Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MOTD Goal of the Season.

• 11-05-2014 11:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Votes are taking place now and the outcome will be revealed at the end of the programme.

Patjim Kasami's goal for me but I have a feeling it will go to Rooney's score from the centre circle.

Nominations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Wilsheres. Others are all shots. Wilsheres is a magical team goal.

I'm biased yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wilshere's goal was all about football. The others were mainly hit & hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Went with Wilshere too, those touches were just majestic. The nonchalant way he finished it was nice aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Rooneys shouldn't even be on the list. One of the most over-rated goals since he shined his over-head goal vs City. Neville voting it as goal of the season was comical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Wilshere's is best, but, yeah, it'll be Rooney, even though Shelvey's was a better finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Rooneys shouldn't even be on the list. One of the most over-rated goals since he shined his over-head goal vs City. Neville voting it as goal of the season was comical.

the keeper was an absolute clown too. Comedy goalkeeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Shelveys goal is my fav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Kasami's is technically the best goal. Go out and try and land a ball on your chest from behind you, then volley it across yourself into the top corner from outside the box.... Let me know how you get on. Special special goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Hard one to choose because of the different types but I like the Kasami goal, cracking technique from a very tight angle.

I dont think the Shelvey goal even made the nominations of the Sky GOTS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Kasami or suarez volley against norwich. Rooney will get it though for the most overrated goal since his bicy against city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wilshere wins!

Got 42% of the votes, Suarez was second and Kasami third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wilshere wins!

Was a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

It was a unique goal. The others, not so much.

The people spoke, and they spoke clearly.

Bye, bye boring Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Bye, bye boring Alan.

Why is he stepping down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

royster999 wrote: »
    Why is he stepping down?

Hasn't been offered the role again for next season.

They need fresh blood to compete with Sky who have kind of overtaken them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

royster999 wrote: »
    Why is he stepping down?

He has no use for the 30k a week any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

I wouldnt class it as a job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He has no use for the 30k a week any more.

He's run out of old rope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Kasami deserved it. I think the fact that he's not playing for a big club, or English, hurt him.

With regards Hansen, anyone think the send-off they gave him was pretty poor? No matter what people think of him, and I'm far from his biggest fan, the guy was there for 20+ years. They could have given him a gift like a watch or, hell, even a clip reel of his time there. Instead he just got a graphic from the nineties and a run-of-the-mill 'thanks for everything' line from Lineker.

I will say about RTE at least they would have done better than that. I think there was a chap who worked the cameras who left a year or two ago who got a better send-off than Hansen.

Then again, maybe he's off to ITV to link up with his old pals Chiles and Dixon and the BBC just couldn't be arsed. Either way I felt a bit bad for him the way it was done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭chrissb8

I am so glad Hansen is gone. Even though I don't watch MOTD and just get the highlights on the internet just seeing him and knowing he was commentating on football irked me. The last 10 years he has been terrible. Didn't understand the modern game and was horribly bias at times. Definitely liked to pick on a player or two in analyzing them. I think he was rather nasty. Barely smiled or laughed. Being honest he was just depressing. Kevin Phillips would be a great addition if they could get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

chrissb8 wrote: »
    I am so glad Hansen is gone. Even though I don't watch MOTD and just get the highlights on the internet just seeing him and knowing he was commentating on football irked me. The last 10 years he has been terrible. Didn't understand the modern game and was horribly bias at times. Definitely liked to pick on a player or two in analyzing them. I think he was rather nasty. Barely smiled or laughed. Being honest he was just depressing. Kevin Phillips would be a great addition if they could get him.

I'd say they'll blood in an ex Utd player.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Wilshere wins!

Think they got that just about right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭GBXI

cathalio11 wrote: »
    It was a unique goal. The others, not so much.

The people spoke, and they spoke clearly.

Ah come on, Kasami's goal was very unique. It's actually so much better technically than so many goals you see getting shown all the time - even Van Basten's (admittedly a more important goal).

That list was between Wilshere and Kasami. Nice to see the people appreciate a team goal but Kasami's would also have been a deserving winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'd go for Kasami's too, but Wilshere's and the team effort is a good shout.

Fulham players have a knack for the spectacular, I remember Collins John scored a beauty from a tight angle like MVB too a good few seasons ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wilshere's goal was all about football. The others were mainly hit & hope.

Kasami's goal wasn't hit and hope, no sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Kasami for the actual shot for me, wilshere for team contribution.

GBXI wrote: »
    Ah come on, Kasami's goal was very unique. It's actually so much better technically than so many goals you see getting shown all the time - even Van Basten's (admittedly a more important goal).

That list was between Wilshere and Kasami. Nice to see the people appreciate a team goal but Kasami's would also have been a deserving winner.

That's fair enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's a pity they couldn't have done Team Goal of The Season and Individual goal of the season coz I couldn't choose between Kasami and Wilshere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Kasami's was an excellent goal and could have been GOTS in a lot of years however, I think Wilshire's goal will be looked at and admired for years to come as one of the great team goals of all time. An important factor in its beauty (besides the intricate passing, of course) is the finish, where Wilshire does not smack the ball but merely passes it into the corner - the stiletto rather than the claymore!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Kasami's was an excellent goal and could have been GOTS in a lot of years however, I think Wilshire's goal will be looked at and admired for years to come as one of the great team goals of all time. An important factor in its beauty (besides the intricate passing, of course) is the finish, where Wilshire does not smack the ball but merely passes it into the corner - the stiletto rather than the claymore!!

Kasami's being punished for not being Wilshere I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Kasami's being punished for not being Wilshere I feel.

Punished by who? Popular vote? Ridiculous argument, why did so many people not go for Wayne Rooney if that were the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I for one will miss Hansen , in comparison to Lawreson or Hamman or Shearer or Linekar himself - he said it as it was - some good goals this season , Wilshire probably best , but Kasami was such a sweet hit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement