Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gentlemen's Club: Warning.

Options
  • 11-05-2014 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

I am asking for a review of the decision to send me warnings about my posts in "The Boko Haram Kidnapping - Did boys not matter ?" thread. I have asked for clarification from the Mod, and notified the Mod of my intention to post here, as required in the Modding instructions.

The first warning referred to my comment in comment #36

Shortly thereafter I was warned again after posting a reply in Comment #61

First of all I truly believe that it really is stretching things to describe my first comment in #36 as "uncivil". This is a situation that is happening in TGC all the time, where we try to discuss issues that are relevant to Men, and female contributors come to disrupt discussion and provoke as much diversionary red herrings as possible, trying to provoke the male contributors into being modded.

Secondly, After the first warning, I went to visit the discussion to find myself being accused of "bias towards women in general" by one of these female contributors without any basis whatsoever, in what is clearly a baiting comment.

When I read that comment I clicked on reply, in order to refute that accusation and I simply said "How on earth would you know anything about me ? And what evidence do you have to make that kind of accusation ?" in comment Comment #61

I had made that post without noticing that the Mod had posted a warning at the very bottom of the previous page. Although I would also say that I was not making ANY criticism of other members whatsoever in that post - which was the subject of the warning !

I also note that only none of the female contributors who attacked me have any 'warning' labels on their posts. Although one does have such a label based on a later comment and another male has a warning over what appears to me to be a perfectly fair and validly argued comment #62. I do not understand why men seem to get targeted for modding in these discussions when females come to disrupt.

I feel that this level of modding is heavy-handed and biased. It is also clear and evident in this and many other threads that this disruptive and baiting practice has been widespread for a long long time, and that male contributors are held to a completely different and higher standard.

I would appreciate if these decision, as they pertain to me, could be reviewed and my warnings lifted. I would also like to request a review of how modding is applied in this tGC forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi Piliger - I will look into this for you.
    Please note though I am only going to review the mod actions taken against you. This is not the location to look for a general review of the modding there - that can be done in Feedback after this Dispute is resolved.

Thanks
    Taltos

Hi Piliger - I have reviewed the thread in it's entirety and have discussed with the mods.

Before I go into the decision I have made here I have to call out the following, this thread quickly descended into a back and forth with a number of posts that I can see goaded you into making the poor choices in posts you made. However, I don't see one post reported by you or by anyone else. You and others know how this works here, the mods in TGC have so many threads to keep on top of that it is only through the help of posters who flag inappropriate posts/posters that we can hope to keep things moving smoothly.

Going forwards, can I please ask that if you see posts like on this thread again that instead of reacting please instead report them and give a clear reason why - for example - "Poster X is just trolling now" or "Y is trying to get me to respond off topic" etc.

Anyway back to this, please be confident in knowing that other posters have been and are in the process of being spoken to here, remember sometimes mods will send PMs that are not visible to other posters. Similarly a Yellow or a Warning is just a simple "wake up" or "hold on a sec" reminder to a poster to play nice, it doesn't count to anything else. After speaking with the mod team in TGC they have suggested the following, reversal of the 1st warning. The 2nd warning though comes shortly after a general mod warning on thread and so that one clearly has to stand.

Please let me know if this approach is acceptable to you? (rescinding of the 1st warning/yellow)
    if it is we will request the yellow be reversed, if not though the next step is to escalate this DRF to Admin review.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Is it ok to respond by PM ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Decision accepted.

Thanks Piliger - will get the ball rolling on the warning now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement