnsworth series (also known as the City University Colour Perception test). He may be able to say that you are slightly colourblind, and that your colour perception is safe enough.

If you do this, don't mention the note until the doctor has tested you. If he fails you, then produce the note.

2) Find the tests online, and learn them off. Try to learn off what number comes up with the various colours as you see them. I know a lad that did this for the Gardai.

But mainly mate, you need to accept that you may not get in. I have no idea why, I can't see how a soldier needs to have perfect colour vision.

Have u any idea of where u might get samples of the eye tests that we will be asked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Irishboy! wrote: »
    Have u any idea of where u might get samples of the eye tests that we will be asked?

Have you tried google?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ger4444

Does anyone know will the supervisory aptitude test be the same layout as the online one, same kind of maths, or will there be graphs and mixed up? It does say on the email "Psychometric Verification Testing", going by the email I presume its going to be the same layout, but just want to see did anyone hear different?

• Advertisement

Anyone do there retest yet????

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Anyone do there retest yet????

No not yet I'm doing it Wednesday afternoon.

Have you heard of anybody who did it already?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hammerfist

I'm on Wednesday at 9 am. Maybe everyone is doing it that day.

Are the re-tests being done on a computer or with pen and paper does anyone know.

I'd hate to get a computer with a dodgey mouse or something.

hammerfist wrote: »
    I'm on Wednesday at 9 am. Maybe everyone is doing it that day.

Are the re-tests being done on a computer or with pen and paper does anyone know.

I'd hate to get a computer with a dodgey mouse or something.

done on a computer, there decent enough though!!

done on a computer, there decent enough though!!

How did u get on mate? Was it a similar test to the unsupervised ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

How did it go man I have mine Wednesday at 9am

Axelf0128 wrote: »
    How did it go man I have mine Wednesday at 9am

easy lads, not the exact same test we did before but very similar, the job preview was spot on they went through the ins and outs of the training and career options going forward, they did it in leymans terms with a bit of banter thrown in aswel and they were very quick to point out you will rarely be home for the 7 months if so at all and that is if so. They said its a killer the training but afterwards you'll never see anything as hard.

easy lads, not the exact same test we did before but very similar, the job preview was spot on they went through the ins and outs of the training and career options going forward, they did it in leymans terms with a bit of banter thrown in aswel and they were very quick to point out you will rarely be home for the 7 months if so at all and that is if so. They said its a killer the training but afterwards you'll never see anything as hard.

Ya couldn't explain a wee bit more about the exam please stripy mind. Be highly appreciated.

Ya couldn't explain a wee bit more about the exam please stripy mind. Be highly appreciated.

Numeracy first is ... 7 + _ = 10
    12 x _ = 24 . . . .

etc . . handy.

literacy is second: read a paragraph and click true or false.
    Handier.

its all done in a computer room and its all over in roughly 20 mins or so and u go home. The tests are very very basic so if the above examples are catchin people, then dont go up to the curragh cos ya'd be a danger with a rifle if you didnt easily pass this, and im not being a smart arse either the maths above were genuine questions

Awh nice one man. Do they give you a pen and piece of paper to do workings on as well ?

Awh nice one man. Do they give you a pen and piece of paper to do workings on as well ?

yeah theres a pen and paper there on your right hand side, they get u to jot down your login details for the computer (which are given up there) . .
    only advice id give ya is to remember the email address you used for the first psyc test beacuse you need this to login to the test too.

So the exam is actually easier than the unsupervised? That makes no sense.

Also can we park in the currag or what? I'm not familiar with it.

So the exam is actually easier than the unsupervised? That makes no sense.

Also can we park in the currag or what? I'm not familiar with it.

yeah yeah its sign posted u can park there. The test isnt easier but the first one was handy, its by no means harder, i found it a lot easier thats just me personally. But yeah you're more or less in after that as long as you aint deaf or colour blind or on drugs for your blood and urine tests.
    Thats the info i gathered from what they said yesterday.

Did you get any idea about how long until we get medical dates or if anyone didn't get through?

the medical will be some time during july they said so be ready for an email anytime in july

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Did anyone who got the email regarding the 2015 panel get clarification on exactly what that means?? Thanks

Had my test today the same one as we done online, I got real nervous for some reason think I made a balls of the maths not looking good for me , feel disappointed in me self letting nerves get the better of me

Had my test today the same one as we done online, I got real nervous for some reason think I made a balls of the maths not looking good for me , feel disappointed in me self letting nerves get the better of me

Did u apply for curragh or dublin?

Dublin, I'm snapping about it just couldn't get me head straight wouldn't mind it is so easy, just the nerves I suppose

Dublin, I'm snapping about it just couldn't get me head straight wouldn't mind it is so easy, just the nerves I suppose

I say this will be happening to alot of people, very easy happen!!

So lads was today the last day for the re tests?

I thought I did better on the verbal and slightly worse on the numerical.

They said we should hear back within a week or two about the results and medical dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

killer91 wrote: »
    So lads was today the last day for the re tests?

I thought I did better on the verbal and slightly worse on the numerical.

They said we should hear back within a week or two about the results and medical dates.
    yea i think it was. if ya applied for the Curragh where would you be doin your training?

Same happend to myself, went blank and I knew I could do better, walked out kicking myself, nerves just got the better and could not focus. Im just wondering will all fitness, interview, 1st psychometric test be all taking into consideration for the intake, or is it all just going on one test?

I hope all the stuff is considered I think I should be as one test that people will be nervous on shouldn't decide who gets in

• Advertisement

Totally agree, same boat as you, made a balls of it, but not blaming anyone, my own mess haha, but I just hope it is all taking into consideration. Fare play to the lads that went in and did great. But look we will all no next week, but if I don't get in, witch I hope I do, all that was such a waste of time.

Advertisement