Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyelash Growth

• 11-05-2014 10:00pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In the last while i've really noticed how sparse my eyelashes are and now that it has my attention I think it looks absolutely awful! And its even worse when I put mascara on, because they look all stringy and odd..

Is there anyway to promote growth and/or the strength of your eyelashes? Do any of those serums actually work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I think everyone's eyelashes get a bit sparse every now and then. When it happened to me, i was under a lot of stress (i lost some hair at the time too, evenly thankfully, not in clumps!). I mentioned it to my GP and she suggested giving mascara a miss for a month or so (the theory being that excess shedding is encouraged when removing the mascara), and tinting them instead. The tint made them look fuller straight away. I also put a tiny amount of Vaseline on them every night. I have no idea whether either of these steps actually helped, but by the time i was feeling less stressed (about 6 weeks), they were looking much better!
    Anyone i know who has used the serums has said they didn't make any difference.
    You could also look at your diet and consider a supplement like Perfectil or the cheaper Boots version, which promotes healthy skin and hair in general so should help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I use talika lipocils and find it brill. I used Jan marini eyelash serum in the past but way too expensive - over 100 euro AFAIK.
    Anyway you can buy lipocils on amazon for about 25 euro and it's just as good. Apply every night and although it takes a few weeks your eyelashes really do grow- I'm always asked if I'm wearing falsies. They have a brow version too but I haven't tried it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Do you think you could use the eyelash one on the brow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

RapidLash has excellent reviews on Boots.com. You can also get it on Amazon.
    I got the L'Oreal Lash Renewal serum on Amazon and after 4 weeks I swear I am seeing an improvement. It's only about 5 pounds sterling so worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I've used rapid lash for over a year now and couldn't recommend it more highly. I had a lot of sparse eyelashes on the outer corner of my eyes from wearing individual lashes for years. Rapid lash has made my eyelashes long and voluminous. So much so that beauticians constantly comment on how long they are whenever I get them tinted.

It does take a good month to see the effects so you have to be patient. It is pricey as well at about 50euro in boots. I usually get at least three months out of one tube though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Some olive oil

panda100 wrote: »
    I've used rapid lash for over a year now and couldn't recommend it more highly. I had a lot of sparse eyelashes on the outer corner of my eyes from wearing individual lashes for years. Rapid lash has made my eyelashes long and voluminous. So much so that beauticians constantly comment on how long they are whenever I get them tinted.

It does take a good month to see the effects so you have to be patient. It is pricey as well at about 50euro in boots. I usually get at least three months out of one tube though.

It's on 3 for 2 at the minute if u wanted to stock up, but its cheaper online.
    PS would LOVE to see a pic of your lashes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Magenta wrote: »
    It's on 3 for 2 at the minute if u wanted to stock up, but its cheaper online.
    PS would LOVE to see a pic of your lashes!!!

So took eyelash selfie this morning. First two pics are my eyelashes with no mascara on, and last pic is with 'they're real' benefit mascara on, which tbh I find very clumpy but is only black mascara I have at mo. Considering my eyelashes were short, sparse and stubby I think they've come a long way!

panda100 wrote: »
    So took eyelash selfie this morning. First two pics are my eyelashes with no mascara on, and last pic is with 'they're real' benefit mascara on, which tbh I find very clumpy but is only black mascara I have at mo. Considering my eyelashes were short, sparse and stubby I think they've come a long way!

wow they're awesome! you must be delighted!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Sorry for such a delay in replying to yee, but thanks everyone for the replies!
    In typical "broke student" fashion, Im gonna start with the cheapest, most easily gotten things I think and then work my way up the scales if improvements arent being made! Ill try the vaseline or olive oil first I think, then perhaps lipocils. If they dont work definitely interested in giving rapidlash a go
    Btw, Panda100 youre eyelashes are AMAZING, honestly they look perfect! So jealous of them :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement