Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New router

Options
  • 12-05-2014 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I'm asking this question on behalf of a family member. Her internet connection is very poor, pages taking ages to load and the likes, she lives in Dublin City, so you would expect the speed to be fairly rapid. We have concluded that the router is at fault, as it is a very old one, the "antenna" are broken and if shaken, pieces move around inside of the router. She is in a different situation regarding her account, so I'm wondering how she could get a replacement, and if it would be free of charge. Could a rep please PM me to continue this conversation.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

not just ring 1901? its free and they'll send you one...

if they charge... ask for a router on your facebook page... 

the average internet household should have 2 or 3 old ones lying around! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, 

I'm asking this question on behalf of a family member. Her internet connection is very poor, pages taking ages to load and the likes, she lives in Dublin City, so you would expect the speed to be fairly rapid. We have concluded that the router is at fault, as it is a very old one, the "antenna" are broken and if shaken, pieces move around inside of the router. She is in a different situation regarding her account, so I'm wondering how she could get a replacement, and if it would be free of charge. Could a rep please PM me to continue this conversation.

Thanks!
    Hi Noccy_Mondy

You can arrange a new router by calling technical support on 1890260260 :)

Before doing so feel free to PM me the number in question and I'll check if there any other reasons for the issues in hand.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement