Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

infraction in AH

Options
  • 11-05-2014 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I recieved an infraction in AH for correcting a poster who was using a logical falacy. My post was deleted by a moderator. After some dialogue the mod refuses to admit his wrongdoing and rectify his actions.

My post followed this post
    ht....ww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90333999&postcount=38

I corrected the poster. My post was deleted.

It read
    religious identity

Mod accused me of correcting the posters spelling. The spelling in the post is correct. Mod refuses to accept the fact that he was in the wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fullaljackeen

Any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,700 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi fullaljackeen

One of your posts:
    Religeous people get abused all the time. What makes this incident special?

In this post, you spelt "Religious" incorrectly.

Response to your post with "Religious" spelt correctly:
    Banjoxed wrote: »
    Kindly point out where six million Christians got exterminated for their religious identity within living memory, ta

You then responded simply with:
    Religeous identity.

You (incorrectly) tried to comment on what you thought was a misspelling.

The moderator simply deleted this post, but didn't issue an infraction.

However, you then posted:
    Removing my posts. Stay classy moderators!

That is arguing/commenting about a moderator's decision on-thread, something which is against the rules. It is that post which you were infracted for. If you had an issue with the deletion of a post, you should have PMed the mod to discuss, not bring it up on the thread.

Infraction upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

Penn wrote: »
    Hi fullaljackeen

One of your posts:

In this post, you spelt "Religious" incorrectly.

Response to your post with "Religious" spelt correctly:

You then responded simply with:

You (incorrectly) tried to comment on what you thought was a misspelling.

The moderator simply deleted this post, but didn't issue an infraction.

However, you then posted:

That is arguing/commenting about a moderator's decision on-thread, something which is against the rules. It is that post which you were infracted for. If you had an issue with the deletion of a post, you should have PMed the mod to discuss, not bring it up on the thread.

Infraction upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

Thanks for taking this up. So, you're saying that I cannot spell, and at the same time I'm accused of being a grammar nazi? I don't think you need to give this a second thought. I'll say this again. I spelled the word in question the same way as the previous poster because I copied and pasted BOTH words from him.

Your explanation of events makes no sense. There are two words which were corrected according to you. Religious and identity.

The fact of the matter is the poster made a logical falacy which was pointed out. Thats very easy to see. Also you have asked me to PM the mod in question. I had no way of knowing who deleted the post. Do you see that? There was no in thread discussion of my deleted post until I commented on it. The timeline in your view is also wrong.

I'll raise the issue with an admin so.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Your explanation of events makes no sense.
    I'm having trouble making sense of yours.

When you responded to
    Kindly point out where six million Christians got exterminated for their religious identity within living memory, ta
    with
    Religeous identity.
    - what did you mean by that?

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I'm having trouble making sense of yours.

When you responded to with - what did you mean by that?

Previous poster had gone on at lenght that Jews did not possess a Religeous identity. They were somehow a race, a culture etc...

I pointed out that most every member of every religion starts out by taking their family's religion.

The poster backed up my points with his statement. They (Jewish people) have a Religious identity. The same as any Religeous people with family have.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

OK, that still makes no sense to me.

As Penn has pointed out, you don't discuss moderation in-thread. The infraction is upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement