Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny to Dublin car sharing

Options
  • 11-05-2014 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have recently accepted a position in a dublin based practice and was just wondering is there anybody making the commute every weekday, I am looking to car share to cut the cost of travel as public transport is very expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved from our Independent & Youth Travel over into the Kilkenny forum where it would be better suited as it is localised.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭sparkynash

Hi,if you go to paulstown some evening there are loads of cars parked at the cemetery all those guys commute and car pool so if you waited there some evening and chatted with some of them you mite be sorted.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I did KK to Citywest for 3 months earlier this year. On my last week as I was leaving I spotted a car in front of me with an ad on the back window "Person wanted to Carshare Kilkenny to Citywest Phone ****" never toook down the number. What part of Dublin you going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭sparkynash

Unfortunately i dont go to Dublin i travel from birr in co Offaly to Carlow daily on my own for over 4 years now,i am in Kilkenny every weekend and i know a guy who works in the prison service and he and another guy travel from kk daily to dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Maybe try the Carlow or Kildare forum also. Should be more people over that way.
    Think there are websites that you can use to put up a notice for carpooling like www.carpool.ie or www.carsharing.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Chriss143

kikel wrote: »
    I did KK to Citywest for 3 months earlier this year. On my last week as I was leaving I spotted a car in front of me with an ad on the back window "Person wanted to Carshare Kilkenny to Citywest Phone ****" never toook down the number. What part of Dublin you going to?

Ill be based in balls bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

What will your working hours in Dublin be? Do you have your own car to share, or are you looking for somebody else to do the driving?

What will your working hours in Dublin be? Do you have your own car to share, or are you looking for somebody else to do the driving?

From 9:00 to 5:30 mon to fri and yeah I have my own car

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mguni90

Chriss143 wrote: »
    From 9:00 to 5:30 mon to fri and yeah I have my own car

Hi, just wondering if you're still travelling up to Dublin weekdays and for how long you're looking to do this for. I am starting a course in Dublin 1 Sept and looking to commute up and down mon-fri. Do you have any room in your car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I know a mature masters student who wants to travel up - would be happy to share expenses

EDIT: Hmm, I have just noticed the original enquiry was a few months ag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Mguni90

I know a mature masters student who wants to travel up - would be happy to share expenses

Hi are they starting the masters in September? My course begins on the 1st of September. Is it possible to get your friends contact details so I can discuss this further with them.
    Thanks

Mguni90 wrote: »
    Hi are they starting the masters in September? My course begins on the 1st of September. Is it possible to get your friends contact details so I can discuss this further with them.
    Thanks

You could do but he has no car having just arrived in the country - so he would be hoping for trip sharing or will just stay up - I don't think he is much help to you

Mguni90 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if you're still travelling up to Dublin weekdays and for how long you're looking to do this for. I am starting a course in Dublin 1 Sept and looking to commute up and down mon-fri. Do you have any room in your car?

Hey I work up in dublin so I plan on doin it for quite awhile but the problem is I don't even drive myself I take the bus I worked out that I would need 3 people to travel with me everyday to cover the petrol and parking and your the first person to show interest. So unless I can get 2 more people and yourself before September then ill probably keep gettin the bus. I would prefer to drive myself but I posted this add awhile back so I wouldn't be to hopeful. Sure if you hear of more people lookin to travel you could point em in my direction.

Hey you can tell your friend I still travel up and down to dublin but I go on the bus because I couldn't get enough people to car share but I would still prefer that option so I'm still actively looking for people. My number is 0868815347 so If he wants to call

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I think I should advise you that putting your phone number and/ or email address on a public forum is not very safe and I would recommend that you wish to be contacted via the PM function, how as ever, it is entirely your decision.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Hey you can tell your friend I still travel up and down to dublin but I go on the bus because I couldn't get enough people to car share but I would still prefer that option so I'm still actively looking for people.

Hey you can tell your friend I still travel up and down to dublin but I go on the bus because I couldn't get enough people to car share but I would still prefer that option so I'm still actively looking for people.

Hi I answered ya ina private message - and I will get my friend to ring you this week

Advertisement