Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fast food chain

Options
  • 12-05-2014 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

i recently bought my daughter some food her one of there chicken nuggets kids meals as she was chewing one of her nuggets she pulled out something the size of a tom nail from the nugget it looked like snot and felt chewey ,
    went back into the resturant to complain they took our name and address and gave her an icecream instead,said they would sent it of for annayaise
    got a letter about a week later explaing it was grizzle and that all there chicken goes through a xray to find foreign objects and this grizzle was missed no apology really but what really annoyed me they could have sent her a voucher for a free meal there kids meals only cost 3.80 :mad:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What else do you expect them to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Before I had finished reading your OP I thought "this sounds just like a piece of grizzle". And it was! I don't know what you expected from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

what do you want to be compensated for?

edit- I see you were given a free ice cream as compensation and you want more vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

Ah, the culture is alive and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

There's gold in them there nuggets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

There's gold in them there nuggets.

Nope, thats a breakfast cereal. This was chicken nuggets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Was the child poisoned, injured, traumatised for life? What do you expect to be compensated for? It's a piece of gristle, not a fingernail.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i found it incredibly hard to read........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Chicken nuggets - over processed, reclaimed sh**e. You were lucky that was all you found! Gristle and associated 'parts' are par for the course in such products. Nothing wrong here!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So you feed your kid over processed "chicken" and you complain when it still contains part of the "chicken"?
    I suggest you learn how they are made

You've been compensated more then enough in fairness,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Plek Trum wrote: »
    Chicken nuggets - over processed, reclaimed sh**e. You were lucky that was all you found! Gristle and associated 'parts' are par for the course in such products. Nothing wrong here!
    Plekky, you forgot "Mechanically Recovered" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Their systems missed a piece of gristle, which is still part of the chicken. She could also have encountered that at home while eating the Sunday roast.

I agree that a free meal would have been a nice touch, but in reality, she already got an ice-cream, and I don't know what more else they could do.

Advertisement