Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army & Navy Recruitment 2014 Interview

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hammerfist

It is dis-heartening lads but keep the head up. You made it down to the last 300 or so out of a few thousand.

I think you could be okay if you did pull a bit of a wobble, it does happen. If your scores are really badly different in comparison to the unsupervised they may take into account your interview score possibly.

The people who cheated will be found out because they cheated for a reason, they aren't good at these tests.

I wish everyone all the best anyways. Chin up!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Axelf0128

Nice one man, hopefully I scrapped through but that's being hopefully, does anyone know how many are going for medicals?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

I asked one of the sergeants and he said that everything is taken into consideration for the overall score, especially the interview.

So I wouldn't worry too much as there has to be some sort of leeway with the results of the psychometric tests.

Also we should be getting the results of the tests in a weeks time and then medical dates from then on.

killer91 wrote: »
    I asked one of the sergeants and he said that everything is taken into consideration for the overall score, especially the interview.

So I wouldn't worry too much as there has to be some sort of leeway with the results of the psychometric tests.

Also we should be getting the results of the tests in a weeks time and then medical dates from then on.

Awh that's grand so cause I feel I did really well in the interview so hopefully all I can do is wait , well done by the way

Thanks man, he also said If we didn't get in on the first platoon, don't worry and that they hope to get recruits in at the end of August, then September and October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Irishboy!

I was told medicals are 1st of july In the curragh and first recruits will be took in the 8th of September!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hammerfist

Irishboy! wrote: »
    I was told medicals are 1st of july In the curragh and first recruits will be took in the 8th of September!!

I can't see this being right. Such short notice. Where did you hear this? I'd be expecting at least a weeks notice before hand like the other stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TommyGuilfoyle

Navy Medicals will be done in the next 2 weeks aswell, the email for who's onto the medical will be sent out at the end of the week and then will be given a date if successful. That's what I was told at the retest yesterday

Did anyone find out how many are going for medical out of the 300 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Did all those that were called to the Curragh show up? My son heard that a few of his friends that got through had no intention of going.......unbelievable!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

mystic wrote: »
    Did all those that were called to the Curragh show up? My son heard that a few of his friends that got through had no intention of going.......unbelievable!!!

There are time wasters and idiots in all walks of life, I can't believe that. Guys (like me) are dying to get a place in these upcoming recruit classes and want to make a career in the DF and these clowns are simply clogging up the system.

Best of luck to everyone who is awaiting an email this week.

Gorman700 wrote: »
    There are time wasters and idiots in all walks of life, I can't believe that. Guys (like me) are dying to get a place in these upcoming recruit classes and want to make a career in the DF and these clowns are simply clogging up the system.

Best of luck to everyone who is awaiting an email this week.

I suppose people are keeping their options open and apply for lots of things. My son (like you) only wants a career in the DF. I've been told that some people actually go through the whole process and when it comes to the 'induction phase', they don't proceed.

A question for the lucky ones who were called to the Curragh......were there any 'no shows'?

Well It's hard to know how many didn't show, in my group at 1.30 there was 30 people.

There was 30 people who were early for the 1.30 slot, my group and only one more group of 30 in after us.

When I was checking in and I took a sneaky look at the list, there was about two thirds of the list for yesterday checked.

Thanks @Killer91 and best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Mystic did your son get the email for the 2015 panel? If so did you get clarification on what that means exactly? I'm one if those also who only want to pursue a career in the DF, I'd just really like to know if being on the panel is a good thing or is it a "don't contact us we'll contact you... never" kind of thing. It's all very unclear.

Kirm2 wrote: »
    Mystic did your son get the email for the 2015 panel? If so did you get clarification on what that means exactly? I'm one if those also who only want to pursue a career in the DF, I'd just really like to know if being on the panel is a good thing or is it a "don't contact us we'll contact you... never" kind of thing. It's all very unclear.

He got the 2015 e-mail and here's what I posted after calling the Manpower Office.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90824245&postcount=110

'I rang the Manpower Office and this is the 'official' line. The guy I spoke to agreed that the wording of the e-mail is confusing and is inundated with calls.

1. 284 people have received the e-mail about going to the Curragh for the supervised pyschometric test. Call it Panel A.

2. They don't expect all the 284 to get through to the induction phase.

3. There are approximately 200 people who got the 2015 e-mail. They are ranked in order of how well the did at the interview. If two candidates got the same score at the interview, the psychometric test score determines the place on the panel. Call it panel B.

4. As the numbers decrease on Panel A (for example because of non-matching pyschometric test results, medical problems, non-acceptance of a place etc.), they call the first person on Panel B and work their way through this one until all available positions are filled.

5. He said the results for Panel A would be available on 25 June and after a few days they could start taking people from Panel B.

6. It is possible to get feedback but an FOI request has to be done. He couldn't tell me what my son's position was on Panel B.

7. There is no guarantee that all on Panel B will be called to the next stage.'

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ger4444

I was told yesterday the psychometric test online will not be matched against the unsupervised apptuide test.

Ger4444 wrote: »
    I was told yesterday the psychometric test online will not be matched against the unsupervised apptuide test.

If that's true, what's the point of repeating the test? Obviously very few are going to get a 100% match with the online one. I would imagine that once someone got within a certain percentage of their original test then they would be ok. But if there were glaring differences between the two tests (for example, getting 100% in test A and 50% in test B) questions may be asked as to the validity of the first one. Does that make sense?

It's like 'Chinese whispers' at this stage....he said, she said, I know a mate that told me, etc., etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Thanks for the reply Mystic. It's a pity they don't tell you in your email what number you are on the panel, at least that way people could make plans etc, like in my case do I or do I not go back to college...

The only way to find out the position on a panel is to request it using a FOI request.

http://www.military.ie/en/info-centre/freedom-of-information/

Freedom of Information Officer,
    Defence Forces Headquarters,
    Department of Defence,
    Station Road,
    Newbridge
    Co. Kildare

Office: (045) 49 2577/2578

Email: foi@defenceforces.ie

They can release the information to you and provide you with feedback from the interview. So maybe give them a call or send an e-mail.

• Advertisement

Best of luck to everyone.

Does anybody have an idea as to what will happen if ya dont get called for a medical but youre on panel A?!

Irishboy! wrote: »
    Does anybody have an idea as to what will happen if ya dont get called for a medical but youre on panel A?!

I'd imagine you'd be put on top of panel

I'd imagine you'd be put on top of panel

Hopefully, it would be a shame to not be rewarded in some way for how well we have done so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Ger4444 wrote: »

Not true. That's the purpose of the re-test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

mystic wrote: »

It's like 'Chinese whispers' at this stage....he said, she said, I know a mate that told me, etc., etc.

When (if) you're in they're called 'Ball Hops' ~ get used to hearing that term!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gazoc90

I did my stage 4 on Tuesday morning in the curragh. A Sergeant said we should hear something by Friday evening but if we do not hear anything by email by Monday evening, email them and find out. Don't ring as they have enough to do.

When (if) you're in they're called 'Ball Hops' ~ get used to hearing that term!!.

I had to google that term :eek:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ballhop

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

Has anyone received an email yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Gazoc90

Gorman700 wrote: »
    Has anyone received an email yet?

Nope and I'm checking my mail every half hour or so! Lol

Advertisement