Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kidd Barrel Removal

Options
  • 11-05-2014 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

Has anyone with a standard Ruger receiver been able to hand remove a Kidd barrel?

In all of my 10/22's, the original barrel, as well as others like Shaw, has been hand removable.

Given the amount of effort it took to get my Kidd barrel in to the receiver, I hold out little hope of elegantly removing it without a puller.

Anyone have a puller they recommend? Anything like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I found VERY CAREFUL GENTLE taps with a rubber mallet will dislodge it, Thats a factory barrel but the kidd might be that bit tighter, Iv been looking at one of those pushers it looks like a great job. I wonder can they be shipped internationally

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

And with the Ruger 10/22 action its a really tight fit you need to prevent barrel droop.

Always use anti-seize grease on the barrel and action BEFORE fitting to aid in removal.

Anyway the best way I've found to remove the Kidd barrel is to put the barrel in a vice. Wrap in plenty of newspaper to prevent marking the barrel. Then with an electric paint remover gun. like a big hair dryer, gently heat up the action to expand it. Using an adjustable spanner I then gently rotate the action to remove it.

Advertisement